• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just moved into a new place, what should be on the list of things to do in the first few days?

KrakenIPA

Any tips for a new resident? Its a 3 bedroom 2.5 bathroom, its kind of nice. I feel blessed, but I haven't been in this situation lately, so I'm looking for some pointers from you all about settling in.

KrakenIPA

Check the plumbing.
The plumbing seems okay, toilet hardware can use an update, and the bathroom sinks need to be cleared of residuals (hair and grime), but the water heater and washing machine seem to be in good working order.

KrakenIPA

Set up your console and play games.
I am getting my furniture out of storage on the 30th, so I have no TV stand, but my Vizio sits on the floor with my PS4 on a box waiting to be revved up. I'm currently rekindling my relationship with my movie collection on my laptop until I get the internet set up.

KrakenIPA

Start cracking into those walls, floors and ceilings to identify any hidden listening devices or other surveillance equipment.
Oh, I am a very curious type of guy, but I figure that these days, if someone wanted to scrutinize my day-to-day, they've got the kind of devices that won't be found by a standard sweep. I'm definetly not cracking drywall, it's way more work than it's worth, and everyone's got skeletons in the closet. Besides, my shop-vac is in storage until Wednesday.

KrakenIPA

Masturbate in each and every room.
CgSG.gif

KrakenIPA

Open Tinder and/or Grindr.
Oh I've been looking for a gal in the area for sure, but it's not a great grouping. Honestly I have stayed away from online dating because of negative data, and other factors. I should probably get back into it though.

First date? Running in the park!

KrakenIPA

Get to know your neighbors. Throw a party or a bbq and invite them over. Being friends with your neighbors will help cut down on the angry door knocking and visits from the cops.
Yeah, we've got Labor Day coming up, I'm sure that will be a block party, I might walk around a bit. What do you think about a garage sale? I can sell my stuff to folks and also talk about how I got all this stupid crap.

Star-Lord

Yeah, we've got Labor Day coming up, I'm sure that will be a block party, I might walk around a bit. What do you think about a garage sale? I can sell my stuff to folks and also talk about how I got all this stupid crap.
Sounds good in theory, just don't mention the mementos you collected from your victim's apartments.

Winter John

Gold Member

Sure. Why not. Getting to know the people who've lived there for years is about the best thing you can do

Saiyan-Rox

Changing the locks is something I am thinking I should definetly invest in.

I'll hopefully be moving into my own home at the end of September and no longer renting and it's the first thing I'll be doing.

You've no idea who lived in there before you and if they made copies of the keys before handing them over.

KrakenIPA

I'll hopefully be moving into my own home at the end of September and no longer renting and it's the first thing I'll be doing.

You've no idea who lived in there before you and if they made copies of the keys before handing them over.
Indeed, if I was a new home owner, I would definitely factor in new door handles and deadbolts in the cost. I am a renter so I'm just a 'little' concerned about that thing. Also I sleep lightly, especially in a new place, and in a few days, we'll have an old dog that does the same.

thegame983

Aquire some adult human female urine and sprinkle it ever so slightly in every room in the house. Then, in the future, should you bring any ladies home they will smell the scent of your recent conquests and they will know that you are a man to be taken seriously.

KrakenIPA

Aquire some adult human female urine and sprinkle it ever so slightly in every room in the house. Then, in the future, should you bring any ladies home they will smell the scent of your recent conquests and they will know that you are a man to be taken seriously.
Genuis, maybe I'll try that after i get settled a bit.

KrakenIPA

I mean you'll see what needs to be done quickly from just spending a few nights there. I've not sabotaged your place! Unless you want me to, for insurance money or whatnot.
Oh you, im sure you would fold towels and replace candleware on exit after sabotage.

Spaceman292

Banned
It's a nice neighborhood, the park nearby has a 1.5 mile track, and I'm looking forward to getting back into running sprints. It's probably better than the bar (as far as finding a nice gal).
Highest on your list of things to do should be to stop using the word 'gal'

Lady Jane

Banned
Making welcoming bathrooms. Matching set of rugs, hang art, have a plunger, toilet wand, and trash can (with a lid) next to every toilet, and a soap dispenser next to the sinks.

KrakenIPA

Making welcoming bathrooms. Matching set of rugs, hang art, have a plunger, toilet wand, and trash can (with a lid) next to every toilet, and a soap dispenser next to the sinks.
I have never had so many bathrooms to make welcoming, but I will try it out. Thanks for the good advice!

Top Bottom