• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just can't handle unskippable cutscenes before boss fights!

RCU005

I'm playing FF7 Remake on PS5. I am currently doing a hard play through and I'm in Chapter 17. The only thing I need to do to get the platinum is to finish the game on hard. Two more chapters to go, but then...

I'm stuck with Jenova. I can't even touch her! But the most infuriating thing is that the checkpoint is before rescuing Shinra's president and it's so slow. Why do they design bosses like this?!! Have they not learned after 30 years of the existence of gaming?!

When I played the top secret bosses, it took me like 100 times to beat them, but at least you lost, hit retry and were right in the action again. It's so dreadful having to walk SLOWLY to the presiden, wait until Cloud wants to cross his arm, keep waiting until the president say two or three more lines, and only then the cutscene triggers to let me skip it!

The only reason I just can't beat jenova, is that! I don't mind if it took me 500 tries, but why did they put the hardest boss behind a extremely bad checkpoint?! So far it has been the only boss like that. All others let you get back into the action immediately, by either put you in the action, or skip a cutscene immediately.

I really don't know if I'll have the patience to do this. I only have two more chapters, but it really is making me want to quit!

Last edited:

SpokkX

I can't handle unskippable cutscenes at all.
Yeah this is more of a general issue… especially in story heavy games

in fact i prefer as little cutscenes as possible… do some intro, perhaps after a big event or two and at the end

metroid dread and prime 1 did this well. Halo infinite definately seems to follow this rulebook too

mitch1971

Castlevania (lord of the shadows?) has a cut scene right just as you got to an opening for a hard section. It would then play a slow sweaping cutscene and then I could move. Once dead it would spawn me outside the door. I'd walk back in to be shown the same slow pan again. Never knew why the cut scene was needed.

The old jedi game had an excrutiating cut scene that would pan all around the room i was heading for and then rest on the exit. Thing is it was a boss room with the rankor. On hard it was tough, so each death I would get the same fecking cutscene.

The scenes were not long on their own but collectively after death upon death they grinded my gears.

Top Bottom