• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I coulda sworn the N-Gage was dead?

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIFTS!

Deg

Banned
N-Gage will never die they sold afew million of them too. N-Gage alone has sold more than the entire Windows mobile catalogue.

Chittagong

Gold Member
callous said:
Because it is and always has been an abomination. I want it to die, too. It's clutter.

You don't know what you are talking about. There are actually many great games available for the device exclusively. I guess the generic Ngage hate bandwagon is still strong in the US.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Gamestop, previously paid buttloads by Nokia for display of products that never sold. Seems to be giving in at most stores, and is clearenceing all the Nguage crap.

Deg

Banned
Suikoguy said:
Gamestop, previously paid buttloads by Nokia for display of products that never sold. Seems to be giving in at most stores, and is clearenceing all the Nguage crap.

Good time to buy one if you are looking for a cheap S60 device. It'll be interesting to see how game shops handle the new open gaming platform.

callous

Chittagong said:
You don't know what you are talking about. There are actually many great games available for the device exclusively. I guess the generic Ngage hate bandwagon is still strong in the US.

I'm from/in Denmark. I still hate the damn thing. Like I said, it's clutter. It's a piece of crap. It should never have been released and those 1½ "great" games you mention should have been on other platforms instead of helping to dilute the hardware scene even further.

engage2.jpg

Chittagong

Gold Member
callous said:
I'm from/in Denmark. I still hate the damn thing. Like I said, it's clutter. It's a piece of crap. It should never have been released and those 1½ "great" games you mention should have been on other platforms instead of helping to dilute the hardware scene even further.

Wow, you are ignorant. A majority of the "1.5 'great' games" are actually created by Nokia and specifically for the device, and have been getting excellent reviews pretty much accross the board. Would you call a game that scores 8 in Edge "great"?

- Pathway To Glory
- Pathway To Glory: Ikusa Island
- Snakes
- Rrrrrifts
- Glimmerati
- High Seize
- System Rush
- ONE

Then there are some interesting 3rd party games created specifically for the devices that, like you argue, could be created for other devices:

- Warhammer 40K
- Civilization
- Catan

You have the right to hate it as much as you like, but STFU about things you don't know anything about nor care to find out - availability of games on Ngage.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Why do people hate other platforms? More options is a good thing and N-Gage is not robbing any exclusives to the NDS or the PSP, there is no reason to blast it off.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Funky Papa said:
Why do people hate other platforms? More options is a good thing and N-Gage is not robbing any exclusives to the NDS or the PSP, there is no reason to blast it off.

My point exactly. If there was no Ngage, there would be no Pathway To Glory. No High Seize. How would the market be better?

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Chittagong said:
My point exactly. If there was no Ngage, there would be no Pathway To Glory. No High Seize. How would the market be better?

Then Nokia should become a third-party developer and make games for PSP and DS, especially if their games are great. :p

Deg

Banned
Kiriku said:
Then Nokia should become a third-party developer and make games for PSP and DS, especially if their games are great. :p

They're richer and more successful than Nintendo and Sony. Plus they will be focusing ont heir bread and butter. Mobile Phones.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Chittagong said:

Have you played High Seize? I can't find impressions of it anywhere, and apparently the normal game outlets quit covering ngage games some time ago. It's not even clear where you could buy certain games for the platform any more.

That said, I don't want to buy a ngage to play the 4-5 games that I find really interesting on it. Not until it's cheaper. Though I guess that's a fair number of games to rationalize trying a system. The thing is, to truly experience it, it seems I'd have to invest in the arena or online service as well which is a further monetary commitment. Perhaps on a monthly basis, which I loathe. And whats more...I'd have to do so for a service that is clearly in it's death throes.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Musashi Wins! said:
Have you played High Seize? I can't find impressions of it anywhere, and apparently the normal game outlets quit covering ngage games some time ago. It's not even clear where you could buy certain games for the platform any more.

Yep, it's essentially Advance Wars with online multiplayer. It's a pretty hard game to come by, maybe buying online, but definately worth it. It's from the same producer and team as Pathway To Glory, with similar production values in musical score, voice acting and storyline narrative.

CamHostage

I don't see any reason for Ngage to exist either, but it would make sense for there to be a standard for cellphone games. The way things are now, it's a total clusterfuck of compatibility and support. Not that it matters with cellphone games, I guess....

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Deg said:
They're richer and more successful than Nintendo and Sony. Plus they will be focusing ont heir bread and butter. Mobile Phones.

I never implied they should go third party to survive as a company, if that's what you're saying. I'm well aware of their very prominent position in the cellphone industry, for example. But if their first-party games for N-Gage are really good, wouldn't it be a reasonable idea to release them for other handhelds as well? Or make new games for other platforms? What's wrong with making more money?
Releasing them for regular cellphones is another, and probably more viable, alternative of course.

Top Bottom