• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Rafavert

Young Link, Fi, Cia and Great Fairy can't have Strong Attack+ and I think it's the same for Midna although her C1 does damage.

Link's Hylian Sword/Master Sword and Zelda's Rapier have a counter if do C1 right after a block, that's why Zelda's Rapier can have Strong Attack+. It consumes an orb and doesn't really worth it.

Zelda's Dominion Rod has Strong Attack+ because its C1 does damage.

On the same subject, Volga's Pike and Link's swords also have a dodge attack (using C1 right after dodging) but only Link can do it while dodging forward, this will initiate his C2.

Thanks for the info!

Here's a good shot of the new costumes unlockable in Boss Mode

b43.png

Also reposting my question since it might've been on the last page for some of you

Question about the Evil Trio. I read that having the Legendary skill can be useful so you can bypass needing their advanced weapons... but I have yet to get anything with the locked skill. Do they have to have their L3s after all or maybe, do they have to be on a certain level?

Also a little confused about Legendary. I get that they make weaker weapons have a base of 300, effectively making them L3 weapons, but what if the weapon is already a L3?

Heh, loving Santa Ganondorf. :D

Question about the Evil Trio. I read that having the Legendary skill can be useful so you can bypass needing their advanced weapons... but I have yet to get anything with the locked skill. Do they have to have their L3s after all or maybe, do they have to be on a certain level?

No clue about this. I got the DLC and their L3 weapons already and I don't remember if I got any weapon with the 25k skill before that. :/

Also a little confused about Legendary. I get that they make weaker weapons have a base of 300, effectively making them L3 weapons, but what if the weapon is already a L3?

This I can answer. On a L3 weapon the attack power increase of Legendary is a measly 20 points, since their base attack is 280 (not 300).

This I can answer. On a L3 weapon the attack power increase of Legendary is a measly 20 points, since their base attack is 280 (not 300).

Ah okay, I got it now. I remember seeing Starwolf's post about it being a really meager increase that wasn't really worth it, but I still didn't get what it actually did, thanks.

shaowebb

b43.png

The going theory for these alts is that they are color schemes based off of bosses. Link's is Ganon, Zelda is Argarock, Cia is Manhandla, Lana is King Dodongo and Ganondorf's is the scariest beast of them all...CUCCO.

Lyndzei

Neo Member
I remember getting a rank 1 weapon with Legendary for Volga very early. It was way before unlocking the higher ranks, I even wonder if I played with him before getting it since I was still playing the first adventure map when they became playable.

MrDaravon

Coming back to the game after a bit of a break; outside of the rupee glitch (which I'm not going to do, or at least not right now) is the best way to grind XP still the bottom-left map on Master Quest? If so, what's the trick to doing this one? I'm seeing people say you should clear around 8 or so levels a go, but I'm only getting about 5. Are people ignoring the giant bosses? If not, what's the trick there? The dragon is easy to take out, but the plants are a bitch, even if you're using your spirit attack to expose their weak point gauge immediately. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not, especially since I'm seeing people say they can do this map at very low levels.

r3n4ud

Just bought the game from Amazon. Don't know much at all about the game, but it looks great! Have a month vacation coming up, so will be able to put quite a bit of time into it.

McNum

Is there a checklist somewhere of all the base game weapon and character unlocks? Got the season pass, the secret Boss Pack character pushed me over the "Ok, I'll get it now" threshold, but now I look at the character select screen and there's sure a lot of ?s there... I should fix that.

And get reacquainted with the controls. Been mainly playing Smash for a few months on my Wii U.

Is there a checklist somewhere of all the base game weapon and character unlocks? Got the season pass, the secret Boss Pack character pushed me over the "Ok, I'll get it now" threshold, but now I look at the character select screen and there's sure a lot of ?s there... I should fix that.

And get reacquainted with the controls. Been mainly playing Smash for a few months on my Wii U.
All the ? slots unlocks are in the first adventure map on clearly indicated stages.

