• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I went full xbox and question to multi consoles owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonNCM

I just sold my PS5 for one reason.
I feel tired having and maintaining two consoles - jumping from one to another.
I made decision to keep my XSX since I prefer what MS is releasing (Flight simulator and soon Forza Horizon 5).
Having PS5 is great experience especially with R&C:RA and it was tough choice to let it go, but I felt just tired.

And frankly, it feels good to have just one system, like I cleaned the air and I do not need to divide my attention since now. I even bought expensive memory expansion (1Tb seagate 5gb/s speed) to feel more fulfilled :).

Question to you: do you feel the same, or if you
PC collecting dust.....PS5 collecting dust.........XBOX series S will die soon because is played 24/7 from me & my daughteres....FUCKING GAMEPASS.

I have a XSX, PC, Switch and PS5

my primary is the XSX simply because of gamepass, I’m not looking to spend $60 on games outside of COD.

My PS5 is basically just a Spider-Man machine, their exclusives otherwise don’t interest me.

Why do I hold onto my PS5? Because who wants to go through the hassle of trying to find one again if I do want to play a game on there? I don’t.

I'm Xbox SX, Switch & PC. Nice that PS games are coming to PC I got a bunch of them around Christmas still yet to play any of them for a decent amount of time because I've still got shit loads of other stuff to play :eek:

HoofHearted

Have them all, play them all (PC, XSX, PS5, Switch). There are games I can only play on each console. PC i play the least - I maybe play 2-3 games consistently because I prefer being lazy on my couch in front of my big ass TV.

GHG

I keep a PC and a PS5. I really don't see an issue switching between the two. What exactly made jumping from one to the other so difficult?

Yep, the combo I have and I'm swimming in games and can play absolutely everything that interests me. The only thing I'm lacking is time.

I don't think I'd be happy having either one of those platforms taken away from me, that's how you create some of the salty bitter assholes that post here.

I have all 4 but at least 95% of the time I use the Series X. If I could only keep one that would be it, but I know I would be sad if/when a good exclusive hits one of the others, so I’ll keep them. I think I’ve completely lost interest in Nintendo though, and pretty close to the same with PS5 exclusives…

I would sell in this order:

First to go Switch, then PS5. Actually, that’s it, would never sell the PC or the Xbox.

i don't like having multiple consoles. i was gonna get a PS5 but i'm waiting for the XSX. PS5 has nothing to offer me. well, there is Demon's Souls.... but otherwise the only other game I want to play is Horizon Forbidden West which is coming to PS4 and i tried to convince myself to get a PS5 by saying i could play my PS4 games on it.

so yknow what i just kept my PS4 (which i hardly use now anyway) and i'll get an Xbox ASAP.

Pantz

I like to have them all but do feel bad for neglecting one over the others for too long. So I could understand if that's something that might stress some out too much. Doesn't matter what consoles I have anyway, at the back of my mind I'm always wishing I was playing some PS1 game.

SNG32

Nope each console serves it's purpose so I don't mind juggling

PS5 - I usually use for exclusives and multiplayer games since most of my friends are on Playstation
Xbox Series X - I use for strictly gamepass
PC - I use for emulation, third party multiplats, and fighting games.
Switch - I was using for exclusives but since emulation has gotten better on PC and has better resolution i'm playing switch games on PC more.

Toots

Gold Member
Never go full Xbox

Ben-Stiller-Shaun-White.jpg

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I don't feel like I am juggling anything as I just have to change the input on my receiver. Right now I am playing Metroid Dread, but I will also play some Rocket League on the XBOX. I have no issue owning all the consoles. I will get a PS5 eventually.

tommib

I play on anything that allows me. PS5, Series S, Switch, Mac, Windows, Apple Arcade… I don’t want to clean the air. I have different games in different platforms and I’m thankful to access all of them. Can’t wait for FH5 on my Series S and to replay Disco Elysium on my MacBook but only after I finish Dread.

arvfab

Banned
Have a PS5, Switch and decent PC. Mainly play on the first two for their exclusives and PC was intended for MS exclusives, but is currently used only for work for lack of something interesting to me.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Obviously multiple consoles divides attention, but I only ever play one game at a time, so I just boot it up on whichever console I have it on. I like being able to play any game on the market.

