• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I want all of you guys to buy "Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise"

Barsinister

Banned
how are the "ken's rage" games on the pstriple ? 1 and 2 ? their prices have gone up.

I got the first one a week ago or so. It is typical "Dynasty Warriors" fare. But, the theme makes the game more manly, thus infinitely more enjoyable than even the "Zelda" one.

Elenchus

Banned
It is. It plays itself like a parody of its source material.

Got hyped when I heard this was coming. Then saw the footage of Ken mixing drinks and dancing. So disappointed. Why not just follow the source material? Could have been an epic game.

Then again my experience was the movie mainly. Is this the tone of the anime series? If so I guess it’s fine for those who dig it.

Got hyped when I heard this was coming. Then saw the footage of Ken mixing drinks and dancing. So disappointed. Why not just follow the source material? Could have been an epic game.

Then again my experience was the movie mainly. Is this the tone of the anime series? If so I guess it’s fine for those who dig it.

For the tv series, after the initial glut of original episodes(Which has some wacky shit during those early episodes) it is mostly serious and quite dark much of the time, but you'll still run across weird gags and such strewn throughout. It has some truly dumb stuff but you won't see someone like Ken go out of character for the sake of it. You'd have to read the comic if you wanted to experience the series with a tone akin to the movie though.

That said, for this game most of the silly shit you saw pertains to the mini games and side quests, which are essentially Yakuza-lite stuff and feature goofy characters and dialogue. The game does have a core story that's attempting to be serious and (very) loosely covers certain events from the series; otherwise it's an original story and kinda garbage at that.

The game is fun but the side quests, minigames and such are the best parts imo. If you don't like that stuff and just wanna beat the shit out of people while following the source material with a more serious presentation, then Ken's Rage 2 is more that game.

Last edited:

blackjon24

I think it's clear a lot of people liking the game because it's another yakuza and they don't give a rats ass about the source material. I've only played the game for a bit and it's clearly a decent game but to me it doesn't quite feel like an authentic fist of the northstar experience.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
This is the only game that makes me wish I didn't sell my PS4

Hopefully I can play it on PS5 BC

Barsinister

Banned
Don't get hung up on the story details. If it helps, I always take adaptions as a sort of "Rashomon", type deal. Or, if you prefer, the episode of "Next Generation" where Riker is on that planet and gets charged with the murder of that scientist. The scientist's wife was all warm for his form and everybody's account of the incident is different.

RavageX

Recently finished this game, and I bought because I'm a fan of the Yakuza series, and I kinda like Fist of the North Star and want to show support.

However if I am honest, it's clear the same amount of effort wasn't put into this game. Not saying it was bad, but so far my least favorite of it's type. The combat was perfect in my opinion...it's just everything else that was lacking.

Really though, coming up with an original story and a city setting that works for FOTNS couldn't have been easy.

blackjon24

Recently finished this game, and I bought because I'm a fan of the Yakuza series, and I kinda like Fist of the North Star and want to show support.

However if I am honest, it's clear the same amount of effort wasn't put into this game. Not saying it was bad, but so far my least favorite of it's type. The combat was perfect in my opinion...it's just everything else that was lacking.

Really though, coming up with an original story and a city setting that works for FOTNS couldn't have been easy.

Maybe i'll give it another chance but as a much bigger fan of FONS compared to yakuza it just felt like they just wanted to have another yakuza game and used fist of the north star to try to make it spice up the yakuza series as opposed to starting from the ground up as a fist of the north star game.

Stuff like kenshiro mixing cocktails and hostess club mini games just felt that downright not Fist of the north star to me

Last edited:
I think I would enjoy this fame, so I'll ptobably be picking it up soon. Big fan of the Yakuza series. Been meaning to finish Judgment's final chapter which is my GOTY.

Gargus

Banned
Got bored with it by Chapter 4. Way too many cut scenes and even more dialogue scenes and the combat wasn't engaging.

I finished it but man was it a chore. Half way through I stopped doing all the side stuff because it was too tedious. And God damn I hated the driving parts.

At first I loved it but I just got bored of it rather quickly.

I've finally played the game and it's dope.
The only trophies I need are the Rhythm Game, the Talismans Maxed out and the Skills maxed out, but the former is nigh on impossible to do, and the latter two take hundreds of hours to grind.

That's the only negatives I have about the game. Otherwise it is great!

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
It's only 20€ on Amazon so I might just grab it. Or are there any chances of this coming to PC?

Also... I never watched the anime. Would I like the game or does it rely on the nostalgia factor?

Better yet... Where can I watch the anime?

It's only 20€ on Amazon so I might just grab it. Or are there any chances of this coming to PC?

Also... I never watched the anime. Would I like the game or does it rely on the nostalgia factor?

Better yet... Where can I watch the anime?

Game is its own thing and uses a lot of the Yakuza Engine and side stories. You will be fine playing it with no knowledge of the Anime (like I did).

No idea. I think maybe Netflix?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Game is its own thing and uses a lot of the Yakuza Engine and side stories. You will be fine playing it with no knowledge of the Anime (like I did).

No idea. I think maybe Netflix?
Oh, it has the same formula as the Yakuza games? Lots of cinematics, minigames, and side stories? That would be awesome.

if you watch this you'll know everything.

I'll probably won't watch that whole video because I fancy watching the entire anime, but man, the little I've sawn looks cool as fuck.

Top Bottom