• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I dropped the wii u, it stopped reading discs

Op, you are a genius. hahaha!

I'm impressed, these days it's difficult to find electronics than can be fixed by hitting them.

Op, If that was a regular console you dropped, it would have cracked into pieces. Be thankful that Nintendo makes kick ass rugged systems, so don't ever call 'em fragile.

Seik

Banned
Heh, that's quite a story.

The best thing is that it simply worked, bam, like that. You took a bet by doing this, but it seems like you won. :D

Every console I've owned from before last gen has survived beatings worse than that.

Surely someone else here remembers having a console on a shelf when you're playing, and someone rushed into the controller cord, flinging the hardware toward the opposite side of the room faster than you can say fuck? You'd check on it, see no signs of harm, plug it in and keep playing. That's how it was up until last gen (Excluding PC's, because hard drives).

Or when an old CRT TV started to crap out, but then you gave it a good whack and it started working properly again. (Eventually you'd have kick it full force when the problems repeated themselves, and then enough was enough and you got a new TV)
Certain things just made sense to give beatings "back then."

You can tell from newer consoles that they'll break from a small drop just by looking at them, pretty much. It is said that the last console manufactured using Nintendium was the DSphat.

their handhelds sans DS lite still got that Nintendium up in em. The hinge design just negates it a bit and there's some consistency issues. Like, I'm rocking a launch period 3DS that I bought from my brother and it's survived through some shit

-got wet
-several drops to the floor
-dropped in a road
-subsequently run over by a truck

the battle damage? a light hairline crack, in a corner on the outermost layer of the top half's outer shell, and literally nothing else

whereas my cosmo black launch 3DS was treated perfectly and died from a combination of failing shoulder buttons, unresponsive face buttons, and hinge ribbon issues that would cause it to immediately power down if the top half was ever moved in a certain way

CraZed

Did you at least say something cool before you dropped it?

And did you depart the immediate area right after?

Or; don't drop expensive electronics. If you had a 360 and nudged it too much when it was on, it'd fuck your disc up.

Yup, I have a friend who lost one of his games because someone bumped the 360. It caused the system to dig a rather deep circle in the bottom of the disc.

Needless to say, he wasn't happy.

javac

This is some time travelling reverse gravitational pull physics mumbo jumbo shit right here. Newton's laws are a load of crap. Everything is backwards.

Phazon

This is some time travelling reverse gravitational pull physics mumbo jumbo shit right here. Newton's laws are a load of crap. Everything is backwards.

Wii U's secret sauce. No matter how dead it is, it'll always find a way to come back and annoy the haters. :p

And I'm happy that it works again OP, but you're very lucky it worked after doing that.

Nintendo products these days have NO FUCKING durability. I dropped my 2DS the other day (softly) and it the wireless card got dislodged. It kept yielded the black screen of death and I couldn't do shit about it.

ib2whbEujDI1Xi.gif
I think I never laughed so hard in my life. Jesus Christ, that shop is fucking hilarious.

isual

op needs a tag and then a hyper link with that tag

'dropped wii u twice; second time was intentional'

stealth tag want

Javier

I guess every now and then Cartoon Logic actually works.

"Character get amnesia after getting hit in the head, surely another hit will give his memory back!"

DeaviL

Banned
This is the best thing i've read all day, pure brilliance.
But really, don't complain about the fragility of something you've dropped. I'm pretty sure it wasn't made for that...

I was going to say, that's what fucking happens; but you fixed it by dropping it again? I don't even understand how that works, but congratulations!

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
This is a surprise how? That's how Nintendo actually refurbish their WiiUs.

..oh darn you, ozfunghi!

DogMeat77

If only Nintendo would have made a console with a handle on it, this wouldn't have happened...

I will remember that dropping it backwards is the fix though.

KHlover

Banned
Hey, you dropped it two times and it still works. Maybe the first time you dropped it a cable got a bit loose? Anyways, your story proved it to be NOT fragile. Dropped my smartphone once, display was broken beyond repair. That's what I would call fragile, dropping it again backwards also didn't help :(

Top Bottom