• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I want all of you guys to buy "Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise"

Kazza

Just like Valkyria Chronicles 4, another great game that mostly got ignored.
giphy.gif

To think broken ass game like Fallout 76 sells more than these two fantastic games.

It's a shame if true, because Sega even went to the bother of adding an English dub. Unlike Yakuza 6, this could be ported to Switch fairly easily (just reduce the resolution a little and halve the framerate to 30 fps). Hopefully that and a steam version could give it a little boost.

That makes me even more sad. I wish both Lost Paradise and VC4 got the attention they deserved.

Wasn't Colonial Marines also made by Sega? Lesson for Sega: make more games like Colonial Marines and fewer like FotNS and VK4 :messenger_loudly_crying:

Barsinister

Banned
Just want to update you guys.

I got the "Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage" game yesterday. It is not as visceral as the Lost Paradise game. You do get to punch a lot more baddies, though. I kind of went crazy with the buy 2 get one free used game deal at GameStop. I bought ten games.

Still, buy the Lost Paradise game. It will be good for your soul.

Enjay

Banned
If you've played the demo you've already experienced everything the game has to offer. The only thing the full release offers you is fatigue for everything the demo provided.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
If you've played the demo you've already experienced everything the game has to offer. The only thing the full release offers you is fatigue for everything the demo provided.
What!!? The game has tons cool boss fights and funny side quests. Did you played same game!!?

Enjay

Banned
The boss fights are the same as the regular battles except made "difficult" by having them use invincible frames.

Danjin44

The boss fights are the same as the regular battles except made "difficult" by having them use invincible frames.
Sorry I don’t agree, I especially liked fight with
Raoh and Toki fully power.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Game seemed sent to die but I'm definitely getting it if it comes to a platform I own like Yakuza 0. I watched the 80s anime (yeah, not the manga, okay) last year and it's fantastic, both badass and a parody.

Last edited:

Produce

Bought Lost Paradise here in Australia after a massive $50 price drop at JB HiFi (local home entertainment retailer). Great start to the new year I think.

kingbean

I plan on getting the game when it comes to PC. It looks awesome. My friend is a big fan of the Anime so we're probably going to play it together. We're currently playing Final Fantasy 7 because he's never beaten it despite beating every other FF mainline game but 7 and 12.

Vitacat

I plan on getting the game when it comes to PC. It looks awesome. My friend is a big fan of the Anime so we're probably going to play it together. We're currently playing Final Fantasy 7 because he's never beaten it despite beating every other FF mainline game but 7 and 12.
Is it confirmed to be coming to PC?

Barsinister

Banned
Everyone must buy Lost Paradise. It will make you feel maximum manly. And in no other game can you drive around in the desert wasteland and listen to songs like this for maximum manly :

This is truth. I see P Produce has already started sprouting new chest hairs. He's got a full beard and just shaved yesterday!

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Just like Valkyria Chronicles 4, another great game that mostly got ignored.
giphy.gif

To think broken ass game like Fallout 76 sells more than these two fantastic games.

Same feelings with my most hated game ever.

H2x1_NSwitchDS_Fortnite_image1600w.jpg

Open your eyes Gamers, there is more quality games that deserve it to play, stay alone from Fortnite for christ sake

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Yes, PLEASE buy this and enjoy it. It's so wonderful! I got wrapped up in RDR2 and Smash. But now that I beat those, I plan to resume this and finally complete it. :messenger_sunglasses:

I bought and enjoyed the game for the most part when it came out. For me it was mainly bolstered by doing the minigames and sidequests, as the actual main story is somewhere between comical and awful with at least one shockingly bad twist. Unfortunately the side content is like a fraction of what's offered in most Yakuza games. Still, it was kinda fun while it lasted, even though I think I spent the lasts everal hours of the game grinding Manager Ken so I could pay off both debts, then delete the game. =P

Aenima

I will. since it was announced its in my to buy list, but is not a priority.

You should also take a look at all Yakuza games. They were made by the same dev team.

Barsinister

Banned
Should I play this even if I hate Anime?

My knowledge of anime begins and ends with this game. You should buy this game if you like "Mad Max" or action movie stuff in general. Be warned, it will make you more manly. My wife was watching me play and got pregnant.

Isa

This is very high up on my to play list, got it installed and ready to go. I enjoyed the Ken's Rage games for what they were but regret not giving them more time. Right now I've been getting back into Persona 5 but I've been debating waiting to see what P5R is going to be. Also, in regards to Valkyria Chronicles 4, I did my part and bought it twice, on PS4 and Xbox. I new I'd love Lost Paradise as soon as I saw the "you are already drunk" scene.

Calibos

It is ok for you to say NO. I understand. Not everybody will, though. I will show them why you say that.

Everybody, this is the kind of person who refuses the call...

haha...I was kinda messing around. It does look and sound pretty good, I am just major backlogged right now.

You are the first person ever to publicly nail where my name/gamertag is from. (it kind of ages me :messenger_fearful:) Cheers!

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I finished FOTNS: LP this past Monday afternoon. Only completed the main story (I do the same for Yakuza) and 8 substories as they were mandatory/required due to setting up other stuff in the game that you can do.

Overall, a good 7.0/10 for me. For whatever reason, the combat feels worse to me than it does in Yakuza (I completed Zero and Kiwami). Story and characters are the highlight of the game. The map is decent size and looks good at best. Yakuza looks way better. The desert is simply dull, empty and bland. In a later mission, you see all these trucks and trailers and honestly, it looks like a PS2 game. It looks bad. At least to me. Also, the driving was meh and having other cars out there and hit you to start a melee battle (as opposed to car combat) was just a WTF moment.

For those who love Yakuza and/or the franchise, you'll most likely love the game. I personally didn't. On the positive side, the game cost me $25 off Amazon and I traded it in yesterday to GameStop for $24 as im an Elite Pro member so for literally $1, game was well worth the 15 or so hours I put into it. If it wasn't on sale for $25, I wouldn't have given the game a chance. For $30 or less and being a fan, it's worth it. For more than that or if you're not a fan, I suggest waiting for a huge discounted price on the game.

With all of this said, once I finish Darksiders III, my next game will be Yakuza Kiwami 2 as I start wrapping that up.

Barsinister

Banned
In all seriousness, this game at points gives the player a great feeling of being an overpowered wrecking machine. It has a quality that I find lacking in most glass-cannon type games nowadays. It reminds me of "Kung Fu" on the NES.

One punch takedowns.

It has an earnestness in the delivery that I love. If you are the type who loved when Charles Bronson blew that creep away with a rocket launcher...

..this game will bring you great joy.

Barsinister

Banned
Another update:

Holy cow! I did not know that there were arcade games out in the wasteland to find! I found "OutRun"!! And then I got to play "OutRun"! What else is out in the Wasteland?

Danjin44

Another update:

Holy cow! I did not know that there were arcade games out in the wasteland to find! I found "OutRun"!! And then I got to play "OutRun"! What else is out in the Wasteland?
There is entire quests dedicated to finding arcade games.

Barsinister

Banned
There is entire quests dedicated to finding arcade games.

Yeah! The arcade owner. He asked me to go find arcade machines for him. I didn't actually think I would get to play them, too! I loved OutRun as a kid!

I also found a claw machine. But I am thinking about old Sega Arcade machines, now. Golden Axe? Space Harrier?

Last edited:
Fan of the franchise, and I picked it up recently for $20. Focusing on Lost Paradise right now. I just don't know what to do with the stickers included with this game. Omae wa mou shindeiru
DeadlyDearHochstettersfrog-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom