• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I would love to catch up on all those Nintendo games but I can't get over their dumbass business decisions

ReBurn

Gold Member
At least it was clear from the beginning that Super Mario 3D collection was only going to be available for a limited time. And you can gat a copy on eBay for close to launch price. So at this point I'm not sure what the issue is. As for Nintendo game prices, their title do occasionally go on sale. Not often, but it happens and you can sometimes get the first party games for between $35 and $45.

The thing with Nintendo is that they know how good their games are you know what you're getting when you buy them. It's always clear and they're almost always worth it. If the argument is that over times the games don't become cheap enough then maybe stop being cheap?

Cyberpunkd

People wouldn't suddenly stop buying their consoles just because their games are available on another platform.
This is precisely what will happen, it buffles my mind people think otherwise.

Scenario A: the only way to play Nintendo games is to buy a Nintendo hardware

Scenario B: you don’t need to buy Nintendo hardware to play Nintendo games

Nintendo makes a profit on every console sold Day 1, as opposed to Sony and Microsoft. It’s in their best interest to tie people to their hardware ecosystem.

zeldaring

Banned
So weird to me that people think Nintendo should make their games on other consoles but dont think Sony should make god of war for xbox. Like the whole point of having these big games everyone wants to play is so that you buy their hardware
He hasn't caught up on Nintendo games for 27 years. he can easily play most on pc and not need the hardware. just copy's of the game.

Last edited:

poodaddy

Nintendo has sales in their e shop all the time OP, and yes even first party titles go on sale several times a year. Seriously, not sure why this misinformation continues to be spread, the Switch era has changed their approach to sales and discounts heavily versus what they were during the Wii and Wii U eras. Granted, you're not gonna see sales on games that haven't been out long, but their first party titles absolutely do go on sale.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I mean, OP every once in a while “gets reminded of Nintendo’s existence when browsing the internet”.
This guy gets it, lol.

Unlike those ITT who huff on Reggie's farts and trip over themselves to laugh at me for speaking negatively about their religion favourite console, I generally don't follow and don't care about Nintendo. The last time that I did was during the Game Cube era.

Buy a Wii U and mod it. Very easy. If you don't want to do that. Wii U and Switch Emulation is pretty much flawless with the occasional hiccup.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
man-shut-up-doughboy.gif

angrod14

I think their games are very expensive for what they are, and the sales are pathetic. 50-60 bucks to pick up stars with Mario is a little bit too much.

Chastten

Banned
I love when a thread is so bad that there are at least a dozen posters who make a better point than the OP does.

Expensive games, bad online, not enough third party games, underpowered hardware... those are all completely valid, understandable reasons to not buy/like the Switch. Meanwhile. OP goes with a completely nonsensical reason that borders on trolling.

Anyways, I'm glad OP doesn't care about Nintendo. I just don't understand why this thread exists then. The mysteries of the world never cease to amaze me.

Last edited:
I used to like Nintendo stuff but I lost interest when they started focusing on gimmicks which thankfully stopped after the Wii U bombed. But even though I find the Switch cool, it feels like such a cheaply made product which they vastly overcharge for, I can't get behind that. I payed less than the price of a Switch in 2021 for my phone which is 3 times more powerful than the Switch with way better features to boot. Nintendo games almost never go on sale too, so you pretty much always have to pay 50 a pop even for games that released many years ago. And the last thing is that Nintendo still relies on constantly releasing the same 7-8 games without really innovating much.
If that's the case you should just quit consoles period.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I love when a thread is so bad that there are at least a dozen posters who make a better point than the OP does.

Expensive games, bad online, not enough third party games, underpowered hardware... those are all completely valid, understandable reasons to not buy/like the Switch. Meanwhile. OP goes with a completely nonsensical reason that borders on trolling.

