• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I hate giving out halloween candy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tt_deeb

For the most part I don't mind giving stuff out to the kids. (except for the ones that just open my front door, let my dog out, and then take as much candy as they want once I get out there) But when people my age are out there I'm never sure whether I get embarrased for them or myself. I guess it's just awkward as a whole. I remember one time last year there was a parent going around getting candy and that was extremely odd. Plus, my parents always make me do it, but I'm leaving the house soon cause I'm already getting sick of it. Not to mention I'll have to clean up all the shaving cream and eggs on the street in front of my house come tomorrow morning.

Anyway, how are you guys doing? What candy are you giving out?

EDIT: I forgot to say curfew tonight for the town is 9PM - lame.

It's snowing like a mother fucker here.. :lol at all of the annoying little kids. Even if the weather was clear, I ate all of the candy my family bought to hand out earlier this week.

bjork

I'm going to buy some to give to customers, but if I get cosplayers, I'm injecting the candy bars with ajax or something.

raYne

I haven't given out candy in 7+ years. I just pull the "all the lights are off, no ones home" routine.

Besides the trick or treaters in my area are usually big 17+ year olds with deep voices, facial hair and no costumes. I mean wtf people?

Vlad

We take the minimalist approach. We're not doing any decorations, plan on closing all the blinds and curtains and turn off the lights, and just have enough candy to give to the random kids who do decide to come to the door anyway (just to help discourage any potential eggings/TPings).

In case you couldn't tell, we're not big fans of this particular holiday.

Chipopo

Banned
raYne said:
Besides the trick or treaters in my area are usually big 17+ year olds with deep voices, facial hair and no costumes. I mean wtf people?

:lol:lol:lolAHAHAHAHAHA. This cracks me up because it perfectly describes ME in 3 hours :p

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
raYne said:
I haven't given out candy in 7+ years. I just pull the "all the lights are off, no ones home" routine.

Haha, I do the same shit. Fuck them.

tt_deeb

My F*cking Grandpa said:
AHAHAHAHAHA. This cracks me up because it perfectly describes ME in 3 hours :p

Yeah, I was just going to say - I usually at least dye my hair but not this year. Just plain clothes and a pillowcase.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
We have absolutely nothing to give out in our house. My poor mother is going to the door with nuts and bananas and oranges. Oh dear.

I've turned my music up and hoping no one more will call.

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
I think it's cute :p

Just given away a massive bottle of Dr. Pepper and all of my housemate's chocolate :D I hope he doesn't look in the fridge until I'm out tonight!

I used to like passing out the candy on Halloween. Depending on the person answering the door I would try to engage them in inane conversations, or something, usually to funny results. I can't think of any examples, its been like 6 years since I last handed out candy on Halloween.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom