• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I can't wait any longer. The 24 Season 4 Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Luscious LeftFoot said:
This whole thread is a giant spoiler.

Serious if you haven't watched tonights eps yet.. you shouldn't BE in this DISCUSSION OF TONIGHTS EP thread.

DarienA

En-ou said:
no its not. just dun post future stuff and upcoming trailer etc without spoiler-tagging them.

Umm hello that was not an upcoming trailer... it was the trailer shown LAST night as a teaser for TONIGHT'S episodes.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
WOW, secretary of OFFENSE .

Jack the Thug

Ctu full of bitches, filled to the brim, and yet they know, Jack is the fucking man, and he knows his terrorists!! :lol :lol :lol :lol

En-ou

DarienA said:
Umm hello that was not an upcoming trailer... it was the trailer shown LAST night as a teaser for TONIGHT'S episodes.
yeah, but since none of that showed, its still spoiler-tag content

DarienA

OMG you now know a useless piece of information! Kudos folks!!! The entire season has been spoiled by me!!! Damn my mouth!!!! Effzee probably how the girl died... can't say I was that surprised though we(missus and I) expected it to go down that way.... cause the boy

has no fuckin sack
OMG I spoiler tagged that!!!!

Phoenix

LakeEarth said:
I love how it seems CTU can't get anything done. It's like without Tony and Jack they're useless.

CTU used to be the uber organization but now they seem to be a refuge for people with social and family problems with poor decision making skills.

I like how Jack looked at his pistol for a second thinking he could actually take on about 12 cops surrounding him.

Phoenix said:
CTU used to be the uber organization but now they seem to be a refuge for people with social and family problems with poor decision making skills.
:lol So true. A kid who's a schizo? WTF?

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Eminem said:
i wonder where they're going with driscoll's daughter. blackmail for later in the show?

Maybe Jack intercepts the agents and holds the daughter hostage so that Driscoll won't hinder him any more. :D Then at the end, she pisses him off enough that he kills her anyway.

Kuroyume

Banned
PuertoRicanJuice said:
I like how Jack looked at his pistol for a second thinking he could actually take on about 12 cops surrounding him.

It has never stopped him before! I guess he's getting old. :)

Hollywood

Banned
Heldo. I am a tellorist mom. You drink my Kood-Aid. You vely dead.

Driscoll: Even though you were right about everything, goto jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Yeah now we see why you daughter is a psycho. I don't know who wins 'Bitch of the premiere' so far. Driscoll or Suzie Homemaker there.

And tell me the logic behind, 'Lets kill the girl, she saw it!' ... 'But what if the police go looking?' 'Well it will have already have happened, so don't worry'. Well won't the shit have gone down before she even knows or has a chance to tell what happened? And that's if she even figured out what went on, which she wouldn't. Killing her just draws more attention. WTF!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
PuertoRicanJuice said:
:lol :lol :lol

I also liked the music as usual. Hints of season one's "up the stairs " theme :D

MASB

I'm glad William Devane has such a good role in the series. I liked it when he was the father on the Early Edition TV series.

jenov4

What a great first 4 hours. I especially liked how
Jack held up that gas station and lay the smackdown on that guy he was chasing (I forget his name now) when that dude tried to spray him with the insecticide.

I'll say it again Jack Bauer > *

En-ou

jenov4 said:
What a great first 4 hours. I especially liked how
Jack held up that gas station and lay the smackdown on that guy he was chasing (I forget his name now) when that dude tried to spray him with the insecticide.

I'll say it again Jack Bauer > *
did anyone else start laughing when jack did that?

Boy is that guy going to be surprised when he finds out Jack works for the government lol

And we still don't know what was in that briefcase, or what the real plot is yet...

Ristamar

BigJonsson said:
And we still don't know what was in that briefcase, or what the real plot is yet...

Yeah, that is unusual for 24. The first three seasons each revealed the main plot point within the first hour, I believe.

