• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am back my brothers, sisters and cucks, and have defeated COVID-19.

DESTROYA

Karma gets us all it seems, and I got what I deserved brother, I wouldn't wish this on anyone so my sincerest apologies for taking the piss and being so selfish!

I'm a better person now for it, and won't be so cuntish in the future, hope you and your loved ones all stay safe!
Apologies accepted bro!
Like I posted above I’m glad you and your family are doing better, quick question did the doctors looking after you say you build up some sort of immunity to it?

DonJorginho

Banned
Apologies accepted bro!
Like I posted above I’m glad you and your family are doing better, quick question did the doctors looking after you say you build up some sort of immunity to it?

They didn't look after me brother! It was my dad! And he did grow some immunity in hospital and was also helped by a respirator.

And if you're talking about warding off the virus yes you do build immunity, but noone knows how long that immunity lasts so I'm gonna keep safe still!

DonJorginho

Banned
A corona survivor on GAF.

Please enjoy the butt and Tit thread as you return to the land of the living.

We need more stories of the people making it through this to balance out all the horrors we are reading about.

Thank you man it means a lot, I am going to snuggle into that thread and the console wars like no tomorrow!

And I second that! We need good stories.

I do wish you, your loved ones and everyone here safety though! 💙

ChuyMasta

First of all, even though I don't know you, it's great to know you are better. Thank you for sharing your experiences as, believe it or not, reading through this thread relaxed me a little bit.

Having said that, I'm still stressed as I have developed a mild chest pain and basically non existant coughing. No fever or shortness of breath....yet.

I justify my "symptoms" because of the cold weather and snow we had recently. I did go out and took out the thrash while barefoot. The driveway was really cold.

The chest pain I justify it from some exercises I've done recently.

Ever since I was a kid I was/am a worrisome type. So I am also hoping my symptoms are due to stress.

Anyway, I don't know where I'm going with this. Glad you made it, worried I'm about to start my journey through this virus.

Questions, how come you didn't seek hospitalization? Did you take any medicines?

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
First of all, even though I don't know you, it's great to know you are better. Thank you for sharing your experiences as, believe it or not, reading through this thread relaxed me a little bit.

Having said that, I'm still stressed as I have developed a mild chest pain and basically non existant coughing. No fever or shortness of breath....yet.

I justify my "symptoms" because of the cold weather and snow we had recently. I did go out and took out the thrash while barefoot. The driveway was really cold.

The chest pain I justify it from some exercises I've done recently.

Ever since I was a kid I was/am a worrisome type. So I am also hoping my symptoms are due to stress.

Anyway, I don't know where I'm going with this. Glad you made it, worried I'm about to start my journey through this virus.

Questions, how come you didn't seek hospitalization? Did you take any medicines?

Hey man thank you for the kind words, it means an awful lot.

And I think you're having a psychosomatic episode man, I was feeling like for weeks I had the virus due to stress, and the more you stress the more vulnerable you actually leave yourself to getting the virus! So as hard as it may sound, it's better to keep calm, keep safe and keep your mind as positive and healthy as possible.

I never hospitalised as despite how shit I felt, I never got to the point where I needed medical aid, I was on the verge a lot believe me, but I'd keep picking myself back up and managed to fight it naturally.

I took Paracetamol, as Ibuprofen makes the virus worse I stuck to certain vitamins like the vitamin C tablets you put in water, and I kept a healthy diet and drank as much as I could toward 4 litres of water a day.

I also restricted my movement as much as possible to hold off my breathlessness, I could perfectly lay in bed and manage to have a drink or a bite to eat from certain positions to take strain off me.

My Dad wasn't so lucky and he got it worse due to his poor immune system, I consider myself to have a good immune system which was why I didn't get to his stage but he had to be hospitalised from it, and obviously none of us were allowed to come so it was a nervous few days, luckily he didn't stay in too long and made a full recovery, I hate to say it but it really is a Roulette once you get it to whether you pull through or get pulled under by it.

My advice would be to be as paranoid as possible around people and outside if you need to go out, but to not over stress yourself man, I hope you and your loved ones all stay safe during these times 💙

I literally thought about you yesterday, since I noticed I haven't seen you around here for a while, and remembering that you wrote you might have gotten that shit. Worried a bit, and even thought about creating a thread about it (which I seldom do) .

(no homo)

Great to hear you are back and healthy again, mate..

DonJorginho

Banned
I literally thought about you yesterday, since I noticed I haven't seen you around here for a while, and remembering that you wrote you might have gotten that shit. Worried a bit, and even thought about creating a thread about it (which I seldom do) .

(no homo)

Great to hear you are back and healthy again, mate..

That's really kind of you brother and it means a lot so thank you dearly! It was truly terrifying how the virus progressed from me feeling a little bad to feeling okay to feeling like death but I'm thankful me and my family are all okay.

I hope you and your loved ones all stay safe during these times mate!

Awesome. Great to hear that you and your fam beat this thing!
X7olb2X.jpg

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
Thank you my friend, hope you're staying safe!

It was really strange tbh, I felt really bad initially and had a bad fever and cough aswell as feeling breathless, but for half a week it gradually got better.

But after that, man oh man did I go to shit, my Dad was struggling to eat due to lack of breath, and I went from feeling kinda breathless walking up the stairs to having to stop each individual step, it literally felt like someone was sitting on my chest all the time.

The dry heave became a phlegmy mess and I got the sweats, to the point where I had to change beddings daily or sleep on the floor.

