• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I was weak I pre ordered Spider Man 2 for PS5 today lol

I was weak
gonna cry tobey maguire GIF

splattered

I didn't even play the first one, but I'll probably still pre-order the second one for my son. I think it's launch edition? I've been getting all of PS5 games physical so far. VR games digital though.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
It makes zero sense to wait on PC ports for PS5 games - Half of them have been inferior on PC, and you have to wait like 2-3 years. That is stupid lol

Puscifer

I am buying for PS5 as well OP. Also, I suspect you will get posts in this thread with people clowning you for pre-ordering a game.
These days with companies actively trying to murder physical media I don't blame him personally. You sometimes have too because it could be weeks before restocks.

Not got anything against OverHeat OverHeat but just so many people defending preordering in here.

You have an issue with him preordering this title for his PS5?

Insomniac tends to release really solid titles and since its getting digital I don't see a price drop anytime soon. Those are usually the arguments against preordering.

I wouldn't because I always buy physical which tends to drop in price quite quickly.

Just_one

Missy Peregrym Fbi GIF by CBS

i pre-ordered it alongside MK1 and AC Mirage on a 3 for 2 store promo here in Portugal back in june

cant wait!

Last edited:

NickFire

Not got anything against OverHeat OverHeat but just so many people defending preordering in here.
Pre-ordering saves a lot of jobs. Imagine how many companies would be filing bankruptcy within a month of launching expensive games if sales were based solely on output instead of hype? :pie_thinking:

Also, I am kidding about that being a good thing.

Also, every now and then I pre-order a game too. Sometimes it feels worth it. Sparingly, and only if the previews were legit and not just cgi trailer nonsense.

killatopak

Preordering stuff in itself isn’t really a problem. The problem is people doing it just based on hype alone or without delving into the necessary information that title has. Then being disappointed how it didn’t turn out to be what they expect.

In this case, this is already the 3rd iteration if you include Miles. If you enjoyed the games or the Spiderman ip itself, you already know the minimum of what you’ll get. Everything else is gravy.

Don’t be ashamed of how you spent your money. It’s yours and nobody has the right to complain about it. What matters is if you feel satisfied with what you got in return. Fuck everybody else’s opinion.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
You're weak because you preordered.

What's the point? Seriously, what benefit does this bring you?

fool-took.gif
Hype. And sometimes that little bit of hype and anticipation feels good. Especially when the preload hits and the countdown timer. I know I felt that with RDR2.

We used to all love gaming and it's hype aspects at one time. Before we all became jaded and miserable cunts.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Hype. And sometimes that little bit of hype and anticipation feels good. Especially when the preload hits and the countdown timer. I know I felt that with RDR2.

We used to all love gaming and it's hype aspects at one time. Before we all became jaded and miserable cunts.
Take a Prozac and go back to work. You'll play it when it's out, lol.

Top Bottom