• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

i know theres not many of you here...but to people who dont like nu-sony style games, which series do you find the most boring to play?

which?

• God of war

• Uncharted

• Tlou

• Spiderman

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nethernova

As poll, which of the aforementioned games/series do you not vibe with the most out of these mega popular games?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I think I just disliked TLOU2. Uncharted games were between meh and fun, and I had a great time with God of War.

Haven't played Spiderman, as it doesn't appeal to me.

ps: not in the poll, but Days Gone and HZD made me sleep. But maybe that's because open world games are not usually my thing.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Love them all. But sure I'll rank them.

Last of Us >>>>>> God of War >> Uncharted > Spiderman.

Basically Last of Us stands on its own as untouchable, followed by God of War and then the rest.

Spiderman is the best of the Sony Open worlds

brian0057

Banned
The Last of Us, by a mile.
None of the four series are my favorite but TLOU is the only one that bored me to death.
If I wanted to play a survival horror with good stealth gameplay, better crafting (Seriously, fuck those scissors shivs. Give him a fucking knife and be done with it), and a female protagonist, I'll play Alien: Isolation instead.

Banned
well Uncharted is literally designed for braindead players.
so it has to be that. (although all of them are very dumbed down, God of War to a way lesser degree but still)

the game quite literally fakes challenge as in it makes you think you can fuck up a jump or a situation when in reality it's all designed so you can't do anything wrong. and even in places where you could fuck up a jump the game makes suuuper sure that you don't by having a semi scripted jumping mechanic that extends or shortens jumps automatically in order to make even the easiest platforming parts easier still.

it's the Transfomers Movie franchise of the gaming world. zero substance and 100% eyecandy.

Last edited:

Banned
I can't decide cuz I literally have not finished any game on that list.

Yeah, interactive movies aren't for me.

see that's where I'm different, I'm kind of a masochist sometimes by simply being too curious.
I played through Uncharted 4 simply so I can be sure I can confidently say it is a bad game... and it is... it's a disgrace to the art of game design

Last edited:

Kupfer

Didn't play Spiderman because it looks sooo boring. Out of the games I played (I played the other 3 from start to finish), GoW was the most boring one. I loved the old GoW games, but this slow paced Dark Souls like God-Daddy simulation was just too much boredom. I played through it because it cost me like 50€ but I was glad it was over.

Last edited:

Batiman

Banned
Just finally started tlou2 and the first couple hours is some boring ass shit. So I’ll go with that. Spider-Man gets a little boring as well after the fun of swinging wears out. Uncharted is always pretty fun but 4 dragged on way too much. GOW isn’t boring in the slightest

What's a Sony-styled game? Their exclusives cover a ton.

Ghost of Tsushima, Ratchet and Clank, Spider-Man, Wipeout, Astrobot, Bloodborne, Killzone, MLB The Show, God of War, LittleBigPlanet, The Last Guardian, Persona, Dreams, etc.

I guess if you ONLY care about online bro-shooters, you're lacking for PlayStation exclusives, but just about everything else is covered- not even counting multi-platform games.

Last edited:

Brigandier

I found TLOU2 incredibly boring, felt like it dragged on way too long. It was just not very good compared to the original and considering how long it took to develop it was really dissapointing.

Poll needs HZD and Days Gone!!

TLOU by far. Played a plague tale innocence a couple months ago and thought how that game is quite similar and is leaps and bounds better than TLOU in almost every way but don't hear many people talking about it.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
That’s a super hard choice between tlou and Spider-Man but tlou wins because Spider-Man is at least Spider-Man after all.

bxrz

Spider-Man. Wow that game was gassed up. I struggled to get through that one. I played MM for like 1 hour and started Nioh 2

God of War is A+

Uncharted and TLOU are around the same (even though TLOU2 was trash)

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I like Uncharted, TLoU (1) writing, but that's about it. I find GoW and Spiderman really good, tho.

