• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think my dog can teleport.

TrainedRage

Banned
Ok hear me out, I swear im not going crazy...

My house is empty except for my 7 month old English Bulldog, Floyd and me. I decide to go for a motorcycle ride because its such a beautiful day. I make sure Floyd is upstairs, the front and side doors are locked. I have a gate set up at the top of the stairs so he wont freely roam downstairs. I say bye to him, close the gate go downstairs and leave through the garage.

So about an hour and a half I come back. I go in through the garage door and enter the basement. I find Floyd sitting downstairs with a shit eating grin on his face. I am saying to myself, "um how the hell did you get down here"?
I go to check the gate to the stairs... Its closed. all the doors are still locked.

How the fuck did my dog end up downstairs???

Like, did the little fucker run into the gate so hard he forced it open while avoiding falling down the stairs while magically shutting the gat behind him???
Did he straight up jump over the 4 foot gate and all the way down the stairs?

Or does he have the ability to manipulate time and space to his will and teleport?

TrainedRage

Banned
WOULD YOU TRUST HIM?????????
f9ILWwl.jpg

GAMETA

Banned
He is a lazy uncoordinated bulldog. He is strong for sure but that gate latches itself. I would say his MAX jump is like 15 inches.

Well, I don't know. I know my beagle (and she's fat) can do crazy things for food :messenger_tears_of_joy:

One way or the other, it's risky to have the gate there. If he is indeed jumping over (which is the most likely option) he can easily hurt himself rolling down the stairs.

TrainedRage

Banned
Well, I don't know. I know my beagle (and she's fat) can do crazy things for food :messenger_tears_of_joy:

One way or the other, it's risky to have the gate there. If he is indeed jumping over (which is the most likely option) he can easily hurt himself rolling down the stairs.
Yeah you could be right. It may be time to take the gate down if this little guy thinks he can just go flying.

TrainedRage

Banned
imagine not aspiring to be a psychomaniac
Did you know Jack wasn't the bad guy? It was little Danny.
You see Jack had no idea about his ability to shine, as no one ever explained it to him as a child. This is seen by Jack as a decent into madness.
While in reality Danny was shining these terrible images and feelings into his fathers head. Deliberate or not, Danny caused Jacks mental break.
Jack uses alcohol to numb his shine but while at the hotel there is no booze so Jack is just seen as going crazy.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
You see Jack had no idea about his ability to shine, as no one ever explained it to him as a child. This is seen by Jack as a decent into madness.
While in reality Danny was shining these terrible images and feelings into his fathers head. Deliberate or not, Danny caused Jacks mental break.
maybe jack should have learned some individual responsibility

Jack uses alcohol to numb his shine but while at the hotel there is no booze so Jack is just seen as going crazy.

So it's essentially a story about an alcoholic father that is driven crazy by his kid.

2Yht.gif

TrainedRage

Banned
So it's essentially a story about an alcoholic father that is driven crazy by his kid.

2Yht.gif
That was my take on it. You see that Jack has the ability to Shine when he escapes the locked freezer. In Dr. Sleep Danny HAS to drink to keep the 'voices' out of his head. I imagine like his father did.
Danny used his very powerful ability to indirectly manipulate his father. Even his mother. Using mental projection to scare them both.

there was a great video about it but I cant seem to find it...

starts at like 4:10. I don't agree with his take on the dog mask guy but I think the theory is sound.

Last edited:
Top Bottom