In this time my dad was taken to the hospital where we weren't allowed to see him. I was terrified for him, and there were times where he required a respirator according to the nurses.

But eventually he was sent back home after making a full recovery, my Mum had some struggles breathing but dealt with it okay thankfully.

So yeah, not fun, but the main thing is that I beat it, my fat ass beat it.
I've only bee back on GAF for a couple of weeks..

But I have gotta say, this was great to read! I'm chuffed to bits for you and your family mate! Fuck COVID-19

Cutty Flam

Banned
Glad to hear you recovered man, this COVID19 is really no joking matter, I finally see to which the extent of this virus will go

Got some questions bro:

1) When during your flu did you decide to get tested for COVID19, to rule it out?

2) Being extremely honest with yourself, how fit and healthy of a life do you lead? Any conditions that you have that might affect the severity in which COVID19 attacks your body?

3) Did you at anytime doubt your ability to survive this flu? Like were there moments where you panicked and had thoughts in which you questioned if you were going to make it out alive? Was the virus’s affect on your lungs severe enough to where you though, this virus is powerful, I’m in a real struggle between life and death with this one? Or was it just an extremely bad flu to you? What worries me the most is you saying that each step up stairs made you feel as if you had to stop. Very alarming stuff bro

What do you think helped the most during your recovery? Is this a virus where you can sleep it off in time, or would it be a losing battle without vegetables, water, soup, maybe natural medicines, and a ton of water? Just wondering because the flu I always just played it by ear. But this corona virus might actually call for everything you can throw at based off your symptoms, right?

Thanks for your time man, just trying to gauge this pandemic and the virus itself

Leyasu

Banned
Thank you brother it means a lot! Hope you and your loved ones stay safe.
Thanks mate. Although I am from the UK, I live in France.

I took my kids out of school in february (it was obvious where this was going to go), and my partner is a teacher, I am working from home, so we are all together.

I have to take extra precautions as the frontier is closed, and my partners family are spread all over France. If me and partner fall ill and need the hospital, who will look after my kids?

For everyone that reads this, stay safe fuckers! Keep your distance!

Luckily we have had a stock of masks and gloves for the last few years. I go shopping wearing a mask, and remove my gloves when finishing before getting in my car, I also use gel too. You cannot be too cautious at the moment.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Dunno who you are OP but congrats on being back.

I'm headin out to take a drive-thru test in a bit. No symptoms, but just curious.

DonJorginho

Banned
Glad to hear you recovered man, this COVID19 is really no joking matter, I finally see to which the extent of this virus will go

Got some questions bro:

1) When during your flu did you decide to get tested for COVID19, to rule it out?

2) Being extremely honest with yourself, how fit and healthy of a life do you lead? Any conditions that you have that might affect the severity in which COVID19 attacks your body?

3) Did you at anytime doubt your ability to survive this flu? Like were there moments where you panicked and had thoughts in which you questioned if you were going to make it out alive? Was the virus’s affect on your lungs severe enough to where you though, this virus is powerful, I’m in a real struggle between life and death with this one? Or was it just an extremely bad flu to you? What worries me the most is you saying that each step up stairs made you feel as if you had to stop. Very alarming stuff bro

What do you think helped the most during your recovery? Is this a virus where you can sleep it off in time, or would it be a losing battle without vegetables, water, soup, maybe natural medicines, and a ton of water? Just wondering because the flu I always just played it by ear. But this corona virus might actually call for everything you can throw at based off your symptoms, right?

Thanks for your time man, just trying to gauge this pandemic and the virus itself

Hey man:

Firstly, I never personally tested myself, as the doctor's didn't want me in just in case I was a risk.

I only found out that I definitely had it once my whole family got ill and my father had to be hospitalised and he was tested positive during his time, so the doctor's said it confirmed that we as a household had the virus.

Secondly, I am a big guy, I've always been big structurally but I do love my food and drink and despite me doing exercise quite regularly, I still have a spare tyre on me which affects my health obviously, take into effect I also smoke weed regularly and that all adds up so I wasn't in my prime condition to fight it.

Thirdly yes. I doubted my ability to fight the virus multiple times, and when my dad was hospitalised the stress and the illness together made myself feel ten times worse, it felt like at times that I had someone sitting on my lungs and cutting off all my air, and any breaths I'd make were laboured and painful. But whenever I felt at my lowest I'd stock up on water and sleep, the sweats were a pain but the virus rendered me bed bound for a vast majority of the time.

And lastly man, I'd say everything is needed but at the right time.

Don't take paracetamols until you need them, don't take vitamins daily but stagger them every day, eat plenty of fruit and veg and drink plenty of water.

My biggest rule is not to take ibuprofen, luckily none of my family did so but friends I know have been hospitalised by taking it when they've been perfectly healthy.

Soup is an essential meal, and due to just how tired I felt, anything that needed chewing actually tired me down, so I had to cut fruit and veg down to it's minimum and eat a lot of wet foods like soup.

The most important thing is just to keep wary of what's around you so you don't risk yourself getting it, and just to make you aware my virus episode lasted 3 weeks, it was longer than the expected 14 days and doctor's have said that more and more people are having this form of the virus.

One week symptomless/very mild symptoms, one week heavy symptoms followed by recovering by end of week two, then a final week with very severe symptoms.

This means that we need to keep extra safe and be extra considerate in self isolation.

I hope you and your loved ones stay safe and I hope I did a good enough job answering your questions man, it's 2:30am here so I'm half asleep writing this! ❤️

Top Bottom