• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I have an irrational dislike of this picture of Mario

DEc9fZ8WsAECsjW

Maybe it's just me but I've seen it way too many headers of video game articles and YouTube thumbnails in my life.

DEdTgpcXkAETKoy

Reverse image searching it just leads to a bunch of articles and blog posts from random sites that uses it in their headers.

DEdVWgaVwAA--sJ

I also always wondered where it's from. Why is his mouth upside down? Is it from Robot Chicken?

It just bothers me how this unflattering photoshop job is so heavily circulated.

DrKelpo

Banned
the longer you look at it, the more little "off" details you notice...

the mouth, the missing pockets, these red things over the shoulders, in general the weird pants, the sleeves..

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's an edit of a Mario doll:

PcVo375.jpg

You can see the tag behind him (the odd square shape above his shoulders)

DatAhmedz

It's just a photoshop of a plush lol

But for real. I've seen a ton of gaming sites use it whenever there's some bad news about Nintendo or whatever, along with this screenshot from brawl

depresszio-jatek_screenshot_20120109084549_original_760x760.jpg

Look guys Mario is so sad :c

Found the original image:

qzM1HDD.jpg

Specifically it's a Japanese doll from 2007.

Good call. They flipped his mouth and added some tears. I think the eyebrows are exactly the same, which is kinda funny when you realize he's supposed to be smiling in the original.

Justinh

the longer you look at it, the more little "off" details you notice...

the mouth, the missing pockets, these red things over the shoulders, in general the weird pants, the sleeves..

Yeah, I can't say I've seen at it before either, but after studying it now, something just looks... wrong about it.
6KZEDiG.jpg

It's an edit of a Mario doll:

http://i.imgur.com/PcVo375.jpg

You can see the tag behind him (the odd square shape above his shoulders)
Oh. I guess that's that, then. I would've believed it was a Robot Chicken thing.

Trup1aya

Holy shit, I never had a problem with this image until this thread. Now it's pissing me off, lol. I can't figure out what's off about it.

Top Bottom