I get that everyone is different though, so enjoy your games how/where you want.

Little Mac

Gold Member
I’m a one console guy. Somewhat of a minimalist. Having things that just sit around unused collecting dust somewhat gives me anxiety. I tune in to E3 and take notes and whatever console manufacturer gets me the most excited for the generation is the console I buy. I used to fanboy about my choice but don’t anymore. If another console is firing on all cylinders, I will sell off and switch camps but at the moment I’m really happy with Xbox, mainly because of Gamepass, and I don’t think that’s going to change anytime soon.

twilo99

Question to you: do you feel the same, or if you keep more than one console (and PC?) do you feel tired sometimes dividing your attention?

Having a PC with gamepass ultimate feels like I own an xbox to be honest, I feel like I am part of the same ecosystem and don't need an actual xbox.

The series S is enticing to for my other room, but the X is redundant if you have a decent PC.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I buy one of each console because FOMO is real. I don't have stress over dividing attention between because they're just consoles. They don't have feelings and they don't care how much I play one vs. another. The point for me is that if there's a game I want to play I can play it. Grab the controller and press the button and my console and TV turn on.

As for which I prefer, I play Switch the most. I play NES/SNES and Mario Kart with friends the most.

Between XSX and PS5 I haven't decided yet. Most of my games are for Xbox because in recent years Xbox One X was usually the best place to play third party games. The performance between PS5 and XSX has been so close that things like Smart Delivery and cloud save compatibility are now influencing my buying decisions. I bought Mass Effect Legendary Edition on Xbox because it was so simple to play the same save file on both XSX and One X. It is such a seamless handoff between them that in the time it takes me to stop playing downstairs on One X, grab something to drink and go upstairs to the XSX my save has already synced to the cloud and is ready to sync to the console. It's like this for other games, too. It could change once we see fewer games made that are compatible with Xbox One. But the good thing is that when it happens I have the choice.

Saber

Gold Member
I dunno...your case sounds more like the case of some digital people moaning "Oh no! Changing the disks...the pain!!!"

But each with their own. I quite frankly prefer to have one only as well.

Topher

Gold Member
Like others have said, I don't get this "maintenance" either, but if that's how you looked at it then ok. Regardless, I would not like being limited to one system. For all of last gen I had PC and PS4 and that covered 99% of what I wanted to play. I recently acquired XSX and frankly, it is refreshing to have that third option just to keep things fresh. I'm a big fan of Microsoft Rewards and that XSX has given me another avenue for generating points. And since I've become a member of this community it is nice to be able to discuss these systems intelligently from a first hand perspective.

Currently using PS5, PC & Switch mainly, but still have a lot of old systems (in particular SEGA) that aren't an inconvenience to remove from a box and connect to the TV if I wanna play older stuff. It does mean I've got too many games to play sure, but also variety is through the roof and there's always something interesting to try.

Having a PC with gamepass ultimate feels like I own an xbox to be honest, I feel like I am part of the same ecosystem and don't need an actual xbox.

The series S is enticing to for my other room, but the X is redundant if you have a decent PC.

Pretty much of the same mindset myself. With GamePass & Microsoft's decision to release exclusives on PC day & date alongside Xbox, decided to skip Xbox this gen and picked up a Switch for the travels instead.

saintjules

I have all the current-gen consoles now (plus PC for some things) and appreciate the ability to jump where necessary.

For instance, if I want to take advantage of GamePass, I have access to it. Scarlet Nexus became a GP title recently. Had I not bought it on the PS5, I would have grabbed it as a GP game to play on Series X.