McNum

All the ? slots unlocks are in the first adventure map on clearly indicated stages.
And I suppose the weapons are "Clear the Adventure Mode map, and look up the Legend Mode ones in a FAQ".

I gave Cia's story a spin, she's a somewhat strange character. I suppose press Heavy alone boosts her everything for a short time? Like a weaker Magic Gauge trigger? I tried combining those two, of course. That sure did a lot of damage to the enemy captains.

Of course, the next one there recommends Wizzro. If Cia was odd... yeah he's the quirky one of the group, isn't he?

EDIT: turns out, no. Wizzro is dead simple to play. Pew, pew, pew. If group, hit Heavy now, if single foe, keep shooting.

I still don't quite get Cia, though. She does hit pretty hard, and the summon Dark Links move is neat, but I'm not sure it's her go-to move for... anything.

And I suppose the weapons are "Clear the Adventure Mode map, and look up the Legend Mode ones in a FAQ".

I gave Cia's story a spin, she's a somewhat strange character. I suppose press Heavy alone boosts her everything for a short time? Like a weaker Magic Gauge trigger? I tried combining those two, of course. That sure did a lot of damage to the enemy captains.

Of course, the next one there recommends Wizzro. If Cia was odd... yeah he's the quirky one of the group, isn't he?

EDIT: turns out, no. Wizzro is dead simple to play. Pew, pew, pew. If group, hit Heavy now, if single foe, keep shooting.

I still don't quite get Cia, though. She does hit pretty hard, and the summon Dark Links move is neat, but I'm not sure it's her go-to move for... anything.

Are you kidding? Cia's C2 and C3 are great. Stomping your foot on the ground while clearing out everything around you feel pretty awesome. And her C1 isn't a magic gauge trigger, it adds darkness element to her moveset.

I have a few questions about Adventure Mode,

I started up the Termina map and got absolutely destroyed on the very first stage (destroy 400 enemies before the Dark version of you does). I get killed my the Dark character almost immediately.

I used a level 17 Impa; is this map aimed at higher-level characters, since it's DLC that came out well after the game's release? If so, is there a a way of seeing what level is recommended for stages in Challenge mode? Or am I simply playing that particular stage wrong? It seems I get stomped whether I try to attack the Dark character head on or ignore them.

Also, does anybody know of any clear guides/description of the rules of Adventure Mode? I get the gist of it, but a few things, such as the unlock system, are a bit unclear.

Oh, and is there an easy way of knowing how many kills are required for an A-rank? Ranking you on time taken and kills achieved is counter intuitive if it doesn't provide targets, as you have no idea as to how long you should hang back and rack up kills.

I just remembered; where do I access the Boss Challenge mode? Does it not unlock until Legend Mode is complete? I don't mind if that's the case, but I'm just wondering why I don't see it when I have the Hero of Hyrule pack.

NeonZ

I used a level 17 Impa; is this map aimed at higher-level characters, since it's DLC that came out well after the game's release? If so, is there a a way of seeing what level is recommended for stages in Challenge mode? Or am I simply playing that particular stage wrong? It seems I get stomped whether I try to attack the Dark character head on or ignore them.
There's no way to see the recommended level, but, yes, both the Twilight Princess and Majora Masks are designed for extremely high level characters.

Oh, and is there an easy way of knowing how many kills are required for an A-rank? Ranking you on time taken and kills achieved is counter intuitive if it doesn't provide targets, as you have no idea as to how long you should hang back and rack up kills.

1200 KOs for A ranking, less than 4000 damage, less than 15 minutes for time. The map types without a full open map with bases and such don't have a KO ranking though. Some of those also have small time rankings, although I can't remember what it was.

I just remembered; where do I access the Boss Challenge mode? Does it not unlock until Legend Mode is complete? I don't mind if that's the case, but I'm just wondering why I don't see it when I have the Hero of Hyrule pack.
It's not out yet in NA. Maybe that's it? If you're from Europe, then maybe you really need to finish the Legend mode in order to unlock it.