Anyways, I'm glad OP doesn't care about Nintendo. I just don't understand why this thread exists then. The mysteries of the world never cease to amaze me.
Better ask yourself why are you getting so defensive about it that you have to return unprompted to this thread to mald at me some more, and if it's any healthier than my reasons for getting annoyed with that company.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
Most of us buy any systems because of the games not brand, I bought Switch not because of the brand, mostly because it has games I want to play.

Its not that complicated, you want to play Switch games then buy Switch or emulated on PC.
Exactly, and I'm annoyed that Nintendo makes it such an inconvenience to get those games. What's so difficult to understand here?

Chastten

Banned
Better ask yourself why are you getting so defensive about it that you have to return unprompted to this thread to mald at me some more, and if it's any healthier than my reasons for getting annoyed with that company.

Well, I was bored and I entered this thread based on the title. I'm always interested in serious conversations.

After readin the OP, I've been trying to figure out if you're just very young or trolling. Since I still haven't figured out the answer to that since your replies are all over the place and constantly conflicting with eachother, the jury is still out on that.

zeldaring

Banned
Exactly, and I'm annoyed that Nintendo makes it such an inconvenience to get those games. What's so difficult to understand here?
You are literately talking about collection that is available everywhere. literately dolphin takes minutes to download, watch a video on how to set up controls and you are done.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Well, I was bored and I entered this thread based on the title. I'm always interested in serious conversations.

After readin the OP, I've been trying to figure out if you're just very young or trolling. Since I still haven't figured out the answer to that since your replies are all over the place and constantly conflicting with eachother, the jury is still out on that.
e879516e-7c0c-4da6-a733-bf4c28f7469d_text.gif

Drizzlehell

Banned
Inconvenience how? You want to play their games but you don’t want buy Switch, that your issue not Nintendo.
I've already explained. Very thoroughly.

And yeah, I realise that my reasons are not such a huge problem to be the end of the world, but compared to how Series S made it incredibly convenient to catch up on dozens of original Xbox and 360 titles, it feels like Nintendo expects me to run an obstacle course.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

And yeah, I realise that my reasons are not such a huge problem to be the end of the world, but compared to how Series S made it incredibly convenient to catch up on dozens of original Xbox and 360 titles, it feels like Nintendo expects me to run an obstacle course.
Again that’s mostly your issue not Nintendo, most people who want to play their game already bought Switch.

And you say it’s “stupid business decision“ and yet look at their sales number, at least be honest, this is nothing more than another port begging thread.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
Again that’s mostly your issue not Nintendo, most people who want to play their game already bought Switch.

And you say it’s “stupid business decision“ and yet look at their sales number, at least be honest, this is not more than another port begging thread.
Again, you misunderstand. I don't give a shit how much money they're making. Arbitrarily removing those Mario games from digital distribution was still monumentally retarded.

Are you an Advance Wars fan?
I don't really know what that is. Some turn-based game, IIRC?

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
Well, I guess this answers the question.

Makes sense you can't buy Nintendo games if you're twelve and don't have access to a bankaccount or credit card. Now I understand the thread better as well. :) Getting GamePass from your parents is a godsent, aint it?
you-got-me-you-got.gif

Hudo

I don't really know what that is. Some turn-based game, IIRC?
Yes. And above and beyond Fire Emblem in every conceivable way. And yet, horribly neglected. They've released a remake encompassing of the two Game Boy Advance games (which are quite good, as is the remake itself!). So if you want to give money to Nintendo, I implore you to consider buying Advance Wars for Switch as well, so that the series might live once again.

Fuck Fire Emblem.

Actually, Fire Emblem is alright. It's just that I am not really keen on them exploring the dating sim stuff further and further.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Yes. And above and beyond Fire Emblem in every conceivable way. And yet, horribly neglected. They've released a remake encompassing of the two Game Boy Advance games (which are quite good, as is the remake itself!). So if you want to give money to Nintendo, I implore you to consider buying Advance Wars for Switch as well, so that the series might live once again.

Fuck Fire Emblem.

Actually, Fire Emblem is alright. It's just that I am not really keen on them exploring the dating sim stuff further and further.
Alight, I'll keep that in mind should I ever buy a Switch, then.

