• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Humble Software Bundle for PC Lovers (Humble Bundle, obviously)

Not experienced in this myself, is any of this worth it for a regular PC gamer like me?

Pay what you want!

System Mechanic 16.5
1 year license for new customers only

AirParrot 2 (two-pack)
Lifetime licenses, redeemable twice

EaseUS Partition Master Pro 11.9

Pay more than the average of $4.68 to also unlock!

DAEMON Tools Pro 8 Lifetime
Lifetime licenses for up to 3 PCs

Backblaze Online Backup
6 months of unlimited backup, for new users only

3DMark Advanced Edition

Pay $12 or more to also unlock!

PCMark 8 Advanced Edition

VRMark Advanced Edition

Dashlane Premium
1 year, new users only

EASEUS is pretty decent, otherwise this bundle really is for enthusiasts.
AirParrot sounds nice as well.
Also lol at Daemon tools, I haven't used that software since high school.

Six months of Backblaze for $5-ish dollars is well worth that price (although fair warning, new subscribers only). If I wasn't already a happy Backblaze customer, I'd grab that bundle just for that alone.

I understand EaseUS is a good partition manager, and if you haven't already got a password manager setup I hear Dashlane is pretty good, and you'll get the trilogy of Marks thrown in with that. So, yeah, decent bundle.

Khaz

I already got a licence for Alcohol 120, how does it compare to Daemons tools pro? One irritating thing I can't do is mount an image with compressed audio tracks: the image can't be iso+mp3 or flac, it has to be wav.

Jebusman

Banned
Coincidentally, I think Daemon Tools' traffic decline is a pretty 1:1 comparison with the popularity of Steam.

I'm sure it fell off a cliff when Microsoft integrated ISO mounting into Windows proper. It was the only reason I ever used it.

Seems alright, might be nice to have a premium version of 3DMark for benchmarking maybe. I wouldn't say it's a must-have bundle unless there's a specific tool in the pack that you find compelling. I feel like there are free tools that do what, say, EASEUS or Daemon Tools do already. 6 months of Backblaze is nice but it's still just an introductory subscription offer. I wouldn't trust System Mechanic with my computer (or any "IS YOUR COMPUTER RUNNING SLOW IT'S BECAUSE OF TEMP FILES MAN" "optimization" software).

dLMN8R

"System Mechanic" sounds like a fucking disaster in the making.

If you want to make your PC less reliable in the long run, including making updates months or years down the line have more problems because of unexpected compatibility issues, there is literally no better way to accomplish that than mucking around in the registry naively, wiping out files that something thinks are not necessary, and mess around with various systems and processes in ways Microsoft never intended or supported.

rrs

seems like a grab bag of software in need of promotion

also don't use that system optimizer/"10 minute oil change """""""""mechanic"""""" garbage, heed the wise words above me

Kayant

If you want to make your PC less reliable in the long run, including making updates months or years down the line have more problems because of unexpected compatibility issues, there is literally no better way to accomplish that than mucking around in the registry naively, wiping out files that something thinks are not necessary, and mess around with various systems and processes in ways Microsoft never intended or supported.
That's what you want us think you MS employee! 😜

Yep no one touch even with a ten-foot pole. Reminds me of the same nonsense on Android.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Already picked up 3DMark for $4.49 in the December Steam sale, otherwise I'd pick this up, just for that.

I once bricked a Windows install with CCleaner, never again.

Top Bottom