I started up the Termina map and got absolutely destroyed on the very first stage (destroy 400 enemies before the Dark version of you does). I get killed my the Dark character almost immediately.

Also, does anybody know of any clear guides/description of the rules of Adventure Mode? I get the gist of it, but a few things, such as the unlock system, are a bit unclear.

Nothing about levels for adventure maps. Just keep in mind that the level cap has been raised multiple times in the course of this game's existence and the new adventure maps are designed with that in mind. Just focus on the default map for now and move on to the others when you have completed the map and gotten all the Tier 3 weapons. You'll have leveled up a lot by then and learned how to use the characters.

I'm not sure what you mean by unlock system. Do you mean how to get rewards for completing a mission on the map? If the reward is a question mark and has the comment "Requires search", you must use an item card on a space in that map to reveal the reward. Using a Compass will make the spot you need to interact with sparkle, but using a map from the original Zelda will make it easier to know what bushes to burn, statues to push, and walls to bomb. After the reward has been revealed, you must complete the mission to acquire it, usually with an A Rank.

A Rank requirements are very consistent, but you must clear all of them to get the overall rank.

Time: Less than 15 Minutes
KOs: At least 1200
Damage Taken: Less than 4000 (often less than 8000)

These apply to all maps where you can capture keeps like a standard mission. Themed missions such as defeating bosses or racking up KO counts only care about damage.

There's no way to see the recommended level, but, yes, both the Twilight Princess and Majora Masks are designed for extremely high level characters.

1200 KOs for A ranking, less than 4000 damage, less than 15 minutes for time. The map types without a full open map with bases and such don't have a KO ranking though. Some of those also have small time rankings, although I can't remember what it was.

It's not out yet in NA. Maybe that's it? If you're from Europe, then maybe you really need to finish the Legend mode in order to unlock it.

Thank you! Though how many hearts is 4000 damage? And I assume that grabbing hearts/healing doesn't "undo" damage incurred?

And I live in the UK. Although I downloaded the Hero of Hyrule Pack about 2 weeks ago. Actually, come to think of it, Boss Rush wasn't out then. Does anybody know if the packs download automatically when released, or do you need to go to the e-Shop and download them individually (for free, obviously) when released?

Bladelaw

Thank you! Though how many hearts is 4000 damage? And I assume that grabbing hearts/healing doesn't "undo" damage incurred?

And I live in the UK. Although I downloaded the Hero of Hyrule Pack about 2 weeks ago. Actually, come to think of it, Boss Rush wasn't out then. Does anybody know if the packs download automatically when released, or do you need to go to the e-Shop and download them individually (for free, obviously) when released?

1 heart = 400 damage so 10 hearts is 4000 damage

A good way to tell you're in the right level range is when enemies don't curbstomp you. If you can kill a keep boos or outpost captain in one basic combo you're fine. Less than that and you're going to have a tough time.

My progress getting all the level 3 weapons has hit that special point where I'm dealing with characters that haven't seen action and for me aren't terribly fun to play (Agitha and Zant). This is where I would love to be able to trigger the rupee glitch but I haven't had any luck pulling it off.

NEO0MJ

Need help with an adventure mode level. It's the one where you're in the cavern and have to KO 700 enemies in 10 minutes. The plant boss that keeps spawning is super annoying though and I always run out of time with less than 50 enemies left.

McNum

Are you kidding? Cia's C2 and C3 are great. Stomping your foot on the ground while clearing out everything around you feel pretty awesome. And her C1 isn't a magic gauge trigger, it adds darkness element to her moveset.
C2 and C3? Um... what? There's no C button on the controller. I use the Legend of Zelda style controls. B is light, Y is heavy, X is special move.

Her light attack combo does end up juggling single targets unless they block it, so that's pretty useful, even if they go completely offscreen rather fast.

C2 and C3? Um... what? There's no C button on the controller. I use the Legend of Zelda style controls. B is light, Y is heavy, X is special move.

Her light attack combo does end up juggling single targets unless they block it, so that's pretty useful, even if they go completely offscreen rather fast.

