• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I got to play Motorstorm on PS3 today and Target, and to say the least...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't wowed with the graphics in the game at all. The game looks best when you crash, and it goes all slo-mo on ya. However if this is the best looking game for the PS3 at launch I'm underwhelmed. I don't know if it was the TV I was playing on but it didn't look as good as the media I've watched.

It was a fun game, my truck was running slow at first but once I got up to speed it was movin fast as can be. I had fun fighting with other vehilcles for position, a good game but nothing mindblowing.

Now on the controller, sure it felt light and cheap, but the worst part are the rear triggers. The way they slope downward when you push down on them just doesn't feel comfy at all. Some times I was close to having my fingers slide off when I would accelerate.

Call me an Xbot because I only own a 360, but after playing Gears of War (finally pulled my 360 out of its moving box), Motorstorm and PS3 overall weren't that impressive.

llTll

Banned
regarding the graphics, i think everyone will be disspointed if he think ps3 is more powerful

they are really both the same. and i mean. really really really the same. it all comes down to what feature /how smooth the game is

and to keep on topic. the game is fun.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
mysticstylez said:
Call me an Xbot because I only own a 360, but after playing Gears of War (finally pulled my 360 out of its moving box), Motorstorm and PS3 overall weren't that impressive.

Gears broke gaming. Thanks cliffy.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Was your controller not tied down? I played at the target kiosk and the controller was tied down so there was no way to determine how the weight felt.

1111061947rc3.jpg

^not my picture, just a picture of the kiosk.

anyways, as for the triggers, i really like them compared to the DS2. big improvement there I think.

jimbo

Banned
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Gears broke gaming. Thanks cliffy.

Updated GOW list:

Split-screen gaming. Killed.
Gaming. Killed.
Motorstorm graphics. Killed.
Real Life. 80% ....some prick keeps taping A really fast and just won't let it die peacefully.

Seriously though, it's me and my wife's one year anniversary and we're off to shop for some skiis, play some putt-putt, eat and more importantly search for Wii and PS3 kiosks. Looking forward to finding some and maybe posting impressions later on if we get lucky.

Tieno

Are you sure PS3 was set up right? I mean, when 360 was in kiosks I believe there were reports that some stores didn't put it in HD mode and stuff like that.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
mysticstylez said:
okay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom