• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ICO 2???

BuddyC

SolidSnakex said:
If it happens there then it looks like the rumors are true...

psp101.jpg

sad.gif

BuddyChrist83 said:

I hope not, but ever since E3 rumors have been circulating that the real reason we haven't seen NICO is because it's a PSP game and obviously Sony isn't ready to show them yet. I want a PSP and all, but if NICO is anything like ICO it'sa game better played on your TV than a small portable.

BuddyC

SolidSnakex said:
I want a PSP and all, but if NICO is anything like ICO it'sa game better played on your TV than a small portable.

I'm glad you do, because I really don't. I know I'll get one eventually due to the games, but NICO would mean getting upon release.

I agree that ICO seems like a better fit for a TV, but I wouldn't be shocked to see a type of TV Adapter make its way out.

B'z-chan

Banned
BuddyChrist83 said:
I'm glad you do, because I really don't. I know I'll get one eventually due to the games, but NICO would mean getting upon release.

I agree that ICO seems like a better fit for a TV, but I wouldn't be shocked to see a type of TV Adapter make its way out.

I agree with ya C about how it would mean instant purchase of a PSP.
Why couldnt it be that they are making maybe two games? one for PSP and one for PS2.

Vark

Judging from the ICO presentation at GDC this year I'd imagine it's just going to take a while. The team is really small and the guy thats heading it up is very much a profectionist from what I can tell. They showed a lot of working builds of the original PSX ICO and its many incarnations and how they kept dropping and redoing stuff until they found something that worked.

So I imagine this one won't be any different in terms of delaying it until they get it right. With such a small staff they cost little to nothing so Sony gives them a lot of leeway apparently.

It might be for the best anyway. ICO didn't get the sales it deserved so maybe putting it on the PSP will make it more succesful.

"Why couldnt it be that they are making maybe two games? one for PSP and one for PS2."

Do you mean the same exact game on both the PS2 and PSP, or different games? Doing the same game might be possible, but I can't see them doing different games, since the development team is way too small for that. Unless when one games development ends they go into the other. So the PSP version might release first followed by a PS2 game or vice versa.

Either way, as long as we get a new ICO i'l be happy. No direct story follow up, just something in a similar style as those pics suggest.

BuddyC

B'z-chan said:
I agree with ya C about how it would mean instant purchase of a PSP.
Why couldnt it be that they are making maybe two games? one for PSP and one for PS2.
Doubtful. That would cut into the PSP marketshare, something they're going to aggresively attempt to establish. Hence the "no straight ports" rule - They want exclusive original content. Multi-console titles, such as Madden, will still see release elsewhere, but I woudn't expect too many simultaneous PS2/PSP releases of the same game.

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
man, you guys are certainly conspiracy theorists. when the NICO / MGS3 videos leaked onto the net, i posted them both on gaming age's front page. SCEA freaked out over it and had us take them down, calling up our ISP and asking them to remove our service -- essentially terminating Gaming Age without even running a notice by us. i didn't save the video because i have enough crap on my hard drive - wtf do i need to keep a stupid video i'll never watch?

neptunes

eXxy said:
man, you guys are certainly conspiracy theorists. when the NICO / MGS3 videos leaked onto the net, i posted them both on gaming age's front page. SCEA freaked out over it and had us take them down, calling up our ISP and asking them to remove our service -- essentially terminating Gaming Age without even running a notice by us. i didn't save the video because i have enough crap on my hard drive - wtf do i need to keep a stupid video i'll never watch?

Did they really contact GA's isp?

they must have pissed and/or scared. :(

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
yes. someone on the forum went to bat for us with SCEA and is the sole reason the ISP didn't go through with it. we would have fought back (and probably won), but that would have been a pain in the ass.

shpankey

not an idiot
Marconelly said:
Does any game do that today? Sure, we can argue graphics all day and night, but other things? I don't know anything that has even simillar (much less better) general feeling, mood, or atmosphere.

Nope. Nothing has since even came close to Ico's mood and feel. It was so rich and thick... full of an amazing "feel". I lack the vocabulary to properly describe Ico's amazing sensation I felt while playing it.

eXxy said:

Do you know you're the only person on the entire Internet that has downloaded this video?

For how many seconds it stayed at the front page?

eXxy said:
give me one good reason to bullshit.

Maybe you just don't remember it right, as you don't care much about the game.

If the video had leaked, someone other than you would claim to have seen it. P2P programs, fansites, forums... absolutely no one, except for they guy named Blue Eyes who posted the pictures and OPM UK, saw it.

Zer0

Banned
i still got the video..i make the screen caps everyone have seen

i havent upload that video on any site, someone got mad about the leak..believe me

aku:jiki

Black_Mamba said:
Do you know you're the only person on the entire Internet that has downloaded this video?

For how many seconds it stayed at the front page?
Yeah. Sorry, eXxy, but I'm going to have to go with this line of thinking as well. I can't possibly believe anything besides you simply misremembering.

Had a video been out, it would be everywhere. How many "Where's Nico?!" threads have there been since those screens? This isn't like some Freestyle Metal X trailer, or whatever, that slips by without anyone even blinking, this is more like something people crusade for. Had the video been leaked, we would've all seen it by now. And we haven't.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Zer0 said:

i havent upload that video on any site, someone got mad about the leak..believe me
Can I get a copy of that?

Ill Saint

Yeah, it's definitely weird that this video never proliferated at all. But then again, I don't think the Siren video made it out either?

BuddyC

Zer0 said:

Boy, I am sure am tempted to offer server space just to see what would happen.

Zer0

Banned
well i will go and have a look if i can upload the little video ( its 5 seconds long) without problems with the ppl at jp

sorry for my english its not my native language

i dont promise anything,cause the screencaps cause a uproar on some bigs fishes there lol

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Zer0 said:
well i will go and have a look if i can upload the little video ( its 5 seconds long) without problems with the ppl at jp

sorry for my english its not my native language

i dont promise anything,cause the screencaps cause a uproar on some bigs fishes there lol
Awesome.

Yusaku

I can host the video, or start a torrent.

And re: PSP on TV, I doubt it. PSP is near console quality, and developers/publishers don't want their PSP games to compete with their console counterparts. Look at how good GT4 looks on PSP, no way does SCEA want you playing that on your TV instead of PS2 GT4.

Top Bottom