Lol, first time in this thread (or any Warriors thread)? In your case:

C1 = Y
C2 = B Y
C3 = B B Y

The reason everyone uses the C-terminology (C stands for charge) is because it makes posts less cluttered, more understandable and also because some people pick Zelda-style controls; this way we can speak with each other without having to type everything twice because of the two different control schemes.

By the way guys, if HW2 happens and I'm still around, I'll make a way better and much bigger OP where I explain all of this as well as the small things like auto-picking items, instant running and every other common question.

McNum

Lol, first time in this thread (or any Warriors thread)? In your case:

C1 = Y
C2 = B Y
C3 = B B Y

The reason everyone uses the C-terminology (C stands for charge) is because it makes posts less cluttered, more understandable and also because some people pick Zelda-style controls; this way we can speak with each other without having to type everything twice because of the two different control schemes.

By the way guys, if HW2 happens and I'm still around, I'll make a way better and much bigger OP where I explain all of this as well as the small things like auto-picking items, instant running and every other common question.
Well that's going to mess with my mind a bit since I'd count the basic Heavy as C0. The Dark Link summon on Cia is firmly entrenched as "3" in my mind. Hit three times, then do the thing.

What's the terminology for a combo that uses the Heavy attack, then? Like Cia's... C2? That's Light, Heavy, Heavy, Heavy for all three stomps.

I'm not entirely sure what her C3 is, if C4 is Links and C5 is "Hey, I'm standing still over here, come hit me!" then what's C3?

Bladelaw

Need help with an adventure mode level. It's the one where you're in the cavern and have to KO 700 enemies in 10 minutes. The plant boss that keeps spawning is super annoying though and I always run out of time with less than 50 enemies left.

Unless you can kill it quickly it's best to avoid the giant bosses on those levels. Focus on the Transport captain groups, and the generals, again if you can take them out quickly. I don't remember if that one is character restricted but if it is choose someone with good area clear (Summoning Gate Lana, Gauntlet Link, Ganondorf) and go to town.

Coming back to the game after a bit of a break; outside of the rupee glitch (which I'm not going to do, or at least not right now) is the best way to grind XP still the bottom-left map on Master Quest? If so, what's the trick to doing this one? I'm seeing people say you should clear around 8 or so levels a go, but I'm only getting about 5. Are people ignoring the giant bosses? If not, what's the trick there? The dragon is easy to take out, but the plants are a bitch, even if you're using your spirit attack to expose their weak point gauge immediately. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not, especially since I'm seeing people say they can do this map at very low levels.

Kill everything on the map with an Exp potion. Manhandla is quite easy if you know how to... handle (sorry) it. Shameless self-quote:
For Manhandla, stay at mid range with your shield/lock up. It completely negates its most dangerous move, the seed machinegun. If the heads form a square it's going to do that; block it and try to mash boomerang to hit as may heads as possible. If they form a line it's going to do the bite attack but it takes ages and you can hit all four heads easily with a single boomerang throw. At that range you should be safe from all its other attacks (dodge backwards the spinning top attack). A single Manhandla is quite easy but two can be a nightmare.
That said, you should already be around 40 to do this easily.

Don't even touch Termina until level 50 minimum, 100 preferably (especially for the latter squares). Do the Adventure maps in order, the first one is the only one with unlockable characters and most unlockable weapons anyway (Cia, Volga and Wizzro's 2nd and 3rd are in the Master Quest map).

Kills are always 1200 for A, unless you're not ranked on kills (ex. "Kill 500 enemies" maps). Time is always 15 mins, and damage is either 4000 (10 hearts) or 10000 (25 hearts) depending on the zone (yeah, that one is kind of a bitch not to know; it's 10000 on the Death Mountain area of the 8 bit map, roughly).

Boss Challenge, including Ganon mode, is under "Challenges", not Adventure. All the above refers to adventure, which you did call "challenge" in your post: there's a separate, actual "challenge" mode without maps, just menus.

