• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I have a PS5 Pre Order @Amazon but I can't afford it right now... What should I do?

diffusionx

Gold Member
"In 2005, Ken Kutaragi, the Father of the PlayStation, talked about consumers working more, just so they could afford his upcoming console. According to Kutaragi, said the PS3 is "for consumers who think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one'. We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else." Anyone get a second job to pay for theirs? "
https://kotaku.com/thanks-for-all-the-memes-ps3-5985243#:~:text=Second Job&text=According to Kutaragi, said the,job to pay for theirs?

He was right though.

I don't know if I can transfer a pre order to a gaffer that wasn't able to pre order it, but I'd be glad to do so!
If a Gaffer lives in America you could just change the shipping address to his on your amazon PS5 order. Once you received payment from them of course. Then it would ship to the gaffer instead of you.

WakeTheWolf

Same boat too. Just can't afford it and looking at the price of games just cements to me that I'm best sticking with my PC for now. I'll probably grab it further down the line when it becomes clear that there is more exclusives to warrant a purchase.

Hugare

Are you fucking kidding me, dude?

After taxes, it would be MUCH more expensive than buying it here in Brazil

... Why would you do that? Just why?

To give you a perspective: I bought new pads for my Porta Pro, from Japan.

I paid $20 dollars for it. And then I paid the equivalent of $60 dollars in taxes.

I can't even begin to fathom how much money you would pay for a PS5 after taxing

Smoke6

I pre ordered the $500 version at amazon, but since I gotta import it, I would end up paying twice as much with fees, shipping and taxes, since I'll send it to Brazil...

I thought that I'd have the money for it before the release date, but I had to help a friend with some money, so I won't be able to get it, at launch...

Maybe I'll order one here in december, so I really don't know what to do with the pre order...

Any thoughts?

PS. this is what the console would cost if I import it:

PS5 Price
US$ 500,00

US Taxes
US$ 40,00

Traveller's Reward
US$ 283,79

Grabr Taxes
US$ 28,37

Payment proccess
US$ 34,32
Pm me dawg I’ll take it off your hands bro!

Keihart

Get it later when it's not as hard to get and it's comfortable for you to expend the money for it, don't sweat it, it's just a games machine.

Top Bottom