• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I Got $150 for Christmas, Any Games You Guys Recommend? (Wii U, PS4, PS3, 3DS)

Neoxon

Basically this is my library for each system.

Wii U: New Super Mario Bros. U, ZombiU, Wind Waker HD, Sonic Lost World, Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World, The Wonderful 101, Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Wii Party U

PS4: The Last of Us Remastered, Destiny, Injustice (PS+), Secret Ponchos (PS+), Plants vs. Zombies

3DS: Super Street Fighter 4 3D, OoT 3D, Fire Emblem Awakening, Tomodachi Life, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, Pokémon X (x2), Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

PS3: So many I lost count. Just recommend whatever. A good chunk of my library has fighting games (UMvC3, SF, TTT2, SFxT, P4A, Skullgirls, Injustice, etc.) as well as other games (Generations, Uncharted 2 & 3, inFamous, LBP1, ModNation, etc.).

Any recommendations, GAF? And don't worry, I have a good deal of extra cash in the bank, so I'm not blowing my entire financial load.

EDIT: YES, I DO OWN A LINK BETWEEN WORLDS. And as for DLC, I have the DLC for MK8, but not Pikmin 3.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Second Son, it's $20 right now on Amazon.

_DiGiTaL_

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker one of my favorite games of 2014. If you like puzzle adventure games it is a must have.

Mista

Banned
Wii U: Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze

PS4: Infamous: SS

3DS: Yoshi's Island and Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Wii U: Rayman Legends, in case you've never played. But, whatever, even if you played it, you just need to dive into it the second time - the experience is so much better on Wii U. Also, Hyrule Warriors with DLCs is very fun and very, very long. By the way, do you have MK8 and Pikmin 3 DLCs?

3DS: It's a shame you don't have TLoZ: A Link Between Worlds. (EDIT: Disregard, you have it.) Mario & Luigi: Dream Team is also the title I hugely recommend, and playing Super Mario 3D land after 3D World is an interesting experience.

Bishop Games

Neo Member
Played 90hours of Bravely Default on 3DS...

Game is affordable, fun and addictive. The later part of the game can be a bit 'boring' to some but I really enjoyed it. If you are into JRPG and Final Fantasy, you will love this,

Neoxon

Wii U: Rayman Legends, in case you've never played. But, whatever, even if you played it, you just need to dive into it the second time - the experience is so much better on Wii U. Also, Hyrule Warriors with DLCs is very fun and very, very long. By the way, do you have MK8 and Pikmin 3 DLCs?

3DS: It's a shame you don't have TLoZ: A Link Between Worlds. Mario & Luigi: Dream Team is also the title I hugely recommend, and playing Super Mario 3D land after 3D World is an interesting experience.
I do have A Link Between Worlds on my Zelda 3DS XL, I just forgot to put it on the list initially. And while I do have the MK8 DLC, I don't have the Pikmin 3 DLC.

Shady859

Do you have a backlog???

I know this is blasphemy around these parts but...........save the money for something else coming later that you know you want. Just buy an Amiibo for Smash / MK to satisfy the new toy itch.

That said you listed Nintendo first, Captain Toad is pretty darn fun. I just broke it out last night for the first time.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
You should get Alien Isolation for your PS4, Neoxon. Unless you have a capable PC, in which case, get it for your PC. Also, pick up some diapers for your playthrough.

[edit] And I'm gonna have to downvote suggestions of Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze because that game is so hard it's not fun.

Neoxon

Do you have a backlog???

I know this is blasphemy around these parts but...........save the money for something else coming later that you know you want.

That said you listed Nintendo first, Captain Toad is pretty darn fun. I just broke it out last night for the first time.
My backlog consists of...

- Ultra Street Fighter 4 DLC Upgrade for my copy of AE (I'll probably just get the PS4 version)
- Xenoblade (I borrowed the Wii version initially, I may just wait for the n3DS version)
- Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
- Guilty Gear Xrd
- Persona Q
- Tropical Freeze
- Super Mario Galaxy 2
- Hyrule Warriors
- Captain Toad
- Second Son
- Shin Megami Tensei IV
- Alpha Sapphire

These are just off the top of my head.

Shady859

My backlog consists of...

- Ultra Street Fighter 4 DLC Upgrade for my copy of AE (I'll probably just get the PS4 version)
- Xenoblade (I borrowed the Wii version initially, I may just wait for the n3DS version)
- Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
- Guilty Gear Xrd
- Persona Q
- Tropical Freeze
- Super Mario Galaxy 2
- Hyrule Warriors
- Captain Toad
- Second Son
- Shin Megami Tensei IV

These are just off the top of my head.

You answered your own question. Save the $$$$$$

Edit: assuming you own all these. Wierd you didn't include backlog in your library. I am confused. :)
Edit 2: I figured you out lol I consider backlog games you own and haven't played.

WolfenstienTNO on PS4
Dragons Age inquisition
FarCry 4 PS4

each* can be had for 39 or less physical or retail if you are internet savvy

Megatron

I third the vita option. You will not even have to buy games for it, just make do with you PS plus games. Hopefully you have been redeeming the vita games.

If not then I recommend dk: tropical freeze, Far Cry 4 and Shadow of Mordor. Hyrule Warriors is pretty fun as well.

Neoxon

I third the vita option. You will not even have to buy games for it, just make do with you PS plus games. Hopefully you have been redeeming the vita games.

If not then I recommend dk: tropical freeze, Far Cry 4 and Shadow of Mordor. Hyrule Warriors is pretty fun as well.
I just started PS+, so I'll go redeem the Vita & PS3 games right now.

Neoxon

Also, isn't a Vita around $200? I'm kinda looking into the n3DS via trade-in (assuming they'll let me transfer my shit over).

Shovel Knight
Another World (PS4)
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Steamworld: Dig
Grand Theft Auto V Remastered
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Far Cry 4
Hotline: Miami (PS4)

Personally I played it on the 3DS. I would not hold out for the PS4 version if I were you. The game feels meant to be played on a Nintendo controller. Then again I've never been a fan of the Playstation D-pads... any of them.

The cruel irony is that I will be playing Shovel Knight on PS4 once it comes out because I want to experience it again on a larger screen and do not own a Wii U.

Top Bottom