C2 means B,Y and C3 means B,B,Y, and so on (the number means when you press Y). Her C2 can be extended by pressing strong attack two more times, sending out three waves total (B, Y, Y, Y); it's an amazing crowd-clearer.

Well that's going to mess with my mind a bit since I'd count the basic Heavy as C0. The Dark Link summon on Cia is firmly entrenched as "3" in my mind. Hit three times, then do the thing.

What's the terminology for a combo that uses the Heavy attack, then? Like Cia's... C2? That's Light, Heavy, Heavy, Heavy for all three stomps.

I'm not entirely sure what her C3 is, if C4 is Links and C5 is "Hey, I'm standing still over here, come hit me!" then what's C3?

I have no idea what you're second paragraph is saying, and as for the third, it's been so long since I played that I really don't remember what her C3 is, other than that everyone on GAF said it was awesome. Why not just try it yourself?

McNum

I have no idea what you're second paragraph is saying, and as for the third, it's been so long since I played that I really don't remember what her C3 is, other than that everyone on GAF said it was awesome. Why not just try it yourself?
I'm saying that her foot stomp combo combos on HEAVY not on Light. One Light attack followed by one Heavy attack starts the combo. Two more Heavy attacks ends it. If C2 is "B,Y" in Zelda style it means she stomps once. What's the term for stomping three times? That is, what's "B, Y, Y, Y" called?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm saying that her foot stomp combo combos on HEAVY not on Light. One Light attack followed by one Heavy attack starts the combo. Two more Heavy attacks ends it. If C2 is "B,Y" in Zelda style it means she stomps once. What's the term for stomping three times? That is, what's "B, Y, Y, Y" called?

The entire move is still referred to as C2.

The C just refers to at which point a strong/charge attack is used.

Think of it as a universal name for special moves

McNum

The entire move is still referred to as C2.
Then what's stomping once called? "C2, but only pressing heavy once?"

I'm trying to understand this thing... it doesn't make sense to me if it can't tell the difference between different variants of the same move.

Haha, jesus man, you're thinking way too much into it. Look, C2 means one light attack and then you do the heavy attack(s). Sometimes you can press the heavy attack multiple times, sometimes you hold it, whatever. When you're in combat, you can pause the game and navigate the menu to see if that combo can be expanded upon. When I say "use C2", I'm not here to teach you HOW to use C2. The game does that. There's no reason to make things complicated.

C2 does NOT mean: one light attack and ONE heavy attack. It means: one light attack, and then you end the string of light attacks with heavy attack(s).

Lol, if this isn't a joke then I'm rather impressed.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

I'm trying to understand this thing... it doesn't make sense to me if it can't tell the difference between different variants of the same move.

Unless stated otherwise it always means the full thing. You are thinking about it too hard

McNum

I'm not joking, although that was a bit of a comedic exaggeration. The whole system just makes my mind go tilt since it counts differently than I do when playing. It counts the heavy activation button as part of the count, but I don't.

You know, "Light, Light, Light, Heavy." 3 Lights, 1 Heavy. In my mind that's Combo 3. And yet it's written as C4? Or just neutral Heavy. Why is that even called a combo? It's one button.

Does this come from anywhere in one of the games? It just seems so arbitrary to me.

Ah well, I'll just make a note to subtract one every time I see a C notation.

You can also create a potion that makes your sub-weapons permanently powered-up for the whole level. The KO missions are way easier when you can throw lots of big bombs.

Bladelaw

I'm not joking, although that was a bit of a comedic exaggeration. The whole system just makes my mind go tilt since it counts differently than I do when playing. It counts the heavy activation button as part of the count, but I don't.

You know, "Light, Light, Light, Heavy." 3 Lights, 1 Heavy. In my mind that's Combo 3. And yet it's written as C4? Or just neutral Heavy. Why is that even called a combo? It's one button.

Does this come from anywhere in one of the games? It just seems so arbitrary to me.