Fbh

I like Sony games, and their exclusives are the main reason I still want to get a Ps5 in the future.
With that said I don't like the modern Naughty Dog Style. Ever since TLOU turned into a big success it seems like story has become the main focus at the studio, but it has just made their games less fun to play.

Best way I could describe it is that in games like Uncharted 2 it felt like the story was there to serve the gameplay, and in games like TLOU2 and Uncharted 4 the gameplay is there to serve the story.
That's not to say that their modern games have worse core gameplay, if anything it's other way around. But improved core mechanics only take you so far when your games have painfully bad pacing and gameplay sections are designed primarily to fit the story instead of making the most out of their mechanics.

It's specially true for Uncharted 4. The game cut back the number of combat encounters and cool setpiece moments and replaced them with soooooooooo many areas of barely interactive walking around and looking at stuff.
Uncharted 2 felt like a game where they had a bunch of cool ideas for encounters and fun setpiece moments, and then they went and made it so the story would give them context. Uncharted 4 felt like they had a bunch of ideas of things they wanted to make with the story, and then they went and made boring "gameplay" sections to fit those.

Last edited:
I was disappointed with TLOU2, U4 was just super boring. Never played the other uncharted games other than the Lost legacy which I am having some fun with

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
All games suffer from boredom at some point those games are some of the best Sony and all of gaming has to offer Microsoft would love to have Kratos or Nathan Drake.

Vick

WTF games do people play when they say Spider-man or God of War were boring?
OP is not new to these "let's shits on Sony" Threads.. but this one is just something else entirely.

tenor.gif

Great way to start 2021.

Everything post TLOU. Third person action adventure, open-ish world, main mechanic is walking around, but wait you also get to bond with a stepchild or come to grips with adversity by doing menial tasks, sarcastic quips, shallow gameplay at the expense of really good production values. Oh and box and ladder puzzles.
Is that the only traversal option in BOTW? I must have hallucinated you could glide all over or skate on shields and other fun stuff.

UC4_SP_01_GIF.gif
gif-4.gif

431753187.jpg
219268687.jpg

Shallow gameplay GoW and Spider-Man, Jedi: Fallen Order and Batman Arkham are not even games.
Shallow gameplay TLOU, Resident Evil 2/3 Remakes are cutscenes.

Last edited:

Klayzer

OP is not new to these "let's shits on Sony" Threads..

But this one is just something else entirely.

tenor.gif

Great way to start 2021.
Trying a new way to frame an old favorite/sarcasm.

I hated TLoU2's narrative but found the gameplay pretty fun. TLoU1 was a legitimately great game on the strength of its narrative, its gameplay was fine. I've never been able to enjoy Uncharted on any level. I found the new God of War to be conceptually interesting but sort of boring, and the combat system was pretty pedestrian and didn't really sell Kratos as being particularly powerful. I haven't played Spider-Man.

I couldn't get into Horizon. I played Ghost of Tsushima for about two days before my PS5 arrived and I switched to Demon's Souls, but of Sony's recent output it's the game that seems most up my alley.

Wonko_C

Spider-Man being on that list feels like the odd one out because in that game you're actually playing during the first 5 minutes, while the others are walk 'n talk for the first half hour.

So I would choose the first TLOU as the most eggregious of them all. Three times I tried getting further but I just got bored and uninstalled the game.

Last edited:
Everything post TLOU. Third person action adventure, open-ish world, main mechanic is walking around, but wait you also get to bond with a stepchild or come to grips with adversity by doing menial tasks, sarcastic quips, shallow gameplay at the expense of really good production values. Oh and box and ladder puzzles.

Most of BOTW is walking, tho

Is that the only traversal option in BOTW? I must have hallucinated you could glide all over or skate on shields and other fun stuff.

Okay. I just don't get dismissing a game because it features a lot of walking, especially a game that's as much about forming a bond with another character as it is about combat and survival mechanics.

Top Bottom