• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just made a Super Saiyan omelette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiktor

I don't cook boring omletes. Not since I've learned the truth about the superiority of frittatas.
3743_l.jpg

1/2 tsp sugar
1 tblsp oil
Pinch salt
Pepper

1.5 cups peppers/onions/mushrooms/spinach into pan with above ingredients and stir fry til u get caramelization

Remove that shit

Oil
Handful of pepperjack cheese (shredded)
Chives

Scramble 2 eggs and fry it with little more oil, try to get some curdles

When the top starts to set dump veg then cheese and let it melt add chives and that's it

way more

Disgusting.

Learn to make the Gordon Ramsay omelette

l.jpg

Watch more cooking shows and learn how to cook you moran.

Brakke

Banned
Don't eat meals at the computer. That's sad.

Take a moment. Use your meal time for reflection and consideration. Unplug, dude.

Seanspeed

Banned
I don't cook boring omletes. Not since I've learned the truth about the superiority of frittatas.
3743_l.jpg
These are great, but they are not quick food, which is a necessity for breakfast most days.

Still, they're fantastic for throwing together a bunch of leftover vegetables and whatever.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
These are great, but they are not quick food, which is a necessity for breakfast most days.
This is the thing that baffles me the most about the "breakfast" burrito.

I mean, that shit takes about the same time to make as a full meal. What gives?

Escargo

That's not an omelette at all.

And OP did you fold that before eating it? You probably didn't need the knife either since it's so thin.
Ok, I'll stop my judgements. I hoped you enjoyed.

Escargo

Disgusting.

Learn to make the Gordon Ramsay omelette

l.jpg

Watch more cooking shows and learn how to cook you moran.

Isn't that a Chinese dish? Is that the joke about Gordan Ramsay since he likes to make his scrambled eggs runny?
It actually goes really well when mixed in rice. Its definitely not an omelette.

Seanspeed

Banned
This is the thing that baffles me the most about the "breakfast" burrito.

I mean, that shit takes about the same time to make as a full meal. What gives?
Breakfast burritos can be pretty quick.

Fry up scrambled eggs with whatever other ingredients you want in a pan. Pop a tortilla in the microwave to warm it up. Throw cooked ingredients on tortilla, sprinkle with cheese/salsa and roll it up!

I guess if you're doing it all properly in the oven or whatever, it can take a while but you don't have to do it that way.

Chorizo, potato, egg. Chopping and dicing those potatoes take time, so does frying them to perfection along the rest of the ingredients.

It strikes me as delicious, but too labour intensive for breakfast.
Ah well, potatoes, sure. You don't need potatoes, though.

way more

looks like someone just took a shit on my plate

fuck me

Sorry.

Scrambled_9.jpg

some-sort-of-scrambled.jpg

Me and other on GAF are what we call "foodies" and we like "Ramsay Eggs." Have you heard of them?

Gordan Ramsay is a chef with restaurants internationally but on GAF he's sort of known for making scrambled eggs. Watch him make these eggs and cook them for less time than normal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUP7U5vTMM0

Any chef who has an international empire of restaurants would love to be known for teaching video game players to cook their scrambled eggs for less.

The Thomas Keller Tuna-wich

The Rick Bayless Chalupa

The David Chang Porkito

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
1511432_1015263336482ttsvw.jpg

beat two eggs (three if you want it thicker/fluffier) with salt, pepper, chives, and dried chili.
heat up a small wedge of butter at medium
put in egg, let it cook through the bottom
while the top is still a wee bit gooey, add cherry tomatoes, goats cheese, and parmasen to one half
fold over, lightly fry both sides so the cheese and tomatoes heat through
serve with some fried smoked chorizo
~bliss

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Sorry.

Scrambled_9.jpg

Me and other on GAF are what we call "foodies" and we like "Ramsay Eggs." Have you heard of them?

Gordan Ramsay is a chef with restaurants internationally but on GAF he's sort of known for making scrambled eggs. Watch him make these eggs and cook them for less time than normal

Any chef who has an international empire of restaurants would love to be known for teaching video game players to cook their scrambled eggs for less.

The Rick Bayless Chalupa

The David Chang Porkito

Ramsay's scrambled eggs are legendary. That piece of snot you posted earlier is not. Also, listing his restaurants does not contribute anything; if it looks horrible, I will say it looks horrible, the person who made them can own all the restaurants in the world for all I care, if you serve me this:

l.jpg

I will not eat it. It looks absolutely horrible.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Sorry.

Scrambled_9.jpg

The Rick Bayless Chalupa

The David Chang Porkito

You can be a foody and dislike overly runny eggs. I personally find the combination of taste and texture of undercooked eggs utterly disgusting. That doesn't mean I like dry and coarse omelettes.

Also, scrambled eggs have fuck all to do with omelettes besides using eggs as the main ingredient.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Chorizo, potato, egg. Chopping and dicing those potatoes takes time, so does frying them to perfection along the rest of the ingredients.

It strikes me as delicious, but too labour intensive for breakfast.
True, but for the weekends it's great. Though, it's not that much time. Making a fresh salsa takes longer than the potatoes.

Doc_Drop

OP...my days, as a picky eater do not try and dictate how to make food as you'll make a fool of yourself. I speak from experience having been quite a picky eater. That's a poor omelette, no omelette game.

way more

1511432_1015263336482ttsvw.jpg

beat two eggs (three if you want it thicker/fluffier) with salt, pepper, chives, and dried chili.
heat up a small wedge of butter at medium
put in egg, let it cook through the bottom
while the top is still a wee bit gooey, add cherry tomatoes, goats cheese, and parmasen to one half
fold over, lightly fry both sides so the cheese and tomatoes heat through
serve with some fried smoked chorizo
~bliss

hmmm. Kind of a more of a fan of the rolled french omelette, it's not so dry. That way you don't have to rely on ingredients to compensate for lack of skill.

Xp0HAYv.jpg

H2FInrz.jpg

YHbQJvX.jpg

It's a little trickery to prepare but, well you know . . .

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
hmmm. Kind of a more of a fan of the rolled french omelette, it's not so dry. That way you don't have to rely on ingredients to compensate for lack of skill.

I love a good rolled French omelette. But if the ingredients in a stuffed omelette are there just to compensate you're doing it wrong. Keep the temp low-med, manage your egg quantity versus ingredients, and know when to flip / take it out of the pan and the delicious fluffy egg flavour never leaves.

Three eggs is ideal though. The pic above is the only one I have and I miscalculated the size of the pan with two eggs.

Isn't that a Chinese dish? Is that the joke about Gordan Ramsay since he likes to make his scrambled eggs runny?
It actually goes really well when mixed in rice. Its definitely not an omelette.

yes you are right on both counts. It looks like the sauce of Cantonese Sar Hor Fun - and is a joke about the runny ramsey scrambled eggs.

That looks pretty meh, OP.

I like my omelettes thick and wet, with the cheese mixed in before adding the mixture to the pan, then I add partially pre-fried sausage and/or bacon. The only other thing I add is pepper, no salt, the cheddar cheese I use is already salty enough.

way more

You can be a foody and dislike overly runny eggs. I personally find the combination of taste and texture of undercooked eggs utterly disgusting. That doesn't mean I like dry and coarse omelettes.

Also, scrambled eggs have fuck all to do with omelettes besides using eggs as the main ingredient.

You don't deserve to be called a foodie. We have lots of foodies GAF so we should know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom