• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyper Light Drifter [Kickstarter = Funded] Wii-U Stretch at 550K, Ends Oct 12

Looks great, hope it reaches the last stretch goal, or are PS4/Vita ports already confirmed:

"REVISION! I'd like for everyone to be able to get the version they want. If you have already contributed at the $10 tier, simply pledge an additional $5 and I'll compose a survey after the campaign is over to determine which version you would like a key for. Cross-buy is undetermined for right now. If you have already contributed at $15 or more, you will be given the choice of PC, Linux, Mac, PS4 or Vita. That's as simple as I can make it for now!"

I'm embarassed to say that's the one Miyazaki movie I haven't seen.

Its the best one.

JDSN

Banned
6. Torment: Tides of Numenara - the most funded game software Kickstarter to date (Star Citizen technically has more but earned most of it outside of KS). Impressions from WL2 are gonna be crucial in predicting how up to task InExile are to create these kinds of CRPGs.

Theres plenty of impressions here:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9123

http://thegamershub.net/2013/09/wasteland-2-preview/

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/w...13/08/23/reshaping-wastelands-open-world.aspx

Fisico

OT, but I didn't back that one and the updates are for backers only. How is that game coming along?

Well he makes update on a monthy basis with footages explaining what he is trying to do and going into details regarding the technical challenges he must face.
He still use his strange speaking demeanour.

Here is the last video he shared.

Ran rp

The $60 tier is one of the best I've seen if you think of it as:

$10 for the game
+ 10 for a second copy
+ $10 for the shirt
+ $10 for the art book
+ $10 for the soundtrack
+ $10 for general support plus beta access and wallpapers

Naito

new stretch goal at 200K
physical companion art book
no specifics given yet

Might as well link the Update #10!

LRKHuLd.png

. new stretch goal @ $200k for a physical Companion Art Book
. upcoming contest announcement.
. new images and fan arts

Looks great, hope it reaches the last stretch goal, or are PS4/Vita ports already confirmed:

"REVISION! I'd like for everyone to be able to get the version they want. If you have already contributed at the $10 tier, simply pledge an additional $5 and I'll compose a survey after the campaign is over to determine which version you would like a key for. Cross-buy is undetermined for right now. If you have already contributed at $15 or more, you will be given the choice of PC, Linux, Mac, PS4 or Vita. That's as simple as I can make it for now!"

Its the best one.

They're at $160k with 27 days left, even if they weren't confirmed already, they're practically certainties at this point.

CRS

Too bad they're a small team and physical items are difficult for them. I would love it if a physical artbook and/or OST was added as a stretch goal. Maybe at the $200k level.
!!!!!

Hope there's plenty of concept art in the book. Also, that first fan art piece looks awesome. Now we just need an OST and we're golden.

mao2

I pledged $15 after watching the trailer and learning about the PS4 and Vita versions. Man, this game definitely has garnered a lot of interest. It looks like the number of backers here will soon overtake those backing Shantae: Half-Genie Hero, and that kinda makes me both happy and sad at the same time. :/

nillapuddin

The lack of Xbox One version on the horizon is making me sad, I won't mind it on PC.. but I want a huge indie library on my One
: /

Ryu

Well he makes update on a monthy basis with footages explaining what he is trying to do and going into details regarding the technical challenges he must face.
He still use his strange speaking demeanour.

Here is the last video he shared.

Thanks for sharing this. I appreciate it. :)

Back on topic - I am kind of disappointed in the expansion of the physical reward tiers. In my experience, physical rewards have been the absolute bane of most Kickstarter campaigns and tend to cost far more money and time than anything else. The extremely limited signed print was enough in my opinion and this expansion of a physical art book plus a t-shirt just reeks of over-reaching and this kind of psuedo "I have more money than I know what to do with" mentality that just hurts campaigns overall. Am I the only one who thinks that?

wilflare

Back on topic - I am kind of disappointed in the expansion of the physical reward tiers. In my experience, physical rewards have been the absolute bane of most Kickstarter campaigns and tend to cost far more money and time than anything else. The extremely limited signed print was enough in my opinion and this expansion of a physical art book plus a t-shirt just reeks of over-reaching and this kind of psuedo "I have more money than I know what to do with" mentality that just hurts campaigns overall. Am I the only one who thinks that?

can always feedback to him in the comments section.
the artbook is his response to the various requests he has received over on the KS.

Ryu

can always feedback to him in the comments section.
the artbook is his response to the various requests he has received over on the KS.

I actually stressed it in the comments on the KS to not do it as well but there are far more active users who just love physical junk regardless of time investment. I guess I just want the developer's time focused on the game itself and not months spent fulfilling ridiculous rewards.

I guess I just wanted him to actually make that June 2014 deadline, but I guess this will just be another KS campaign that will likely get delayed another 6+ months at this point.

Naito

There's also a new $150 pledge tier, THANK-YOU SCROLL, if I'm not mistaken:
well at least I did notice it just now.

kidko

I actually stressed it in the comments on the KS to not do it as well but there are far more active users who just love physical junk regardless of time investment. I guess I just want the developer's time focused on the game itself and not months spent fulfilling ridiculous rewards.

I guess I just wanted him to actually make that June 2014 deadline, but I guess this will just be another KS campaign that will likely get delayed another 6+ months at this point.

I doubt they'll focus much on the book until after the game ships

Max O Power

Neo Member
Sony should really throw someone his way and make this Vita/ps4 thing happen. Drop the dumb Borderlands thing and get on top of this!

Also I want my wallpaper as soon as possible.

Takao

Banned
Sony should really throw someone his way and make this Vita/ps4 thing happen. Drop the dumb Borderlands thing and get on top of this!

Also I want my wallpaper as soon as possible.

The game would have to have funding absolutely plummet for the Vita and PS4 versions not to happen.

CRS

The game would have to have funding absolutely plummet for the Vita and PS4 versions not to happen.
I think the PS4 and Vita versions will happen regardless if the 220k isn't met. I think they put it as a goal so people have an incentive to donate even more.

FiraB

Banned
Signed.

Want that vita goal for OLED. Game has a beautiful design to it, reminds me of nausicaa of the valley of the wind of some reason with the world design.

I might be foolish, but I regretted not getting the print the first time around and upped my pledge from 25 to 110. I am just in LOVE with the art style. Man I hope this game is awesome.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Agreed. I imagine that Sony will have dev kits in the mail to him this week.
I really wonder how the process works. Apparently it's as easy as tweeting any Sony exec. They say it is but, it boggles buy mind.

Sony has been actively going after indie developers. Microsoft is still thinking that the developers will come to them.
Yeah, there's a thread floating around here about a Gameatsura post about their philosophy. It's not gonna pan out too too well at this rate.

Nope. Then again, I've never contributed enough to get anywhere close to a physical reward tier.

Top Bottom