• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter Blade Closed Beta Begins: F2P Monster Hunter Clone!

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I need more storage, how do I get more Jade Shells? I used all the game gave me at the start to extend my storage box and my inventory but I don't see how to get more.

Xane

Alextended said:
I need more storage, how do I get more Jade Shells? I used all the game gave me at the start to extend my storage box and my inventory but I don't see how to get more.
Every character on your account can receive 1000 Jade Shells every day from Simon.
Now this is exploitable by just creating new characters, get the Shells and recreate a new character.
Of course, this is only possible while in Closed Beta.

uninstalled this today. i plug in my PS2 pad but movement is 8 directions only even when i use the analog stick.

never got to runes and masteries but armor is so shallow, do you want to wear 5 pieces or 3/2 pieces?

nobody wants to team up, and there's not enough people for auto-matching to work.

i might jump in again when there are more monsters and players. right now the game controls like ass, paintballs and hawk potions don't work, and finding someone to team up with is like pulling teeth.

Xane

Hm.. sucks. I am going to test the game with my 360 controller and see if it's really just 8 directions.

DiscoJer

Lesiroth said:
I'll have to check this out, since apparently Capcom thinks we don't deserve Frontier over here.

Well, this will probably be ignored by them, but the MH clone from Perfect World (as someone brought up in post #11) will likely be on Steam when it releases (the last two Perfect World games have been anyway). That might be too big to ignore...(nah, it's Capcom)

Xane

DiscoJer said:
Well, this will probably be ignored by them, but the MH clone from Perfect World (as someone brought up in post #11) will likely be on Steam when it releases (the last two Perfect World games have been anyway). That might be too big to ignore...(nah, it's Capcom)
I don't think Frontier will ever come to the west, sadly. It looks so badass though.

The Korean version of MHFO is going down too (servers are closing by the end of September). It just don't think they're risking another potential "mistake". ;//

Orayn

Yeah, Hunter Blade has really failed to impress me in basically every way. RaiderZ looks pretty neat, though.

Card Boy

Banned
DiscoJer said:

Interesting, i can't belive i missed that. Is there a Gaf thread for RaiderZ? At least the locations and monsters are unique in that one from the looks of it.

Xane

Gez said:
Interesting, i can't belive i missed that. Is there a Gaf thread for RaiderZ? At least the locations and monsters are unique in that one from the looks of it.
While RaiderZ indeed looks interesting, it has very few similarities with Monster Hunter.
Besides that, RaiderZ is developed or published by Perfect World, which is known for Pay 2 Win games. ;//

Nevertheless, I will give it a try.

Top Bottom