• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyper Light Drifter [Kickstarter = Funded] Wii-U Stretch at 550K, Ends Oct 12

iavi

I seriously think that may be the best protagonist design in a long time.

I'm not surprised it's spawning the fan art it is.

Fisico

iCmwuNBWKnMqk.jpg

reminds me of Evangelion going berserk

tumblr_m9508l6Y6H1rw7n3jo1_500.gif

Well...

hyperlightdrifter-evan3ofj.jpg

sachiel_front-back_coqmrok.jpg

Naito

26 days to make 50k for the Vita stretch. I hope this KS hasn't blown its load too early, I needs me Vita version.
I wouldn't worry too much; it has slowed down but that's usual after the initial hype. It's going well - hell, we're close to reach the next stretch goal.

It's a safe sail, so sit back and enjoy it ;)

Momentary

Banned
Kickstarters only tend to make all their money in the first few fays and in the last 24 hours. It's going to get over 300,000.

Mdk7

I'm so hyped about this game i felt the urge to create something in Hexels...
Hope you guys enjoy it!
(and c'mon, let's bring it to consoles!!) ;)

hyperlighttrixels_by_mdk7-d6mjgik.jpg

Naito

Hope you guys enjoy it!

Love your take on the Drifter Mdk7, hopefully it will show up in the next update :)

Cyklops

Neo Member
180K reached! Another stretch goal accomplished!
If this game receives funding at the same rate as the past few days, we should reach PS4/Vita version by the end of this week.

Good job mate :D

Yay for the new stretch goal but I'm wondering, when we'll be around $220k, what kind of new goals he will introduce.

From what I gather from the current stretch goal description, likely nothing much else. It seems he's pretty much already hit the feature limit (which is probably a good thing, too many kickstarters get caught up in feature creep via stretch goals and it ends up seriously lengthening the dev process). EDIT: NVM, yeah if anything it'll be more ports

garath

Kickstarters don't NEED stretchgoals imo. A few neat things (like a Vita/PS4 version, full soundtrack or something, etc, etc) are great but if pledgers are willing to give more money, use it to just polish the crap out of the game. Maybe it's hiring another guy to QA or help code, or picking up another animator/artist.

ced

I've got to admit I'm starting to get behind these KS goals for the consoles, would love to see these things make it there.

Momentary

Banned
It's awesome to see this game jump on other platforms. If it wouldn't be for the fact that I was graphics and performance snob I would go back to console gaming seeing as how their getting so much indie love.

Mdk7

You're a good person, you know that?

Ahahah, it's the first time someone actually tells me so on the internet, thanks! :D

BTW i sent a message to Alex through the Kickstarter page, pointing him to my piece on DeviantArt... hopefully he will read that! :)

New002

Hope you guys enjoy it!

This is awesome. Game looks awesome. And I loved the music in the trailer.

Seems like I'll be backing my first KS project. Kind of bummed I don't have a PS4 or Vita to take advantage of the stretch goal. This game with Wii U Off TV play would have made me a happy camper, but PC it is!

Hopefully we see more kickstarters add a ps4 stretch goal due to its pc architecture.

I loved the look and game play (bokati, never forget) but was bummed to see it was pc only. I'm crossing all my fingers crossed that it reaches the PS4/vita stretch goal. The older I get the more I want to play beautiful looking games with a few tight mechanics polished to perfection. Saying that is have taken 3 days off work to play gta V haha

Hope you guys enjoy it!

Really cool. I want to do some fanart for this thing but I have a crazy couple of weeks ahead of me. Going to try to fit it in anyway.

NotSelf

Music is such an important part of the game for me i'm glad Disasterpeace is producing it the guy does some very cool stuff.

I'll be posting a note tomorrow inviting everyone to submit art for a contest; reward will be at the $500 tier!

I hope to have a paypal option live ASAP for those who have asked and can't pledge through KS.

I'll be doing a weekly boss reveal, with stats and lore/back story for each.

New combat details and video as well! Details on artist commissions and expanded lore forth-coming.

Podcast with an interview drops Wednesday. I'll have links up. Also have a blast with GTAv!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1661802484/hyper-light-drifter/posts/601284

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
Hope you guys enjoy it!

[IMG ]http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/259/8/b/hyperlighttrixels_by_mdk7-d6mjgik.jpg[/IMG]

This is beautiful.

kidko

Updated the OP with some info from the last couple updates:

Wow! Once more I'm stunned by the pace and support from everyone.

Some quick things to note for this week:

I'll be posting a note tomorrow inviting everyone to submit art for a contest; reward will be at the $500 tier!

I hope to have a paypal option live ASAP for those who have asked and can't pledge through KS.

I'll be doing a weekly boss reveal, with stats and lore/back story for each.

New combat details and video as well! Details on artist commissions and expanded lore forth-coming.

Podcast with an interview drops Wednesday. I'll have links up. Also have a blast with GTAv!

Thanks again you lovely, magnificent supporters!

A few details on the book

On $200,000 Goal: The Companion Art Book is a physical compendium of knowledge and reference materials, high res unused art assets and never before seen art works for the project. It will also include commissioned pieces and extended lore for the world and characters within created by several artists throughout the community as well as a collection of some of the fan art that has been and continues to be posted. (Love it all!) this will be available for purchase after the campaign has ended, once everything has been commissioned and compiled.

Sallokin

That Baths track is super good. Is that something just for the game? Or is it something he's done before that just happens to fit the trailer? I saw one of the updates mentioned he'd have some involvement down the line.

kidko

That Baths track is super good. Is that something just for the game? Or is it something he's done before that just happens to fit the trailer? I saw one of the updates mentioned he'd have some involvement down the line.

His tweet about it seemed to imply that he scored the trailer (wrote that piece just for it)

Coconut

Banned
I wish that stretch goals for kick starters were just things to get the game or whatever it is, to come out faster rather then say t-shirts.

Top Bottom