• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I want to play Deadstorm Pirates, Time Crisis 4, and HotD 4 on PS3. What do I need?

Regiruler

I know very little about the PS Move system or what it requires. I believe we have a PS Eye camera, but I think that's about it.

The games I'm planning on getting are Time Crisis Raising Storm and House of the Dead 4. I'm getting razing storm for the two games with it and have no intention of playing razing storm itself. Am I missing much from the Time Crisis 4 standalone? It's much more expensive.

I want to know what equipment I need, if there's any known issues with used ones, if I need any particular edition, and any setup tips or requirements because I don't knos how to set them up.

TheMoon

http://kotaku.com/5572132/time-crisis-for-playstation-move-is-actually-three-games-in-one

http://www.trustedreviews.com/best-playstation-move-games_round-up_Page-5

157185_back.jpg

http://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/psn/house_of_the_dead_4

Tizoc

House of the Dead 3 is also on PS3 via PSN, as well as HotD Overkill.
Dreadstorm Pirates is on EU PSN last I checked. You can play these games with a PS3 controller just fine IMO

Regiruler

Linking to reviews of games I was already getting isn't helpful.
House of the Dead 3 is also on PS3 via PSN, as well as HotD Overkill.
Dreadstorm Pirates is on EU PSN last I checked. You can play these games with a PS3 controller just fine IMO
I already have 3 on Wii, Overkill I have on PC.

Ashtar

Ps camera
Ps move
I have the gun accessory
Bought everything used but I feel like the move controllers run out really quick but probably due to the light

Mask

I know very little about the PS Move system or what it requires. I believe we have a PS Eye camera, but I think that's about it.

The games I'm planning on getting are Time Crisis Raising Storm and House of the Dead 4. I'm getting razing storm for the two games with it and have no intention of playing razing storm itself. Am I missing much from the Time Crisis 4 standalone? It's much more expensive.

I want to know what equipment I need, if there's any known issues with used ones, if I need any particular edition, and any setup tips or requirements because I don't knos how to set them up.

The only thing you're missing from the standalone TC4 bundle, is the Guncon 3, the PS3 G-con lightgun they bundled with the weird sensors to use em on a HD screen. Works fine on Time Crisis 4, Razing Storm and Deadstorm Pirates, but doesn't appear to work in anything else.

If you already have a PS Eye camera for PS3, you can just grab a move controller and a gun shell and you should be fine. Move works with a lot more, and isn't too bad once you're used to it, but you probably won't be able to get much of a perfect light gun experience with any of em, since most work like the Wiimote's aiming now.

Regiruler

The only thing you're missing from the standalone TC4 bundle, is the Guncon 3, the PS3 G-con lightgun they bundled with the weird sensors to use em on a HD screen. Works fine on Time Crisis 4, Razing Storm and Deadstorm Pirates, but doesn't appear to work in anything else.

If you already have a PS Eye camera for PS3, you can just grab a move controller and a gun shell and you should be fine. Move works with a lot more, and isn't too bad once you're used to it, but you probably won't be able to get much of a perfect light gun experience with any of em, since most work like the Wiimote's aiming now.
I'm fine with Wiimote-esque aiming, it's how I play HotD 2 and 3.

Tapejara

You'll need a PS3 (obviously), PlayStation Eye Camera, and a Move Controller. You may also want to get the sharpshooter attachment. It's not mandatory, but it'll help emulate that light gun experience. As you said, the Razing Storm collection includes all three games, however as far as I am aware the standalone version of Time Crisis 4 doesn't support Move. You'll need to get the Razing Storm collection if you want to play it with Move.

Setup is easy. Plug the Eye Camera into one of your PS3's USB ports and leave it plugged in when using the Move controller. It functions similar to the Wii sensor, in that it can be placed on top of your TV or in front of it. The Move controller also plugs into the PS3's USB port to charge and sync it with the console, just like the DualShock 3. Once it's charged feel free to unplug the controller from the console and start up the game, as all Move games will prompt you to calibrate the controller before playing. Stick your Move controller in the sharpshooter if you have it, and you're good to go.

Mask

I'm fine with Wiimote-esque aiming, it's how I play HotD 2 and 3.

Move is probably best for you then, it's pretty good with a decent shell for the controller. The Sharpshooter shell mentioned above is decent if it's available at a good price, but there's a lot of cheap move shells on amazon.

Sadly, the G-con that came with Time Crisis originally just doesn't support HoTD4 or 3, so it'd be solely for the games that come with the Razing Storm thing.

Regiruler

You'll need a PS3 (obviously), PlayStation Eye Camera, and a Move Controller. You may also want to get the sharpshooter attachment. It's not mandatory, but it'll help emulate that light gun experience. As you said, the Razing Storm collection includes all three games, however as far as I am aware the standalone version of Time Crisis 4 doesn't support Move. You'll need to get the Razing Storm collection if you want to play it with Move.

Setup is easy. Plug the Eye Camera into one of your PS3's USB ports and leave it plugged in when using the Move controller. It functions similar to the Wii sensor, in that it can be placed on top of your TV or in front of it. The Move controller also plugs into the PS3's USB port to charge and sync it with the console, just like the DualShock 3. Once it's charged feel free to unplug the controller from the console and start up the game, as all Move games will prompt you to calibrate the controller before playing. Stick your Move controller in the sharpshooter if you have it, and you're good to go.
Thanks, this pretty much answers all of my questions.

I ordered RS and a move controller used from highly reputable sellers.

Glowsquid

Wait, the arcade mode for Razing Storm is actually really fun. All those terrible reviews were horribly off the mark.

>trusting journos reviews of arcade games

The FPS mode is pretty wretched though. I usually don't give up on games after 15 minutes of palytime, but *that* was an exception.

Top Bottom