• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I found a vagina in Watch Dogs 2 and Sony suspended me (Update: Ban lifted)

Grimsen

Maybe when you link accounts there's an agreement?

Yeah, I guess. It's one thing to send dick pics on PSN when you lose in Overwatch, but moderation on sharing in-game images outside of PSN is a bit much.

EDIT:

The share function on ps4 is used to propagate your Whats New PSN feed. So when you press the share button to post on facebook, twitter, YouTube, etc... it automatically adds that post to your PSN feed so all your PSN friends and followers can see it on their Whats New feed at which point any of them can flag it for Sony to review by hitting the report button.

Well, there it is.

teiresias

The ban is ridiculous if they're going to allow that content in the game to begin with. I swear, Sony gets more anti-consumer and ridiculous every day, not to mention unwilling to own up to obvious managerial screw ups.

The game was rated for nudity, why do people think it would get removed?

If they're going to allow content to be rated for nudity to begin with, and then put a disclaimer that "online interactions not rated by the ESRB" and THEN turn around and ban someone for sharing content in their own platform's damn game on social media, then they really need to take a look at how stupid and ridiculous their policies are.

Of course, share as many photos and videos of you dismembering and murdering people as you like.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
For anyone who wanted to buy summer lesson and was disappointed over lack of US release, we just found your game!

Aenima

How could Sony ban you from sharing on Twitter? Those services should be completely seperated as far as i know (i know that you can share directly on Twitter from PS4, but still, you're not sharing on PSN).
Its shared on PSN too. When you upload a pic or video using the PS4 that pic can be seen on whats new section and in Live from Playstation section.

If u read the Sony mail in the OP it say it was an activity from Live from Playstation.

vilmer_

Your entire friends list just got a close up of a vagina in their 'what's new' feed. Some of them quite possibly viewing on 60+ inch televisions. I'd bet there were some mighty gasps. Also people hammering the report button.

Damn Ubisoft! I bet Anita Sarkeesian preparing for the next video like
200.gif

MazeHaze

Banned
I never knew so many people were unaware that there have been genitals in quite a few games. I guess maybe it's weird if you didn't know that. Wasn't Pigsy in Manhunt on PS2 nude? Coulda sworn I remember him chasing me with a chainsaw and his weird weiner flappin around.

One game does it and the rest follow as the standard has been set. Like in my experience, Vice City was the first game I heard use "shit." (I know gta 1 and 2 had swearing also, but it was a rare occurence in games.) Next San Andreas was full of F bombs and now almost all M rated games are laden with profanity.

Edit: Actually, I think in Twisted Metal Black during the intro, doesn't Sweet Tooth say "Shut up and bleed you mother fucker!"

Goron2000

best junior ever
Here's Sony's guidelines for sharing that mentions sexual content
Make sure your Online ID, messages, forum posts, user generated content or any other form of communication are not offensive to others: do not post anything that is defamatory (making an untrue statement that may be damaging to the person concerned) or racially, ethnically, religiously or sexually offensive.

If this content is deemed "sexually offensive" then why are you allowing developers to put it on your platform?

N.Grim

The most disturbing things about that photo is that we still have "floating" clothes and deformed texture, meanwhile making 4K console

Horp

Many strange posts in this thread. Its a vagina. Women look like that between the legs. Ok its uncommon to be modeled but why is it a problem" or disgusting? Its just a vagina.

nkarafo

Fully rendered dicks in GTA and pussy in Watch_Dogs.

Truly a new age for gaming.

As for "first vagina in a game," don't you briefly see a hairy pussy in Red Dead Redemption when you walk in on a couple having sex?

Granted you're not seeing labia and the actual vagina and stuff. But still.
Larry Magna Cum Laude had 3D penises and vaginas in 2004. But you needed a cheat iirc.

test_account

XP-39C²
The share function on ps4 is used to propagate your Whats New PSN feed. So when you press the share button to post on facebook, twitter, YouTube, etc... it automatically adds that post to your PSN feed so all your PSN friends and followers can see it on their Whats New feed at which point any of them can flag it for Sony to review by hitting the report button.
Thanks for the info. In that case, the ban makes sense. Is there any way to disable that and just share directly on Twitter etc.?

Its somewhat "funny" that a game itself is perfectly fine, but sharing pictures from it is not. Its not like that the images are user generated content that were created either, its content that the developers themself made.

Many strange posts in this thread. Its a vagina. Women look like that between the legs. Ok its uncommon to be modeled but why is it a problem" or disgusting? Its just a vagina.

I bet the people outraged here, are the same who laugh when they see a penis in a game, and don't mind it at all.

Top Bottom