• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I love PC Gaming

I'll just bump this thread instead of making a new one I guess.

PC gaming fucking slaps.

I got my own room to turn into a man cave/office when we moved this summer. And a few months later I became an owner of a nice new gaming rig. First gaming PC I had ever owned. First few months were mostly just Baldur's Gate 3, which was great. But recently the full scope of PC gaming is starting to reveal itself to me.

On console I really can only be into one game at a time, and it's usually the new hotness. On PC I can go play some random RTS game from 2005 and have a great time. I don't know why it feels different, on console I want to be part of a new hype cycle, but on PC it's really just about having fun in this single game session, and nothing else really matters. I'm playing like a half dozen different games right now, just whatever I feel like, whenever I feel like it. Something I could never do before.

Yesterday I was taking turns at Axis and Allies online, then booted up Rise of Nations for the first time ever, and had a great time. My nightcap was Bioshock remastered. It was a joy. My only issue is there is not enough time in the day. When I am at work I just want to get back and boot something up that catches my interest in the moment. I love controllers, and have always used them. But man, mouse and keyboard just open up so many different genres to play.

Also, I always heard about having to micromanage everything to play on PC: Graphic settings, updating drivers, etc. I have not run into that at all? Granted, I'm no graphics snob but I just put the settings to high and go about my business? If something needs to be updated it says update this, you click a button, and it happens? What are these roadblocks people always bring up, and when will I run into them?

But yea, anyway, PC gaming is amazing. I have a great leather chair, nice mounted TV with all three consoles hooked up on the other side of my office, and it has been hard to get them any playing time lately. The PC gaming hype is very real. Glad to finally be part of the master race.

Topher

Gold Member
I'll just bump this thread instead of making a new one I guess.

PC gaming fucking slaps.

I got my own room to turn into a man cave/office when we moved this summer. And a few months later I became an owner of a nice new gaming rig. First gaming PC I had ever owned. First few months were mostly just Baldur's Gate 3, which was great. But recently the full scope of PC gaming is starting to reveal itself to me.

On console I really can only be into one game at a time, and it's usually the new hotness. On PC I can go play some random RTS game from 2005 and have a great time. I don't know why it feels different, on console I want to be part of a new hype cycle, but on PC it's really just about having fun in this single game session, and nothing else really matters. I'm playing like a half dozen different games right now, just whatever I feel like, whenever I feel like it. Something I could never do before.

Yesterday I was taking turns at Axis and Allies online, then booted up Rise of Nations for the first time ever, and had a great time. My nightcap was Bioshock remastered. It was a joy. My only issue is there is not enough time in the day. When I am at work I just want to get back and boot something up that catches my interest in the moment. I love controllers, and have always used them. But man, mouse and keyboard just open up so many different genres to play.

Also, I always heard about having to micromanage everything to play on PC: Graphic settings, updating drivers, etc. I have not run into that at all? Granted, I'm no graphics snob but I just put the settings to high and go about my business? If something needs to be updated it says update this, you click a button, and it happens? What are these roadblocks people always bring up, and when will I run into them?

But yea, anyway, PC gaming is amazing. I have a great leather chair, nice mounted TV with all three consoles hooked up on the other side of my office, and it has been hard to get them any playing time lately. The PC gaming hype is very real. Glad to finally be part of the master race.

Welcome!

0D43E10D50F4D45471E7B95EA7FBF435A0876614

MikeM

Only beef with PC is not every game has achievements. Otherwise, its been a great albeit expensive ride back into PC!

Yeah, definitely my favourite platform. More choice, competitive pricing on games, compatibility, upgradability. Can use m&k on rts and isometric rpgs which I love.

It’s the best.

Top Bottom