I enjoyed the energy of that post, though, lol.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
This.
Gaming’s an expensive hobby. Nintendo’s just good at keeping their games valuable. We should all be so lucky to have a business that’s so insanely profitable
I really wish people around here would stop peddling this bullshit around.

Sorry to break it to you, but gaming isn't this elite VIP club where only special snowflakes like you who can afford it are allowed inside. It's a medium of entertainment that covers a very wide spectrum of audiences from various social backgrounds and it's affordable to pretty much anyone who isn't struggling with literal poverty.

Also, don't make me laugh about this "Nintendo good at value" crap. They push the same BS as anyone else, good AND bad.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
If you want to play their games buy their hardware. It's quite simple.

I don't understand this sudden angst towards platforms that strongly cater towards those who have invested in their hardware. It's the way it's supposed to be.
Yep.

Nintendo's games and their platforms are synonymous with each other. A synergy. You mainly buy their platforms for their games.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Just dropping in to let you all know that I hate everything about this thread, from the idiotic ragebait topic, to the creepy Nintendo warriors defending the valor of m'lady Nintendo. What the fuck is this shit.

Anyone played Baldur's Gate 3? Now THAT'S a video game.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Drizzlehell Drizzlehell , you mentioned that the list of games you are actually interested in is small. What are the games?
Metroid Prime remaster, those 3D Mario games, the open world Zelda that everyone was raving about a few years back... I guess that's it. Maybe Bayonetta too but that's like a distant, distant 4th.

Other than that, I don't even know what else is there in terms of exclusives, but I definitely don't care about any Pokemons or other stuff like that.

Seems like they are very consistent in what they are doing, even if you don't like it. So why would you continually go back only to realize they are indeed still doing the same thing they have always done, just to get mad about it? Odd.

It's a pretty damn cheap console, you either are willing to spend ~$300 to get one, and immediately get access to every single game (how is that hard?) or you don't... pretty cut and dry.

Seems like you're actually upset that you can't pirate/emulate games on your PC or something? Pretty odd thread tbh.

Also, don't make me laugh about this "Nintendo good at value" crap. They push the same BS as anyone else, good AND bad.
So they are the same as everyone else now? So what is this topic about? What is going on?

Last edited:

Woopah

Metroid Prime remaster, those 3D Mario games, the open world Zelda that everyone was raving about a few years back... I guess that's it. Maybe Bayonetta too but that's like a distant, distant 4th.

Other than that, I don't even know what else is there in terms of exclusives, but I definitely don't care about any Pokemons or other stuff like that.
Well then you buy a Switch and then buy those games. Apart from the limited copies of 3D Mario, there's no barriers to the rest.

JimboJones

How is the series s more convenient, you have Microsoft bending you over a barrel locked into their store.
Lost Odyssey costs £20, a game that came out 16 years ago that I can find on eBay for £5.
I can't even play physical games I already own for 360.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Drawing the line in the sand over Mario All Stars? Weird reason to avoid the system.

There’s no level of devotion required to buy and enjoy a Switch. You buy it, and you buy the games that interest you. Done.

A local game shop sells Super Mario 3D All Stars collection for €220 which is more expensive than a brand new switch lite. Good thing I'm not a Mario fan.
Nintendo is fucking insane. I remember that for years after PS2 was officially dead you could walk into a game store and buy the most goddamn obscure videogames for €5 used. It is bizarre.

Good thing they don't make anything I'm interested in.

I really wish people around here would stop peddling this bullshit around.

Sorry to break it to you, but gaming isn't this elite VIP club where only special snowflakes like you who can afford it are allowed inside. It's a medium of entertainment that covers a very wide spectrum of audiences from various social backgrounds and it's affordable to pretty much anyone who isn't struggling with literal poverty.

It’s… literally an expensive, completely optional hobby. Much like going to the movies, or building a model airplane. You are entitled to nothing other than air.

Last edited:
Top Bottom