Next, PS5 has an exclusive title that is on there, I go to that if it's in my wheelhouse. Or you can say a game like Bravely Default II is only on the Switch. I get to play it there because I have the means to access it should I choose.

Last example. Maybe a third party title performs better on one Console versus the other. VRR comes to mind - helps the gameplay performance of a game on the Series X versus the performance on PS5. I go to Series X for that title.

It's about accessibility for me. Last gen I was mostly on the PS4/Pro before I got a Xbox One X and Switch much later down the road before the current gen began.

No offense to the OP, but I would never sell my PS5, especially within the first year. We're just starting the generation and I feel this time around it's going to be a long one.

Last edited:

Jaysen

Banned
I own both, but don’t feel compelled to turn on the PS5 just because I own it. The XSX is my new main, and I use the PS5 for exclusives. It’s not all that complicated. The odd console out for me is the Switch. I just never had time for it so I sold it.

Leonidas

Yeah multi-console owning sucks.

You end up spending $1000 for two machines with roughly the same capabilities, but games are held hostage for exclusivity.

I'm going PC only. I'll get a Series X when the price drop or SSD increased to 2TB just to play my BC games. As for Sony, I'll wait 5 years to see how their PC strategy evolves, if they want me to buy their games they know where to put them.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
to much over lap this gen it will be a while before I’ll really feel the need to own both again. With gamepass the choice will easily be made for many. With the chance of any game hitting day one with your sub, really can’t bet that value. Really don’t have the time to worry about the 1-2 games a year I would really miss not having a PS5, prob will hold off till Spider man 2 hits in a few year (maybe with a slim/pro option).

Quasicat

I felt the same during the PS 360 era. That was about the time I started going mostly digital, and with all the free games I was getting from the subscription services, I found that I was getting confused on what game was on what system. This is where I made the decision to make the Xbox 360 my primary console. I still buy Playstation and Nintendo systems, but they are pretty much only for exclusives.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I just sold my PS5 for one reason.
I feel tired having and maintaining two consoles - jumping from one to another.
I made decision to keep my XSX since I prefer what MS is releasing (Flight simulator and soon Forza Horizon 5).
Having PS5 is great experience especially with R&C:RA and it was tough choice to let it go, but I felt just tired.

And frankly, it feels good to have just one system, like I cleaned the air and I do not need to divide my attention since now. I even bought expensive memory expansion (1Tb seagate 5gb/s speed) to feel more fulfilled :).

Question to you: do you feel the same, or if you keep more than one console (and PC?) do you feel tired sometimes dividing your attention?
It really comes down to if a gamer thinks all those PS exclusives (which most skew to SP narratives and come out 1-2 times a year) are worth it.

Some people care about them and stick with PS, some don't.

I've been Xbox since 360. I actually dont care about almost all first party MS and Sony games. Best one to me I'd play is probably Forza circuit racers and F8 isn't even out yet. But I like the controller, online and with Game Pass it's a no brainer for me. I don't play games as much as I used to, so topping up my gold membership with GPU for cheap is good enough.

I think a lot of gamers think the same way as me. That's why so many of the best selling games are EA and Activision and R* games. I'm in the same boat. My fav games are EA Sports, COD, Diablo and just by luck for me Bethesda RPGs.

If there was an uber console that was 100% third party multiplat games but was more powerful than PS and Xbox I'd totally consider it (assuming it lasts and doesn't die in a year). Dont care for Halo, Fable, Uncharted, Spiderman etc...

Last edited:

twilo99

Pretty much of the same mindset myself. With GamePass & Microsoft's decision to release exclusives on PC day & date alongside Xbox, decided to skip Xbox this gen and picked up a Switch for the travels instead.

Yeah, so many games on gamepass is kind of silly, and I think its about to get really interesting in the next year or so.

I thought about the switch, but I think I will try and see how the xcloud on my laptop holds while traveling before investing.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I currently own a PS4 and Series X. I spend about 95% of my time on PS4 so I'm considering getting rid of the SX. I kind of know what you mean OP.

