• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I found a vagina in Watch Dogs 2 and Sony suspended me (Update: Ban lifted)

Tohsaka

some parents are going to find out about this, say they bought it for their kids, and it's ubi's fault that it doesnt say NAKED PEOPLE in giant letters on the front of the box, and complain... in my opinion

Did you not read the thread? There are multiple other games with full nudity, and the ESRB mentions the nudity in their rating for the game. They know it's in there, it's even on the back of the box.

some parents are going to find out about this, say they bought it for their kids, and it's ubi's fault that it doesnt say NAKED PEOPLE in giant letters on the front of the box, and complain... in my opinion

So let the uneducated consumers complain. Who gives a fuck?

GavinUK86

I came across the panty vagina myself today while playing. I also encountered a cross dresser in the lgbt neighbourhood of the game. I didn't have a chance to check, another player ran me over, but I imagine if you go peaking up skirts you might get a penis too.

Considering the humour of the game it could be a joke easter egg for upskirt perverts.

nsfw game penis

I mean, if it's in a game that's on that console, it should be fair game to take a pic and share it imo no matter what it is as long as it's tagged appropriately.

Audiophile

It's not sexual, it's biological. It's more disturbing to me if they're rendered as asexual dolls without anything there.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
Damn Ubisoft is really focusing on making it an Open world game huh?

grumble

Would that be a "meh"?

Because they already listed nudity in their rating description.

The rating typically doesn't cover full frontal nudity. There will be upset people about this. It'll likely get patched out and new copies will have tweaked code.

SZips

The rating typically doesn't cover full frontal nudity. There will be upset people about this. It'll likely get patched out and new copies will have tweaked code.

I'm willing to bet the ESRB was already well aware of the nudity in the game. So no, I doubt it's going to become a thing beyond people trying to make it a thing.

Boss Mog

Well I uhh
Thats very interesting to say the least
Suprised Ubi put this in there

Why are you surprised? Have you played Ubi games before? FarCry 3 and 4 both had topless women, There was a sex slave auction in the original Watch_Dogs which had a bunch of ladies in only a tiny g-string. Ubisoft definitely has a history of nudity in their games.

Wow! Why? There is no reason for that.
Sure there is, turning a corner while crouched and coming face to face with 2 giant dicks right in my face making me pause, as I realize they're attached to 2 psychopaths who chase and literally want to eat me, very memorable gaming experience. Just part of the experience.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
It says brief instances.

What were they supposed to write?

You're having a comprehension problem here, I'll paste again:

brief instances of male and female full-frontal nudity (e.g., a woman in body paint; a man standing with a woman outdoors).

I bolded the examples to make it clearer.

Ibuki

Banned

They posted two examples, they didn't list every single thing in the game. Don't assume I'm having a problem because you don't know how to further your point besides posting the same shit over and over.

No, actually they haven't from that description.

Looks like this wasn't disclosed.

So in your opinion an increase in the frequency of nudity is enough to rerate the game? It is a M rated game already, and full frontal nudity was already seen and rated. There is nothing to suggest a rerating is needed unless more of the same sort of nudity is somehow worse, and as I already said putting levels nudity on a logarithmic scale to rate a game is beyond stupid.

ghostjoke

Banned
While the idea of someone spending days/weeks modelling human genitalia is weird, every other medium has gotten over nudity without hellfire raining down. Strange as a picture of a dead hooker with her vagina on display is, this topic only exists because of the frigidness around nudity in video games and OP's reaction to encountering this rarity so randomly.

As for the actual story here of Sony handing out suspensions, sounds like they really need to work on "child locks", or whatever you want to call them, and let adults post things that might include nudity. Still, if it's in their ToS as of now, stupid as the South Park parody levels of "eek a penis/vagina" are while violence is a-okay, you did violate them - not to say violence should be some be all, end all of ratings, but it's never going to make sense to me that genitalia is the forbidden fruit.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
One place where this could actually cause a change in rating is in Australia depending how strict they are on nudity. I'm not sure.

The game is MA15+ there though but it could be reclassified R18+ pretty easily.

They posted two examples, they didn't list every single thing in the game. Don't assume I'm having a problem because you don't know how to further your point besides posting the same shit over and over.

It probably would not have said brief if they were aware you can lay someone out on the sidewalk like this.

So in your opinion an increase in the frequency of nudity is enough to rerate the game? It is a M rated game already, and full frontal nudity was already seen and rated. There is nothing to suggest a rerating is needed unless more of the same sort of nudity is somehow worse, and as I already said putting levels nudity on a logarithmic scale is beyond stupid.

In American ratings, the difference for ratings between brief and as long as you want can be pretty extreme.

TheRed

I think this is good and progressive, weird because it being a dead woman. But for the nudists guys and ladies around being fully modeled I think that's a good thing.

Top Bottom