• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

i need a straight answer - whats the status on motorstorm?!

delayed or not??? still launch window??? i dont feel like wading thru 30+ pages in the official sony gamer day thread.......so anyone who can post a link about motorstorms release status, it be greatly appreciated!

Speevy

Banned
sonycowboy says delayed, EBGamestop says delayed. Sony doesn't have it scheduled for this year except for in Japan. It's delayed.

it got delayed to 2007 and I was saying that all along. From the recent interview I thought it was obvious they were behind schedule. They didn't know how many players they would support online!

But it should be twice as good though. I hope they will increase the number of racers to 20 in single player and 16 in multiplayer

Zaptruder

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
it got delayed to 2007 and I was saying that all along. From the recent interview I thought it was obvious they were behind schedule. They didn't know how many players they would support online!

But it should be twice as good though. I hope they will increase the number of racers to 20 in single player and 16 in multiplayer

1-2 month delay now, better than 20 pages of bitching about whatever niggling problems weren't fixed at launch.

That said, it better be gold when it does come out!

March 2007!

PS3GameDates.jpg

frAntic_Frog said:
delayed or not??? still launch window??? i dont feel like wading thru 30+ pages in the official sony gamer day thread.......so anyone who can post a link about motorstorms release status, it be greatly appreciated!

I didn't think that Motorstorm was ever a launch game.

Ravidrath

A friend at work played this yesterday at Sony Santa Monica, and wasn't impressed by the gameplay at all... Said that it was too picky, and that a single mistake would usually result in failure and it just didn't feel good. Also said the game was having a hard time maintaining 30 FPS. The guy showing it to him at Sony agreed, and said it was just a good "screenshot game".

Guy has been a programmer on racing games for some time, so he's likely to be pickier than most, but either way it sounds like them taking more time with it is a good thing.

Zaptruder

Banned
speculawyer said:
March 2007!

<March 2007 PS3 release list>

That's going to be one ****ing nuts euro PS3 launch.

I think I'm going to start buying some PS3 software, just so I don't have to see a massive massive launch day bill :p

quetz67

Banned
If they use the delay to create some more diversity in tracks (or maybe go up to 1080p) I am all for it. If it only it is there at launch (europe that is)

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Ravidrath said:
The guy showing it to him at Sony agreed, and said it was just a good "screenshot game".
Thats funny becuase this game looks worse in screenshots, only video's do it justice.

Elios83

Well just fro once I'm happy about a delay.
It's better to release it in March but complete (with 12 tracks on disc and further optimizations) than rushing it to Christmas.

squicken

I'm sure some of those dates are placeholder. I'm guessing Burnout will be a fall title. And I can't believe EA is porting The Godfather to another system.

Sony just recently announced a 12/7 date for Japan. A bit strange that they would announce a date only to delay it a couple of weeks later.

Maybe Japan will get a gimped version since the Japanese PS3 lineup is so sparse.

But I'm personally all for a delay of a few months if it means they can make it even better.

Top Bottom