That being said, I'm waiting for the one platform game to show up before really deciding on a next gen console.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
PS5, Switch & PC.

No need for Xbox to come into the family.

I kind of agree with this.

That's the perfect gaming combo, if you can afford it. Literally nothing is beyond your reach, including all emulated retro gaming.

Also OP... you might want to go get checked out by the doctor if swapping from one console to another tires you out like that. You might have ME.

Last edited:
I'm used to it since the 80's, so it isn't an issue for me.

I currently only have last gen consoles and PC due to the ongoing chip shortage and scalpfucks pissing in our coffee for the rarely available stocks. Will get both PS5 and Series X asap.

But I do get your point.

Once you're married, start having kids and barely have time for gaming after work, you start to question your gaming habits and spending routine.

Till previous gen I was getting both consoles for their exclusives and multiplayer population in 3rd party games.

But this gen I'm getting:
  • Xbox Series X for Gamepass (PC Gamepass app is fucked up), backward compatibility all the way back to the OG Xbox (have a sizeable library of Xbox, 360 and Xbox One, so I can finally retire my Xbox One base), and games using current generation I/O subsystem tech aka "Direct Storage" which hasn't even started to come out on PC yet.
  • PS5 for exclusives, PS4 backward compatibility (have a sizeable library and I finally retire my PS4 base), I/O subsystem tech, and multiplayer games having the biggest population on either of these two consoles.
Already have:
  • Switch for Nintendo exclusives and portability. Would love to get a Steam Deck but it isn't available in my country.
  • And finally a PC, for PC exclusives which are in the 1000's, single player games like Doom/RTS games which are best played on PC with a keyboard and mouse, productivity, entertainment/media consumption etc. I simply cannot think of not having a PC at all.
In the end it comes down to personal choice based on many factors I listed above (+ many more other people might have) and affordability. No choice is objectively "wrong" in this context.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I have everything, and I flipping love it.

PC and Xbox for that gamepass love, third party games thanks to VRR and the more powerful box plus incredible franchises like Halo, Forza, Gears etc.

PS5 for the Exclusives - Simples, absolutely stella games you cant get anywhere else....

...Just like my switch! - None stop bangers from their first party.

Just love em all.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Absolutely not, I have systems because of games, not because of the systems.
I bought my ps3 solely for MGS4 (got the bundle actually), I got a few more games on ps3 eventually, but I did most of my console gaming on the x360.
Similarly I bought a Wii U just for Bayonetta 2, and to this day I only have a handful of Wii U games.

I skipped ps4 because nothing on it interested me, and so far it's the same situation with ps5; I'll get a switch when Bayonetta 3 launches.

welshrat

Totally understand, I was contemplating a series X just because I could but know it would sit there doing nothing. Ps5 in living room Pc in my office is best of both worlds as far as I am concerned. Also means when the wife wants to watch something I don't feel guilty grabbing the TV and can game on PC.

Haggard

Banned
Since you don`t play two games, much less 2 consoles, at the same time I don´t understand this notion at all.

dealer-

Paralysis of choice is definitely an issue for me so I can see how limiting your options just lets you focus on the games on one system. It's just easier than second-guessing which platform to buy something on.

I guess I don't get this. I like having all the consoles if I can. I don't have a PS5 yet, but that is only due to my main console being Xbox, and how hard it still is to get a PS5. As soon as the PS5 is readily available I'll snap one up and put a bunch of time into it playing all the exclusives I've missed so far.

fart town usa

Gold Member
XBOX is the one that gets the least of my attention. I have an OG and a 360 but just don't feel the need to take the plunge. I do like what MS is doing though with the Series X, I think they're the most exciting platform in gaming at the moment.

My thing is that I mainly retro game so the new consoles aren't even something I'm interested in at the moment and they won't be until a new RE title is announced for them.

Glad you're enjoying your Series X OP, the set up you have sounds comfy as hell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom