• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I cannot forgive you America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuvoc

I agree. That's bullshit. That's why I hate that movie.

If they hooked up. It'd be one of my favorites.

border

Are you sure this is true? I didn't think Hollwood really had an extensive test audience/focus group system back then.

I never really minded the ending. I thought the film made it abundantly clear that Duckie was in the closet anyway.

DCX

DCX
MrPing1000 said:
Andie was mean't to end up with Duckie, but the test audience didn't like it.

You fucking bastards.
Bastards, damned them all to hell!!!

DCX

border

So does the DVD have the alternate ending, or at least evidence (in commentaries) of one?

Duckie was not hetero....a poor match for the Ringwald character. His fashion sense was that of a 1980's Oscar Wilde...

duckiebw.jpg

pink2.jpg

While finding these pictures, I stumbled across an interesting thing I hadn't ever heard. Did you know all those John Hughes movies are supposed to take place in the same town? And all the kids go to the same high school? Ferris Bueller is a classmate to all the kids in The Breakfast Club. Presumably they also went to school with the Griswold kids (National Lampoon's vacation) and the dudes from Weird Science. Which is a little strange, since it means that the city is full of clones and the school principal is some sort of shape-shifting alien...

Well, Hollywood made up for it in that stupid movie "Some Kind of Wonderful" where the bestfriend 'poor' person ends up with the main character instead of the 'rich' person. Only thing was that the genders were changed so that the main character was a guy instead of a girl and both romantic interests were girls instead of guys. Ah, 80s movies where it was cool to have the same premise in like a hundred different movies (well, guess things haven't changed that much). Just remembered where they had like a dozen clones of "Big" (or some variation of where two people have to switch bodies).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom