• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hulk Hogan sex tape included racist tirade - WWE cuts all ties

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got you hogan

nigga20pleez.jpg

Velcro Fly

Dog the fucking Bounty Hunter came back from it

Hulk Hogan will come back

I still hope he drops the leg on Gawker though. In the hierarchy of being slimy fucks Gawker is definitely worse.

One thing like this does not simply erase all the man has done for the sport, all he stood for and all that ever encompassed the man's character.

Even if it does sound like he's convinced of his attitude, who REALLY knows what's going on inside him? Maybe a part of him also regrets this way of thinking... like someone else here posted earlier, he IS an older white guy and yeah... the simple fact is that a good bunch of that generation do indeed have a certain percentage of "racism" in them whether they even know it or not. Doesn't excuse his actions, but it might help explain them.

Either way, this will not tarnish my image of HH in my childhood since that was mainly MY perception of him anyway, not the real HH how he was backstage/in his private life.

ElFly

Whats the point of removing references of him from the website?
Are they going to pull down all videos of him from the Network too?

I think that, like with Chris Benoit, they will take him off the search engine, so you will still be able to get his videos, as long as you remember who he fought when.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Everybody knows that Nick Denton is receiving the news now, breathing a huge sigh of relief, and hitting the bong in celebration.

I think that, like with Chris Benoit, they will take him off the search engine, so you will still be able to get his videos, as long as you remember who he fought when.

No chance. If they want to go the extra mile they'll make him like Benoit and make it so you can't search him and what not.

Ahh, didn't know that's how they handled Benoit.
I never search names, I just pick events and watch them.

thefro

If there actually is a tape, the context is going to be pretty important. When was it recorded? Who else is on it? Are they drunk?

kiguel182

I doubt this happened because he said the n word once. It would be way to extreme.

He probably went on a racist tirade or something like that to justify this panic move. It had to be something really, really bad.

Zee-Row

Banned
Wow, Hogan getting the Benoit treatment, Bubba and his wife really did fuck him good.

Cena cheated on his ex-wife, probably multiple times.

IIRC that all came about from them hanging out at a bar or something and a picture of them making kissy faces towards each other.
Shit, I forgot that Jericho punched a chick in the face a few years ago!

.hacked

that was it? What an over reaction, recounting past stories when being asked about it.

Wow, that is fucked up.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0724/598640/update-on-the-hulk-hogan-rumors/

There is a story on the Hulk Hogan situation going around from a "Read Talk Share" website and it should be noted that the website is satire. Any Hogan story on there is just that - satire. The story has already been shared thousands of times and by the looks of social media, people are believing it.

However, there is another website that claims they heard a snippet from the alleged Hogan audio that is going around. MediaTakeout.com, which has been the source of some crazy rumors over the years but has also reported credible stories, says they heard part of the audio and called it "disgusting, there can be no doubt that Hulk Hogan is a racist." They allege that the tape was discovered during Hogan's lawsuit with Gawker, which backs up other rumors we've heard. They add that it was sold to the National Enquirer and comes from a legal disposition. MTO also noted that WWE had the chance to hear the audio on Thursday night and were appalled, which is why they began distancing themselves.

Zee-Row

Banned
WWE must really regret the Katie Vick storyline. People always upload video from it and then a few months later it gets taken down. Then the cycle continues and it gets reuploaded. I'm surprised Kane referenced it with Daniel Bryan a year or 2 ago.

Nah they promoted him more after that. Made him a tough enough judge.

And made him a WWE Ambassador and had him host Wrestlemania 30 and had a birthday party for him on RAW. I don't think he was even an employee when the sex tape was a thing.

God forbid some kid Googled Hogan's name, what might come up...oh wait, that's selective reasoning for giving someone the boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom