• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hurricane Season 2011 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
perfectchaos007 said:
Lucky. Its probably going to brush by PR and then catch the North Atlantic Drift and head away from the U.S.

Yeah that's the track I am leaning towards. But if it forms by tomorrow... 4 storms just in July. Daaaamn.

Relix said:
Yeah that's the track I am leaning towards. But if it forms by tomorrow... 4 storms just in July. Daaaamn.

September should be fun. I remember a couple years ago there were 3 storms in the atlantic at one time. lol. Maybe this year we will see two storms converge!

Meadows

Banned
Not liking the look of Typhoon Muifa one little bit.

It's a Cat 4 heading north-east from a few hundred miles east of the Philippines towards the gap between Taiwan and mainland Japan.

The models I'm seeing are showing it's gonna curve around toward Taiwan, hopefully we don't get hit too hard.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
perfectchaos007 said:
Doesn't look like it's going to form tonight Relix, but there now is a better chance of it interacting with US soil

Yeah. I was internetless for a few days so... whoops. Still... no west winds, displaced MLC and LLC... its having a very troubled morning. If it keeps up this way the more westerly it moves.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Emily is born! This one will be fun!

at201105.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm fine with her coming up through Florida, so long as it doesn't turn hot and muggy right after. D: Just for the love of god don't turn into a hurricane. I'm fine with Tropical Storms, thanks.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Retro said:
.... My dad literally just closed on a mobile home north of Orlando today

Depending on where it hits, he'll be fine. Unless it strengthens past a level 1.

Retro

TheSeks said:
Depending on where it hits, he'll be fine. Unless it strengthens past a level 1.

He's not living down there yet. Found a great deal on a place where some of our family lives and he retires next summer, so he couldn't pass it up... so while he's not going to get rolled or anything, I think it's hilarious he's buying a mobile home in hurricane country the same day the first wily storm of the season starts to spin up.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Receiving my first bands here in Puerto Rico. Government closes tomorrow here. HEavy rains expected, heavy gusts, and sustained tropical storm winds in the Southwest edge of the island. Its on

Relix said:
Receiving my first bands here in Puerto Rico. Government closes tomorrow here. HEavy rains expected, heavy gusts, and sustained tropical storm winds in the Southwest edge of the island. Its on

LUCKY! Have fun! If there's a power outage, I hope it doesn't last more than an hour so you can get back on GAF :p

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
perfectchaos007 said:
LUCKY! Have fun! If there's a power outage, I hope it doesn't last more than an hour so you can get back on GAF :p

Been a fun ride so far. I went to bed at 3Am and got up at 7:30am just to see some of the bands. Some really strong rain for minutes and definitely windy. A bit cold too. Still regarding track I believe the center has relocated a bit to the East or Southeast of where NHC has it. It wouldn't surprise me if the track kept shifting west. The ridge will break at some point allowing it to escape to the NW for a day or two. Its missing Florida now in the official track too.

Meadows

Banned
Is there any place here for Asian storms? Nobody here seems to take much notice. If that was the case then you should have named it the Gulf Hurricane Season 2011 OT

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Meadows said:
Is there any place here for Asian storms? Nobody here seems to take much notice. If that was the case then you should have named it the Gulf Hurricane Season 2011 OT
Go ahead! Muifa looks like a classic hurricane/typhoon!
wp201111.gif

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I wouldn't mind if a hurricane hit Texas. Things are so hot and dry I think it would have a net benefit effect.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Well the girl does pack a little punch. Been raining nonstop for over 6 hours in Puerto Rico with some winds reported up to 55mph. Its awfully cool too. It must be under 70F.

Retro

teh_pwn said:
I wouldn't mind if a hurricane hit Texas. Things are so hot and dry I think it would have a net benefit effect.

From what I was hearing last week, the problem in Texas is that the drought itself is acting against the hurricane; as soon as they hit that hot, dry air, they start to fall apart (which is what happened to Don).

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
That track will have to shift west. She's having issues... the LLC is racing ahead and exposed while the convection and MLC seem to be moving WNW.

Miggytronz

bbagwell said:
I don't think anyone wants a hurricane coming their way. Charleston is watching Emily very closely.

Im in Virginia Beach, hasnt rained in like 2 weeks where i live. Hell my grass is struggling.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
Retro said:
From what I was hearing last week, the problem in Texas is that the drought itself is acting against the hurricane; as soon as they hit that hot, dry air, they start to fall apart (which is what happened to Don).

Yep, this high pressure ridge that's parked its big fat ass over over us all year is going to have to dissipate before any serious precipitation is allowed to form in Southeast Texas.

DOO13ER said:
Here in Baytown we haven't had more than half an inch of rain since November.

That's right, November 2010.

I know two very attractive girls in baytown. they graduated from barbers hill high a few years ago. I won't disclose their names but you're lucky to live in baytown if all women are as hot as the two I know from there

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Retro said:

It's slowly turning into a desert in Austin. Everything's dead, turning into a golden brown color. 106 highs daily. Fuck this shit.

I mean for fucks sake the tap water is warm.

HylianTom

Banned
teh_pwn said:
It's slowly turning into a desert in Austin. Everything's dead, turning into a golden brown color. 106 highs daily. Fuck this shit.

I mean for fucks sake the tap water is warm.

I'm making the move from Austin to New Orleans in a month or two, and actual rain is one thing that I'm looking forward to. When I first came to Austin in 2001, it had wet weather. Now, I worry that the area is settling-into some sort of long-term dry change. Kinda scary.

Anyway, Hurricane-GAF will have another reporter on the ground from NOLA in a short bit of time. And as a hospital worker, I'll be required to stay in town during storms and emergencies..

diunxx

lol we got a free day from work today because Emily was suppose to hit us at 2 p.m. (Hispaniola) but it barely rained and there was only like five minutes of wind, my bosses must be pretty pissed off :lol

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
perfectchaos007 said:
I know two very attractive girls in baytown. they graduated from barbers hill high a few years ago. I won't disclose their names but you're lucky to live in baytown if all women are as hot as the two I know from there

The Hispanic women in Baytown are to die for, haven't seen too much impressive in the way of white girls. I just think it's patently ridiculous that a place so close to water with air you could practically choke on due to moisture content is so ridiculously dry. But it's not just me, it's all of fucking Texas...

I hear Barber's Hill is like a hot slut factory, by the way.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Crap. Emily has been stuck under Hispaniola for about 12 hours dumping rain, especially over Haiti. =/

GrizzNKev

Banned
And to think that today is the day I leave Gainesville to go back home to Pembroke Pines/Weston to get hit by this thing. I'd have been fine if summer term lasted just one more week.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
And so Emily died over the mountains of Hispaniola. Gonna wait and see if it regenerates... 60% chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom