• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I hate being a working stiff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I graduated a little over what, 3 weeks ago or something, and I started my full time job in some office last week. Well, it's a construction company, and for new hires what they do is they show you around by putting you in five different departments, one per week (safety, purchasing, cost, estimating, engineering). Last week was a bit of safety and engineering, which was out on the site, getting down and dirty, talkin shit with the boys... this week it's freakin purchasing... paper-pushing bullshite. 7:30-5 of the same ol' monotonous crap. Here I am after having completed day TWO of it and I don't want to do it anymore, how do you people that do office shit for a living stay sane? I don't even have a computer, it's actual PAPERWORK. FUCK.

Well one week and two days down... FORTY FOUR YEARS TO GO 'TIL RETIREMENT. :(

You get to retire? I didnt think anyone in this generation did short of a pension of some sort.

Yeah, I work 40 hours a week with 30 of school right now. A bit burned out. Just stumbling towards the finish line.

Hawksley

I love paperwork. It's like some demented form of loving to hear yourself talk. I write so pretty, and it's fun to write with a ballpoint pen on cushioned paper! Then the filing! That's entertaining, too! Organization is bliss.

Edit: I'm dead serious. :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hawksley said:
I love paperwork. It's like some demented form of loving to hear yourself talk. I write so pretty, and it's fun to write with a ballpoint pen on cushioned paper! Then the filing! That's entertaining, too! Organization is bliss.

:(

human5892

Queen of Denmark
MrAngryFace said:
You get to retire? I didnt think anyone in this generation did short of a pension of some sort.

Yeah, I work 40 hours a week with 30 of school right now. A bit burned out. Just stumbling towards the finish line.
Same with me, only with a little bit less hours. But more or less, I feel your pain.

Wellington, that sucks, but welcome to the working world. I'm not expecting much more when I graduate. Lousy life. :(

On a related note: I have heard that some countries offer similar standards of living as the U.S., but with a much less intensive typical workload (i.e., a 25 or 30 hour work week standard in Germany as opposed to the U.S.' 45-60+, depending on your job). Can anyone vouch for this? If it's true, I might seriously consider relocating.

yoshifumi

Banned
Hawksley said:

holy shit call the fun police.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
human5892 said:
Same with me, only with a little bit less hours. But more or less, I feel your pain.

Wellington, that sucks, but welcome to the working world. I'm not expecting much more when I graduate. Lousy life. :(

On a related note: I have heard that some countries offer similar standards of living as the U.S., but with a much less intensive typical workload (i.e., a 25 or 30 hour work week standard in Germany as opposed to the U.S.' 45-60+, depending on your job). Can anyone vouch for this? If it's true, I might seriously consider relocating.

Oh shit that isn't a bad idea. I can already speak Spanish so I'm already half-way there. Time for some research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom