• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think Haze will actually fill a much-needed void on PS3

steve

Banned
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27705.html

Watch the vid. It's a terrific example of why Free Radical make great games, they have a sense of humour and know their stuff.

With that said, I'm really anticipating this as my first online co-op PS3 title. I've been waiting ever since I bought the system, for a game that catered to that particular aspect, and Haze is going to make it happen.

And OMG at the jungle level clip this video shows off.... best lighting ever in one particular scene? Perhaps...

Fatalah

Not knocking the game, but it definitely looks like PS3's answer to Halo3.

I love free radical and the way their games "feel". Is it really not coming out on the 360? :(

Yeah, they have a sense of humor, but how much of the Haze related stuff has been actually Haze related? Some clips, but most of it is focused on that dude. The marketing for this one is all over the place; Ubisoft pretty clearly don't know how to market it, and FRD is just being FRD. At some point, like soon, they need to get this in the right gear and market the game, and do it well. As someone who is somewhat interested in the game and who has a decent amount of experience in marketing design, it pains me to see them fumble with this one.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
:lol That's brilliant.
You guys should watch the booth demo they had with Gamespot @ E3 or TGS I think. It is freaking hilarious. They both look like they're mad drunk and say random shit. I was literally laughing my ass off for 10 minutes at work when I saw it.

Loudninja said:
Demo tommorow
Link? Confirmed or are you just effin with me Ninja?

steve

Banned
CoD4 doesn't have Co-Op, which was the whole point of my post.

Here's a shot of the jungle level on display in that vid...

hazejungle.jpg

I said wow.

I dont like the ps3 but "Haze will actually fill a much-needed void on PS3" is just wrong theres tons of great online games warhawk,fall of man,ut3,tf2.
whats wrong with them

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
steve said:
CoD4 doesn't have Co-Op, which was the whole point of my post.

Here's a shot of the jungle level on display in that vid...

hazejungle.jpg

I said wow.

Let the Framerate be with you....

stressboy

B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
I dont like the ps3 but "Haze will actually fill a much-needed void on PS3" is just wrong theres tons of great online games warhawk,fall of man,ut3,tf2.
whats wrong with them

For starters? tf2 and ut3 are not out yet.

steve

Banned
B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
whats wrong with them
Say it with me.

Online Co-Op.

None of those games feature it.

Slavik81

Have they ever mentioned k/m support?
I really hope UT3 isn't just some one-off for PS3 shooters supporting m/k.

Let's get this trend rolling to have it as an optional control scheme. Please!

sprocket

Banned
B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
whats wrong with them

What has the PS3 done to you? :(

Dante

The game gets a lot of unecessary hate because of their Halo comments, and also the exclusivity thing. Glad they are doing a demo.

steve

Banned
~Devil Trigger~ said:
Let the Framerate be with you....
In the video, the framerate during that scene is fine.

To be fair though, there's nothing really going on at that moment, so you could be right when things get hectic.

I know at the spot where they show the 4 player split screen, the game is bogging down fairly noticeably, but I don't play splitscreen, so that's not an issue for me, though it may be for others.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Aren't GRAW2 and Rainbow Six Vegas on PS3 with online co-op?

I don't know what those two have in terms of co-op, but Haze has 4-player online co-op through the actual campaign. I don't think any other game on the PS3 can claim that.

Elios83

With COD4 already out and UT2007 confirmed in December for the US market I doubt that ths game will be left with a lot of space but I want to be wrong because Free Radical deserves to have success.

Pandoras

steve said:
Say it with me.

Online Co-Op.

None of those games feature it.
actually i recall reading an article in OXM that said they would have 4 player Co-op for singleplayer and I believe its also online...

pswii60

Framerate looks poor in the vid but then it's old footage and Timesplitters was 60fps on PS2, so I'm confident FR can sort it out at get a steady 30.

Pandoras said:
actually i recall reading an article in OXM that said they would have 4 player Co-op four singleplayer and I believe its also online...

UT3? The SP in UT3 is basically MP with a story and ladder progression, so you'd be looking at objective based missions no matter which way you turn it. Haze has an actual campaign with 4-player co-op, in addition to objective based MP that hooks into the SP.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
OMG the phone call at the end was pure genius.
"I've got someone from the Assassin's Creed team asking for you"
"O Hiiii, Hiiiiiii...so what are you wearing?"

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

AltogetherAndrews said:
Yeah, it's totally like all other shooters. Do you guys ever tire of flaunting your ignorance?

ignorance? the game looks about as exciting as bread.

but never mind, i always forget you're moneyhatting the game. i'll just ignore you.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
TemplaerDude said:
but never mind, i always forget you're moneyhatting the game. i'll just ignore you.
Hey, garlic bread is very exciting...yum nom nom nom.

cicatriz said:
Why do people keep saying 4 player?

There are already online co-op supported PS3 titles but no, GRAW 2 and R6:Vegas were only 2 in campaign/story mode.

GRAW2 didn't have online co-op through the main campaign.

And people keep saying 4-player because that's what Haze features. 4-player co-op through the main campaign.

GeoramA

TemplaerDude said:

:lol

Where do these guys come from?

AltogetherAndrews said:
You probably should, as ignorance seems to come quite naturally for you.

hey, high five for blanket statements!

never mind the fact i've seen every video, read almost every preview and come to my conclusion based on cold hard facts, lets just call me ignorant and act like a dumbass for a game you get hard for!

steve

Banned
cicatriz said:
Why do people keep saying 4 player?

There are already online co-op supported PS3 titles but no, GRAW 2 and R6:Vegas were only 2 in campaign/story mode.

As far as I know, Haze allows you and 3 friends to team up and play through the entire single player campaign as a squad.

That's badass if the game is half decent.

Gattsu25

Banned
TemplaerDude said:

This is quite possibly the least intelligent post I've read all day

Top Bottom