• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I want a Lost Odyssey PC port

XrIX4RO.jpg

From Wikipedia said:
Lost Odyssey (ロストオデッセイ Rosuto Odessei?) is a 2007 role-playing video game developed by Mistwalker and feelplus and published by Microsoft Game Studios for the Xbox 360. The player takes control of Kaim, a man who has lived for a thousand years and who has no memory of his past. The game is set in a world nearing a "magical industrial revolution." Kaim struggles with the return of his memories and the pain they bring. Many of these memories are presented to the player in the style of visual novels.
The plot of Lost Odyssey was written by Hironobu Sakaguchi, the creator of the famed Final Fantasy series. This is his third project outside of Square Enix, following ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat and Blue Dragon.

It was a fantastic game that I'm sure would pay the port costs if it was brought to PC. I don't have my X360 anymore and as it was MS exclusive I feel like it's such a waste not being able to play this again.

Fantastic game, great story, word class OST (check the main theme), built for a system that is close enough to PC architecture. I think it's just a missed oportunity with all the squenix FF ports and the massive hype that Dragon's Dogma PC port has, to not take the chance to make something with it.

GHG

It's not happening.

Microsoft aren't even adding it to BC on the Xbox One, never mind a full blown PC port.

-MD-

Lost Odyssey might've been the closest I've come to crying from a video game.

Those short stories were beautiful, I'd support it on PC for sure.

It was a fantastic game that I'm sure would pay the port costs if it was brought to PC. I don't have my X360 anymore and as it was MS exclusive I feel like it's such a waste not being able to play this again.

Fantastic game, great story, word class OST (check the main theme), built for a system that is close enough to PC architecture. I think it's just a missed oportunity with all the squenix FF ports and the massive hype that Dragon's Dogma PC port has, to not take the chance to make something with it.

I'm with you with this, I really liked LO, but unfortunately, we will never see a PC port, because it was funded by Microsoft, and I think MS isn't really interested to bring it to the PC.

Skulldead

I would take a sequel, but Mistwalker saw the potential of Mobile games, i don't think they are going back to make big budget RPG on console for a couple of years...

Mitch

Banned
My old roommates mistakingly took my 360 copy years ago. So I've never finished the game. Would welcome a PC port.

KainXVIII

Too bad that MS don't care at all about PC gaming, we have higher chance to get some PS2-3-4 exclusive that something from xbox.

I found the game to be utterly bland but obviously, a PC version wouldn't harm anyone and apparently, people did enjoy it. I'm 90% positive the game was well received because hardly any noteworthy JRPGs were relased around that time. Turned out, it wasn't noteworthy either.

Jolkien

Phil Spencer went on record, he'd like the game be added to Xbox One BC but at they were having problem with disc swap games or something to that effect.

It'll probably happen the question is how long.

Tizoc

We all do?
I mean Steam is one way to preserve games, and it's a shame that this game would not be accessible to many consumers who aren't interested in getting a 360 for the game.

Plus it'd mean good income for the publisher during Steam sales.

Kapi96

+1 to this.

Even an Xbox One port would be fantastic (would prefer actual port rather than BC), but PC even better. Easily one of the best RPGs from last gen.

Rellik

Phil Spencer went on record, he'd like the game be added to Xbox One BC but at they were having problem with disc swap games or something to that effect.

I hope so. I kept my disc copy to use for BC on the Xbox One. But I'd happily buy again on the PC too.

Add me to the list of people who want a Lost Odyssey port ... just because i have one of those copies for X360, where the last disc doesn't work.
Was a damn joy, after spending so much time with the game, to find out that i can't finish the darn game.

While you're at it, throw Blue Dragon in, too!

Skulldead

having problem with disc swap ? Mass effect 2 was not 2 disk at launch on 360 ? I thought i was one of the first game to have bc ? another bulshit PR call...

syoaran

Would happily pay for a full price PC port of this epic. Art style wasn't my thing - but it produced some amazing moments with a fantastic story. Also a dual-audio JRPG, which I was really impressed by at the time.

Kapi96

Add me to the list of people who want a Lost Odyssey port ... just because i have one of those copies for X360, where the last disc doesn't work.
Was a damn joy, after spending so much time with the game, to find out that i can't finish the darn game.

While you're at it, throw Blue Dragon in, too!

Boil the last disc, worked for me.

Just chuck it in a saucepan of water and boil it for a few minutes. Take it out, dry it off and see if it works, if not try boiling it a bit longer.

Boil the last disc, worked for me.

Just chuck it in a saucepan of water and boil it for a few minutes. Take it out, dry it off and see if it works, if not try boiling it a bit longer.
Tried that multiple times back then, no success ...

XOne BC, PC port ... they should just rerelease the game, so i can finish what i started. ^^

Jolkien

My last disc never function properly, I had to borrow a friend's copy to install the last disc data and then play with my copy. If it comes as a BC title I really hope they'll allow us to get it digitally, I'll be buying it the second it becomes available.

I loved that game so much.

My last disc never function properly, I had to borrow a friend's copy to install the last disc data and then play with my copy. If it comes as a BC title I really hope they'll allow us to get it digitally, I'll be buying it the second it becomes available.

I loved that game so much.

all bc titles are downloaded, not installed from the disc

Would love this, but what are the chances of it realistically happening

Phil Spencer has said he would like to eventually bring 360 titles (via emulation) to PC. I think chances of that happening sometime are decent.

A native port though? I wouldn't put money down on it especially since the rights are apparently a little complicated for Lost Odyssey.

Top Bottom