• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I want Sleep Mode on my home console!

meppi

Kobun Heat said:
**** sleep mode in a console, I wish I could turn the goddamn PSP off in the first place. If you don't play it for a week the battery goes.

That's normal? I never knew that up untill now.

I found it weird that between my occasional Wipeout sessions I always had to recharge my machine. I thought that I must have forgotten to switch it off or something. :-/

I'd be fine by spending about 30 seconds more getting to a save point in shutting it off...

Yeah, and as I've said previously. This is all provided that the developers place save points at convenient locations. Sleep mode > Save game. As others have stated, it negates the need for booting the game and loading your save game file. All time better spent gaming.

Kobun Heat said:
**** sleep mode in a console, I wish I could turn the goddamn PSP off in the first place. If you don't play it for a week the battery goes.

Write a book about the history of Sony and maybe they'll send you a working model. :p

I've never experieced any problems with my PSP dying while in in Sleep mode.

sammy

I've really wanted to make a thread on this subject for some time, to see peoples responses ---- the GBA spoiled me on sleep-function... and ever since I've been waiting for other consoles to catch up.

You would think that it would be industry-standard to employ sleep-function for current generations of consoles --- especially with how much older audiences are getting, their busy lives can only allow for quick sessions of games or constant interuptions.

sleep functions also don't interfear with different save mechanics games work into their difficulty ---- they just suspend data, but your ass can still die - so i really don't see how anyone could be offended.

it's been so so so long since i've completed a console RPG, due to the fact that at random I'm interrupted with something in my life and have to turn the game off an hour between save states ---- and i simply don't want to treck over some spots again later, especially if i have no clue i'll be interrupted again...
but portable RPG's i complete on a regular basis, simply becasue i can sleep the console when my real life needs to continue.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Kobun Heat said:

Uhh, defective PSP? Hold the power switch for more than 3 seconds.

Top Bottom