• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I have upgraded to the remastered version of Tlou2 and now i have two icons of Tlou2!

luca_29_bg

I hate that shit. I got the digital version of FFVII Remaster for owning the physical version of it on PS4, but every time I tried to play it I had to put in the PS4 disc, and even though I'd always delete the PS4 version while starting to play the PS5 digital version, it would automatically re-download the PS4 version. lol what a shitshow.

Unbelievable! O__o
You made a thread about not wanting a TLOU2 PS4 icon in your home screen? Am I understanding you correctly?
well yes, and so ? In this forum there are threads for any possible silly things gaming related made every day, so i thought there could be a solution for this and that's why i made a thread!

After looking at the comparisons between the original with patch and this one, I don't see why anyone would upgrade tbh. Seems like one of the biggest grifts in gaming history.
Clearly you have not experienced Ghostbusters: The Video Game: Remastered which is literally the same graphics as the PS360 title only they took out the MP and the "Ghostbusters" song by Ray Parker Jr. And it retailed for $30 in 2019 with no cheaper upgrade path for exsisting owners.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Clearly you have not experienced Ghostbusters: The Video Game: Remastered which is literally the same graphics as the PS360 title only they took out the MP and the "Ghostbusters" song by Ray Parker Jr. And it retailed for $30 in 2019 with no cheaper upgrade path for existing owners.
Not an accurate comparison. TLOU2 and Remaster are both still published by Sony. The original Ghostbusters video game was developed by Terminal Reality and publised by Atari. The remaster was basically just a re-release ported by Saber and publised by Mad Dog.

Three

Episode 2 Wow GIF by UFC
Guy is recording 3d content. What a genius.

Three

I don't want to have both version installed, i need space in my ssd for other games, i simply don't want the ps4 version! Unbelievable the sony think this is the correct way to manage the upgrade from disc ps4 version of a game to the ps5 version remastered/whatever!
It's a good way for some since it doesn't prevent you from installing and playing the older original game if you wanted to. Just don't click on the disc version and it will move away to the right as you play other games. If you swap discs often then press the remastered version first and it will ask you to insert disc and wont bring the original to the front from the insert.

Mr Hyde

It's pretty annoying, but at least you can now choose to copy which edition you want, instead of the system immediately installing both copies. Either way, it's a flawed system and Sony should be ashamed of themselves for not fixing a better solution.

Mr Moose

Not an accurate comparison. TLOU2 and Remaster are both still published by Sony. The original Ghostbusters video game was developed by Terminal Reality and publised by Atari. The remaster was basically just a re-release ported by Saber and publised by Mad Dog.
Isn't Ghostbusters owned by Sony? Mad dog, Naughty dog, I am seeing a trend with these remasters.

This bullshit is a problem since the release of the console.

Same bullshit with Watch Dogs and other games. Always installing the PS4 version you don't need because you want to play the native PS5 version.

Last edited:

midnightAI

This bullshit is a problem since the release of the console.

Same bullshit with Watch Dogs and other games. Always installing the PS4 version you don't need because you want to play the native PS5 version.
I could have sworn this issue was fixed ages ago, or I have some setting turned on because mine no longer does this.

Hudo

If you are an icon collector: Good for you, OP!
If you are a dashboard minimalist: Well, I dunno what to say.

However, in both cases there's only one conclusion: It's Pizza time.

Sony handled his properly at launch. All versions of the game were in a single icon and you selected which version to play. Apparently, this was too confusing for people. We even had some folks here unknowingly playing the PS4 version of their games. So, Sony changed it to how you see it now: separate icons for each version.

Yeah, it’s annoying.

DaGwaphics

Clearly you have not experienced Ghostbusters: The Video Game: Remastered which is literally the same graphics as the PS360 title only they took out the MP and the "Ghostbusters" song by Ray Parker Jr. And it retailed for $30 in 2019 with no cheaper upgrade path for exsisting owners.

That was another "good" one. I hope no one that already owned the original bothered to "upgrade" to that one either.

Shifty1897

But i don't want the ps4 version to show up in my home, that's the point! I want just the ps5 version remastered, i can't believe that sony think this a normal behavior, for any other digital version of a ps4 game, when ther is the upgrade to the ps5 version, the ps4 version can be uninstalled and disapper! They have to put an option even for the disc version of the games, otherwise this mess up the home and it's confusing as hell! :/
This happens with Final Fantasy 7 Remake as well if you have the PS4 disc version. It's fine.

luca_29_bg

It's a good way for some since it doesn't prevent you from installing and playing the older original game if you wanted to. Just don't click on the disc version and it will move away to the right as you play other games. If you swap discs often then press the remastered version first and it will ask you to insert disc and wont bring the original to the front from the insert.

Well i have only this game in disc version, and in the meanwhile i played other games, and then the remastered version, now the ps4 version is moving to the right, let's hope when i turn off and on my ps5 will be in the same position and not in the front of all the icons on the left!

luca_29_bg

I get it. Some small stuff gets to me as well. Hope it works for you, keep me updated.

I tried other games and then the remastered version and it looks like the ps4 version is moving to the right, i turned off and on my ps5 and it's still in that position, if i try some other games it will disapper soon! Thank you for the tip! It's basically what i needed! :)

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I tried other games and then the remastered version and it looks like the ps4 version is moving to the right, i turned off and on my ps5 and it's still in that position, if i try some other games it will disapper soon! Thank you for the tip! It's basically what i needed! :)
Nice, hope it stays that way for you!

omegasc

You have to redownload the digital version of the same damn game to play it even if already have it installed from the disc version.
This has been changed a while back. I recall testing with Death Stranding Director's Cut + Horizon Forbidden West and not needing to re download.

Last edited:

RPS37

I just realized he probably can’t get rid of the ps4 icon because he can’t remove the disc if he wants to play the remaster.
thats kind of annoying and hilarious. Digital FTW

Same ol G

I have upgraded to the remastered version my ps4 disc version of the Tlou2 and now when i turn on my ps5 i have two icons of Tlo2 with the ps4 version saying "copy paused". If i delete the game, at the next turn on of the ps5 the icon it's still there with the same message! What the hell sony! There is a fix for this ? :/
lguAuQW.jpg
I see a lot of people telling you you're overreacting but you're right this is fucking annoying.
I have the same problem with borderlands 3 and i can delete the ps4 icon but the moment i restart my ps5 it's back.
You'd think sony could at least group the game under a single icon but no that's too difficult and all the fanboys act like it's a non issue.

MonkD

I see a lot of people telling you you're overreacting but you're right this is fucking annoying.
I have the same problem with borderlands 3 and i can delete the ps4 icon but the moment i restart my ps5 it's back.
You'd think sony could at least group the game under a single icon but no that's too difficult and all the fanboys act like it's a non issue.
If you see this as anything but a non issue you could probably use the exercise of pressing right on the d-pad(once).

luca_29_bg.... 17 post from you for this world problem ...whe know you hate it, give this fustration of you a rest....let it go, let it go, let it goooo😁

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Thats exactly what happened when I upgrade my FFVIIR (physical copy) to Intergrade version.

I delete FFVIIR (PS4) file from my PS5 but now every time I put the disk to play FFVIIR Intergrade, it will try to redownload the PS4 version and every time I have stop it, it annoying but there is not much it can be done.

Toots

Gold Member
But i don't want the ps4 version to show up in my home, that's the point! I want just the ps5 version remastered, i can't believe that sony think this a normal behavior, for any other digital version of a ps4 game, when ther is the upgrade to the ps5 version, the ps4 version can be uninstalled and disapper! They have to put an option even for the disc version of the games, otherwise this mess up the home and it's confusing as hell! :/
Dude whenever you upgrade form ps4 disk to ps5 digital, you still need the ps4 disk in your ps5 to play the digital version.

YOU CANNOT GET RID OF THE PS4 ICON YOU'LL HAVE TO LEARN TO LIVE WITH IT.

sorry i yelled but you need to understand and get out of your funk.

Filben

Now it's just the annoying Ui stuff that bothers me
Sony needed like two years to re-invent folders/collections (and it still doesn't work like on PS4) and to give the UI the ability to manual check for game updates if the game is not on the home screen. They are super slow in that regard so don't expect any fix for this soon, if at all.

My advice: don't think about it too much, you use the console for playing video games (or watching videos) and not for staring at the UI. I know it can be bothersome, but try to not work yourself up on that. Just click the right icon and play the game.

How is this not an accurate comparison. We're talking about a one-generation up remaster that offered little to nothing in the way of graphical improvement and charged a significantly higher fee for entry. Excusing this because someone else published it is effectively saying it's okay for a publisher remastering a game to rip you off as long as it's not the same publisher who released the initial version of the game.

Top Bottom