• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I can't wait any longer. The 24 Season 4 Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Incognito said:
color me confused at the title of the show. it's a bit misleading, no?

"24"

each show is 42 minutes long, times that by 24, and you come out with 1008 minutes. divide that by 60, and you're left with...

...16.8 hours.

:(

If you watch the clock as it comes back from each commercial you'll see that time is actually still moving so that each show in tv land runs a full hour, regardless of the fact that we only see 42min of it.

BTW anybody know what the ratings were Monday night?

Ah found it:

24 faced lesser competition Monday when it rolled out two more episodes, and ticked two more hours off its always-ticking clock. The shows averaged an estimated 11.9 million, keeping pace with NBC and topping ABC.

And having the 24 gang back is not without its headaches. The Council on American-Islamic Relations is on alert over the series' portrayal of a Turkish family that has taken a keen interest in the train explosion. Members of the group are set to meet with Fox executives on Wednesday.

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,15688,00.html?tnews

Memles

DarienA said:
If you watch the clock as it comes back from each commercial you'll see that time is actually still moving so that each show in tv land runs a full hour, regardless of the fact that we only see 42min of it.

BTW anybody know what the ratings were Monday night?

Viewership wise? No. But the first episode did a 7.1, second an 8.2. 2nd both hours, I think. Admirable performance; it's whether or not it keeps it up week over week that will be the true test.

keiichi

Memles said:
The funny thing? I can't even remember how it ended. That's how much I ended up not caring by the end of it.

(from my not so perfect memory, please correct me if i'm wrong) Jack has saved the day again, the threat against the president is over. Palmer is about meeting the crowd for some reason. He is making his way towards his limo and the crowd is surrounding him, clapping and taking pictures. You see a hand stick out from the crowd and Palmer reaches for it and shakes it.
The person walks away and slowly peels a thin layer of some kind of substance from their hand. The camera pulls back and we realize that the person is actually Mandy(?) The female assassin from the very first season.
Cut back to Palmer who drops to the floor grabbing his hand which is now disfigured and shit, his aides and the secret service rush to him.
Cue 24 Timer.

I probably messed up the order of events but you should get the gist of it.

LakeEarth

keiichi said:
(from my not so perfect memory, please correct me if i'm wrong) Jack has saved the day again, the threat against the president is over. Palmer is about meeting the crowd for some reason. He is making his way towards his limo and the crowd is surrounding him, clapping and taking pictures. You see a hand stick out from the crowd and Palmer reaches for it and shakes it.
The person walks away and slowly peels a thin layer of some kind of substance from their hand. The camera pulls back and we realize that the person is actually Mandy(?) The female assassin from the very first season.
Cut back to Palmer who drops to the floor grabbing his hand which is now disfigured and shit, his aides and the secret service rush to him.
Cue 24 Timer.

I probably messed up the order of events but you should get the gist of it.

Yeah, I was real disapointed how they didn't develop that. It's just
He's alive!
and they never explain how other than medicaiton.

Memles

Oh, right! That! Wow...yeah, they kind of glossed it over way too much. Brought back
Mandy
and everything.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Rabid Wolverine said:
That was an excellent 4 hours of 24.. Much better than Season 3 so far.

Damn i didnt expect jack to give up so easily to the cops.

What's the 24 schedule.... 4 Eps every week?

Sorry man, that was just to get you hooked. 1 episode every week. No breaks until the season finale.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
AssMan said:
This show intrigues me. Jack Bauer is like Jason Bourne, but not as quick :D . Is the show always this fast paced? I mean, every second of the show is just so action packed.

Can anyone sum up the main point of the show? I know missed the last 2 seasons, but it seems like the type of show where you could get hooked at any point of the series.

Now this is a comparison I hadn't considered...Jason Bourne vs Jack Bauer vs John McClane. Who wins? Might have to start another thread for that, hmmmm.

MIMIC said:
BTW, I got 6 people in my dorm hooked on the show. :D

See, this is what people need to be doing. I got 3 people hopelessy hooked. They're actually upset they haven't been watching this earlier.

You get the Bauer Seal of Approval.

Kiefer_Sutherland_108504a.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Jack Bauer will still win against Borne and Mcclaine. Come on...Bauer has decapitated a finger, hand and head, killed countless of guys, can kill a man by using a wet towel and force a man to digest it, can knock out a guy by driving a limo around, runs faster than an elevator, survives a plane crash, killed a group of commandos, outsmarted a sniper only armed with a pistol, and he DIED AND CAME BACK ALIVE!

Plus some other shit I can't think of :D

keiichi

PuertoRicanJuice said:
You've got to be shitting me. Who could have believed Season 1's ending?

I didn't really have any emotional attachment to the character, so at the end I was like ' wow', the ending of season 2 however I was more like 'wow, holy shit. is palmer ok? holy shit. wow' I guess it was just a more suspenseful ending that had me wanting more 24 right there.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Finally got caught up on ep. 3 & 4 (go bittorrent!)

Is Debbie really dead? The son didn't take her pulse or anything...

Jack's the fricking man!! But, as someone said, he probably could've just shot out the dude's tires...or placed some sort of tracking bug on his car while the dude was in the gas station. But that would've been boring. :)

BuddyC

Pochacco said:
Is Debbie really dead? The son didn't take her pulse or anything...
I think so. You can see where things are likely to go,
as the son seems to be really pissed with the parents, probably doubting the "mission."

Memles

I have to mention this, because it pissed me off.

Brian Grazer, Executive Producer of 24, commented on the Golden Globes red carpet, that hours 2-4pm are just brilliant.

That's like weeks away, asshole! Stop hyping us for something so very far away. What a jerk.

alejob

Incognito said:
color me confused at the title of the show. it's a bit misleading, no?

"24"

each show is 42 minutes long, times that by 24, and you come out with 1008 minutes. divide that by 60, and you're left with...

...16.8 hours.

:(
A lot of times Jack will be driving aroud during the breaks.

CloudNL

Memles said:
I have to mention this, because it pissed me off.

Brian Grazer, Executive Producer of 24, commented on the Golden Globes red carpet, that hours 2-4pm are just brilliant.

That's like weeks away, asshole! Stop hyping us for something so very far away. What a jerk.

Well, that episode isn't that far away. It will air february 7th.

Wario64 said:
Seperate threads per episode please

Yeah please seperate threads!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom