• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think I'm about done watching unfinished TV series

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I can't wait to see Season 8 when it eventually comes out on Amazon for me to buy. I really wonder if it's as much a shit show as the internet is claiming.

I should really watch Lost at some point. Never got into it and never got past season 1.

oagboghi2

I'm disappointed by season 8 as well but this getting silly.

We are still talking about one of the best shows on television. Stop crying

I can't wait to see Season 8 when it eventually comes out on Amazon for me to buy. I really wonder if it's as much a shit show as the internet is claiming.

I should really watch Lost at some point. Never got into it and never got past season 1.

Dude, it really is. The drop in writing quality is unbelievable.

Editing, cinematography, visuals, acting are all amazing but the writing is so horrendous and had me going WTF so many time I just shook my head in disgust.

Pejo

It's kinda funny if you think about it. Most shows will keep going past original endings if the ratings are there, forcing writers into a bad spot to think of constantly increasing stakes (Supernatural). Most good shows with poor ratings will lose their funding making the late seasons worse from the onset and forcing very unsatisfying endings (Firefly). Very rarely do you get a great show that still has the viewers to get a budget and suits allowing it to not overstay its welcome.

Breaking Bad was that rare mythological beast that was able to tell its story as it wanted to without overstaying its welcome, and it's widely regarded as great TV. Wish we had more of that.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
how many tv shows have satisfying finishes? i saw the last episode of Cheers as a kid and remember getting kinda sad & they did this emo "turning out the lights one last time" thing. that was pretty good. but most shows i don't even think i've seen the final episode.

Seinfeld is my favorite show of all, and the ending was so bad, it was a 1 hour clip show (ugh) followed by a 1 hour "new episode" that was also mostly a clip show, just full of characters recounting things that had happened in earlier episodes. thematically, it was funny & sort of cathartic, the idea of them all going to jail, paying for all their faults as characters, finally paying for the horrible things they had done while acting like selfish, petulant, aimless people. but it was a motherfucking CLIP SHOW. (still props to LD for trolling the world)

for my favorite shows, the ending usually isn't that great, or it doesn't wrap anything up. the ending is not really important to me. it is the journey.

Last edited:
Top Bottom