It's just what the "Warriors" community agreed upon for ease of description. It's like in fighting games seeing QCF notation is for Quarter Circle Forward. I can understand not agreeing with it but to ease discussion a standard was needed, it just happened to be this one.

Again, C stands for charge and not combo.

I didn't agree with what you said earlier, but I too count the same way you do, however you must understand that it doesn't work that way when discussing on forums. C1 being just heavy attack makes sense, otherwise we're back to square one with confusion. This isn't rocket science, man.

McNum

It's just what the "Warriors" community agreed upon for ease of description. It's like in fighting games seeing QCF notation is for Quarter Circle Forward. I can understand not agreeing with it but to ease discussion a standard was needed, it just happened to be this one.
Well, I've learned both Street Fighter and Soul Calibur notations and those don't get much more different. Actually, going from Tekken to Soul Calibur is the worst. 4 is a kick in Tekken, but "hold backwards" in SC.

I didn't agree with what you said earlier, but I too count the same way you do, however you must understand that it doesn't work that way when discussing on forums. C1 being just heavy attack makes sense, otherwise we're back to square one with confusion. This isn't rocket science, man.
Charge? ...you know what, fine. I have no idea where charge even comes from as part of the game's own terminology, but fine. As I said, I'll just subtract by one to get the move I want. C4 is three lights and a heavy.

Is there any other terms to watch out for? Are the super moves called anything tricky?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

C doesn't stand for combo. It mean charge.

Strong attack is called charge in some games

Charge? ...you know what, fine. I have no idea where charge even comes from as part of the game's own terminology, but fine. As I said, I'll just subtract by one to get the move I want. C4 is three lights and a heavy.

Is there any other terms to watch out for? Are the super moves called anything tricky?

Yes, special moves are called TP3Z if they attack enemies in front of you and TP3L if they attack enemies all around you. On that note, the dash/dodge button is called DDR, activating a weak point smash is called RDR and defeating Ganon is called Super Mario Galaxy.

No. Calm down, dude.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
With a lot of characters it's kind of hard to tell how many times you've hit the button cause they do so many fancy things with each tap, so I've stopped paying attention to the actual "number" for the combos I want to do the most, and just pay attention to animations. For example, I know it's time to hit X for Darunia's big firey rock-throw combo when he does a stomp on the ground with one foot. Midna too, I hit X after she hand-slaps the ground, to kick off her running slap attack. Until I see those indicators I just mash Y without much thought. Some people it's easier to count the number of times I hit Y, Zelda's rapier I do that with cause she does a lot of little movements that are harder to track visually, but a lot of the time I'll just watch those animations.

McNum

C doesn't stand for combo. It mean charge.

Strong attack is called charge in some games
Ah. So that's where it comes from. C4. "Hit Charge as the fourth." That makes sense.

Yes, special moves are called TP3Z if they attack enemies in front of you and TP3L if they attack enemies all around you. On that note, the dash/dodge button is called DDR, activating a weak point smash is called RDR and defeating Ganon is called Super Mario Galaxy.

No. Calm down, dude.
Well, you never know. I thought they might have been Musou attacks, or how you spell that. Giving it a 50/50 chance of it actually being called that in the Japanese version

With a lot of characters it's kind of hard to tell how many times you've hit the button cause they do so many fancy things with each tap, so I've stopped paying attention to the actual "number" for the combos I want to do the most, and just pay attention to animations. For example, I know it's time to hit X for Darunia's big firey rock-throw combo when he does a stomp on the ground with one foot. Midna too, I hit X after she hand-slaps the ground, to kick off her running slap attack. Until I see those indicators I just mash Y without much thought. Some people it's easier to count the number of times I hit Y, Zelda's rapier I do that with cause she does a lot of little movements that are harder to track visually, but a lot of the time I'll just watch those animations.

Yeah, absolutely. When I'm accustomed to a character I do that too.