Boogie

Ristamar said:
Yeah, that is unusual for 24. The first three seasons each revealed the main plot point within the first hour, I believe.

Season 1 spoiler: The ultimate, true goal was to free Drazen, which we didn't find out about until long after hour 12.

And Season 2 stopped being about the nuclear bomb half way through.

suaveric

We do know the preliminary goal: the trial. We don't know the real objective. That's how the rest of the seasons have gone so far.

Ristamar

Boogie said:
Season 1 spoiler: The ultimate, true goal was to free Drazen, which we didn't find out about until long after hour 12.

And Season 2 stopped being about the nuclear bomb half way through.

Point taken, but they still wanted Palmer dead, and made another (obviously failed) attempt on his life near the very end of the season. You're right, though, the apparent main plots have acts as a veil to disguise an underlying objective
Drazen's rescue, the fabricated war, etc.

Considering the gravity of the threats in the past seasons, Heller's kidnapping and possible execution isn't all that scary, IMO. Of course, rescuing Heller is the main objective right now, but it's obvious they're blatantly hinting at something larger in the works, but haven't given any details or hints, aside from the worm. Semantics aside, still a bit unusual.

Belfast

I always thought the suitcase was a suitcase nuke or something. Of course, they could throw a curveball, that just seems like the most logical thing to me.

Hollywood

Banned
Ristamar said:
Alright, point taken, but they still wanted Palmer dead, and made another (obviously failed) attempt on his life near the very end of the season.

Considering the gravity of the threats in the past seasons, Heller's kidnapping and possible execution isn't all that scary, IMO. Of course, rescuing Heller is the main objective right now, but it's obvious they're blatantly hinting at something larger in the works, but haven't given any details or hints, aside from the worm. Semantics aside, still a bit unusual.

That attempt happened at the end of Season 2 though, not 1. Drazen was long dead.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Lonestar said:
:lol :lol :lol

I also liked the music as usual. Hints of season one's "up the stairs " theme :D

Heh, I noticed that as well. I think they've recycled two music bits from past episodes. The stairs vs escalator music from tonight's episode and a bit of music from season two when Jack and the commando gets attacked around 1 AM

Great 4 hours though...that's 1/6 of the season done. CTU really is useless without the original cast...all they have is the secretary's son, which probably doesn't know shit...but who knows, this is 24 after all.

Oh, and please spoiler tag any discussion about future episodes. Sometimes they'll show previews for episodes that air in a couple weeks, so the whole
pickup truck exploding
might be a spoiler for next week's episode.

Bigfoot

Damn, I'll be suffering from 24 withdrawl after 2 nights with 2 hours of 24. I loved how Jack had a moment of kidness and decided to snipe those two guys well he was on the way to his car.

Is the new prez the same guy from Season 3 that Sherry gave the blackmail info to so Palmer wouldn't run again?

Decent first 4 hours, I'd say. I love that the Secretary of OFFENSE has his shit together moreso than anyone else on the show. Seriously, WTF is up with CTU now? "I have a hunch someone's not doing their job the way I want it down, so let's pull resources and spy on them." Bauer needs to clean house here...

And yeah, Jack actually considering taking the cops on: priceless. :lol

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
24 death body count (Season 4)

32 people on the train
4 (including Melanie) in Andrew's office
Andrew's mom
5 secret service
Ronnie
Parking attendant
2 terrorists killed by 'Secretary of Offense'
2 terrorists sniped by Jack Bauer
Debbie

Death count: 49

Does that sound right? :D

I don't remember if the Secretary got 2 or 3 guys

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Father_Brain said:
I really, really hope that the schizophrenic daughter subplot gets resolved quickly.

I hope the subplot results in Driscoll stepping down cause that bitch can't run CTU effectively

suaveric said:
I thought schizophrenia doesn't even set in until your late teens/early 20s. Her kid looked 10-12.

I noticed this too... I think it can occur in younger people, though, it's just really rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom