• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyper Scape (Ubisoft BR game) is being shown on Twitch by streamers

VN1X

Banned
Wait how did this just come out of nowhere? Who is this made by?

This reeks of another one of those halfway done projects that was just snapped up by the publisher to see if it would stick.

VN1X

Banned
Doesn't look half bad though but too early to tell if it has any staying power. Bit hesitant to jump on another flavour of the month game.

dottme

i Look at it, I see a generic BR game. Nothing really knew. Same marketing as valorant. Ho, it’s a close beta but if you watch our marketing campaign, sorry, streamers on twitch, you might get access to it.

VN1X

Banned
BR? Really ?

no innovation no creativity..

just bad
There's hot takes and then there's shitty drive-bys.

I mean you can say that about any genre, don't be so reductive. It's not as if other Ubi games are cancelled or put on the back burner because they are putting out a free-to-play shooter lol.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

It sounds like it has some interesting things going for it, but again, it's still just another BR and nothing else.

I really, really, really want to see the industry get passed this. Let it be Fortnite, Warzone, Apex, and PUBG. Just let the others die off so we can move onto the next big thing. Whatever that is.

This is literally no different than the previous fads we had. Like all of those damn MOBAs that barely changed their look, and that was it.

Looks like the quake 3 of battle royales, much like Lawbrakers was the quake 3 of hero shooters. High skill ceiling, niche appeal, likely sent to die. Unlike Lawbrakers, it is free to play, so I would say it has a better chance of finding an audience. This looks very different than other battle royales, though, I'll give it that.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I want to see once more Ubisoft put passion in their games like they did with Mario + Rabbits and that game is only one thatI really, really enjoyed from them this entire gen.

OutRun88

After playing Apex for a few months I've had my fair share of BR, however this game actually looks quite good.
For those saying it seems generic, what are you referring to specifically? Just the fact it is another BR game?

Always welcome new and fresh BRs from triple AAA. Honestly, more big companies need to jump in. I am sick of Fortnite and Apex. Warzone is best BR there is right now.

People who say its oversaturated with BR games are absolutely deliousnal. That's like saying "There are too many FPS games or Third Persom Action" games on the market. The reason why most dislike BRs or think there are too many of them is because smaller devs and some unknown out of nowhere indie companies try to make Competetive games that have zero fucking polish and bad gameplay and then everyone wonders why most BRs suck.

Waiting on Microsoft, Sony to get their own. And honestly Blizzard, this is free money on the table. Hurry up and get me my Starcraft BR with Terran so I can quit my life, gain 300 lbs, get on unemployment and get a feeding tube. Thanks. Fuck Battle Royale haters.

Last edited:

Liberty4all

Banned
This looks cool as hell. The slide gave me a Titanfall vibe.

The focus that makes it non generic is clearly the vertical gameplay aspect. I’m also getting Shadowrun (Fps) Vibes!

LegendOfKage LegendOfKage lawbreakers was such an awesome game, it didn’t deserve to be ignored :*(

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

People who say its oversaturated with BR games are absolutely deliousnal.
I mean, it IS and HAS been the latest and newest "it" thing in the industry. I don't think there's anything delusional about that at all. It's an observation. I'd say the only other thing that comes close are "Souls-like" games.

CAB_Life

Why?

Let’s release a paint by the numbers BR into a crowded and dominated marketplace. Said no one ever—oh wait.

How does it look generic?

It just looks boring. I watched jackfrags and i was bored to tears. The shooting mechanics look average, the world is dull, the characters are dull. Plus it being an unknown IP doesnt really help it IMO. Literally nothing about it stood out to me other than it being a new BR game.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Thats why I haté Fortnite...

Thank to this piece of shit... The gaming industry are start to loose the creativity and innovation

Of course the gaming industry will follow whatever gives them more money and less headache .. I can’t find myself playing these kind of games

R6Rider

Gold Member
They should have went with a twist on the large scale mode kind of like Plunder in Warzone. Plunder is the only mode I play on there and don't care about another BR mode game.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Battle Royale shouldn't be first person, and it shouldn't be fast paced.

Battle Royale should reward player choices/creativity/strategy over dexterity. If I play this I'm going to get wrecked by every 15 year old kid with superior reflexes/aim...not fun.

Fortnite remains unchallenged.

Liberty4all

Banned
Battle Royale shouldn't be first person, and it shouldn't be fast paced.

Battle Royale should reward player choices/creativity/strategy over dexterity. If I play this I'm going to get wrecked by every 15 year old kid with superior reflexes/aim...not fun.

Fortnite remains unchallenged.

I enjoy slower paced shooters as well with long TTK’s like Planetside.

with that said this is just another take on the BR genre ... I miss quake/UT oh my youth so I’ll def be trying this out.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I enjoy slower paced shooters as well with long TTK’s like Planetside.

with that said this is just another take on the BR genre ... I miss quake/UT oh my youth so I’ll def be trying this out.

Yeah, I'll try it out too. I'm just surprised to see so many recent BR games come out and be first person + faster paced. I want the smarter player to win, not the player with superior mechanical skill.

Watched on stream and the player'character was basically just flying around the map with super jumps and double jumps, might as well have been lawbreakers. I'm not a fan of the movement and tiny enemies with a lack of visual clarity, perhaps that is related to being a tech test but the completed design elements suggest that is not the case. Also I'm so over all this visual distraction around your reticule. Game devs keep it super clean please. Reminds me of Unreal Tournament with more vertical movement, spoiler: I was never of fan of UT.

JimboJones

Always welcome new and fresh BRs from triple AAA. Honestly, more big companies need to jump in. I am sick of Fortnite and Apex. Warzone is best BR there is right now.

People who say its oversaturated with BR games are absolutely deliousnal. That's like saying "There are too many FPS games or Third Persom Action" games on the market. The reason why most dislike BRs or think there are too many of them is because smaller devs and some unknown out of nowhere indie companies try to make Competetive games that have zero fucking polish and bad gameplay and then everyone wonders why most BRs suck.

Waiting on Microsoft, Sony to get their own. And honestly Blizzard, this is free money on the table. Hurry up and get me my Starcraft BR with Terran so I can quit my life, gain 300 lbs, get on unemployment and get a feeding tube. Thanks. Fuck Battle Royale haters.
I wouldn't hate BR as much if it was just a game mode included with shooters, but they have turned a game mode into a genre.

Top Bottom