Well, you never know. I thought they might have been Musou attacks, or how you spell that. Giving it a 50/50 chance of it actually being called that in the Japanese version

Don't worry, I think we know what you're talking about regardless if you say special attack or musou attack. You can call it super attack too. We'll know :)

NEO0MJ

Unless you can kill it quickly it's best to avoid the giant bosses on those levels. Focus on the Transport captain groups, and the generals, again if you can take them out quickly. I don't remember if that one is character restricted but if it is choose someone with good area clear (Summoning Gate Lana, Gauntlet Link, Ganondorf) and go to town.

You can also create a potion that makes your sub-weapons permanently powered-up for the whole level. The KO missions are way easier when you can throw lots of big bombs.

Thanks, will try that next time.

McNum

Well, I got the answer I was looking for. I would never have guessed it was Charge 4 if you hadn't explained it.

Sometimes, terminology on long running series can be pretty confusing for a newcomer. Like the DP notation for Street Fighter. Short for "Shoryuken" references the moves needed to pull off a Shoryuken. Forward, Down, Down-forward. Shown as Z in the games. I mean... seriously?

Ah well, less terminology explanations, more 1 vs 2000 fights with over the top moves and frantic running around because everyone else on my side can't be trusted to tie their own shoes, let alone anything strategically important.

"LINK! DO EVERYTHING!"

Well, I got the answer I was looking for. I would never have guessed it was Charge 4 if you hadn't explained it.

Sometimes, terminology on long running series can be pretty confusing for a newcomer. Like the DP notation for Street Fighter. Short for "Shoryuken" references the moves needed to pull off a Shoryuken. Forward, Down, Down-forward. Shown as Z in the games. I mean... seriously?

Ah well, less terminology explanations, more 1 vs 2000 fights with over the top moves and frantic running around because everyone else on my side can't be trusted to tie their own shoes, let alone anything strategically important.

"LINK! DO EVERYTHING!"

Dude, I'm also kind of a newcomer and it's literally ONE term. I don't know why you're treating this as rocket science.

In any case, if you have any more questions, don't worry; we'll help! Just stop worrying and making everything a thousand times more complex than it is.

Based on that Cucco skin, Smash's Oldmandorf looks just as ridiculous in this game as I had assumed he would.

I guess it's just the TP design that works great with white hair. Every other Ganondorf looks silly with white hair.

Sagitario

I got to a dead end while playing the Termina map:
To advance I need goron masks, the only squares that give goron masks need zora masks to make enemies appear, and the ones that give zora masks need goron masks to unlock the ability to play them.

So, I guess I'm screwed and I have to reset the map :|

I'm not enjoying this map at all (and it probably has to do with the +300 hours played and still feeling underleveled for most characters).

I got to a dead end while playing the Termina map:
To advance I need goron masks, the only squares that give goron masks need zora masks to make enemies appear, and the ones that give zora masks need goron masks to unlock the ability to play them.

So, I guess I'm screwed and I have to reset the map :|

I'm not enjoying this map at all (and it probably has to do with the +300 hours played and still feeling underleveled for most characters).
Make the out of the way Goron mask in Snowhead respwan by playing levels adjacent to it. Resetting time doesn't guarantee item respwan then use that mask to get the two Zora Masks in great bay. This really is the most linear adventure map yet as without doing those two steps you are getting nowhere.

I think there might be a damage cap on Termina and very defensive enemies so leveling won't help. I watched a video using a level 150 Zelda (here) and the specials seem to be doing the same damage as mine vs. the enemy officers yet my Zelda is a much lower level which point towards damage cap, sadly.

So I guess it would be the case that Twilgiht map enemies do too much damage which isn't fun while in Termina they take too little which also isn't fun (great, 12 WPS to beat Manhandla...).

Mind blown. Especially because in Spanish, the weapon skills that enhance damage for these attacks are called "Combo 2" to "Combo 6" (yes, with arabic numbers). I always assumed that's what they were called in English too, until I searched for them right now: "Strength II" (roman numbers). Weirdest part? Combo is an English word, but not a Spanish word (at least not until we loaned it for fighting games in the late 90s).

Top Bottom