• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ico/Shadow of the Colossus collection listing on Walmart.com

ummo said:
thanks for the quote rainking187

Preorder this item today and it should arrive on or just after 04/01/2011 april's... not with ueda's magic please...

there's also a release date hmmm, someone at walmart it's about to be fired / promoted / embargo executed.

That date sounds like a placeholder to me; I don't think anyone at Walmart has that much inside information.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Novella said:
This makes me uncomfortable.

Let's just go ahead and get some guy to repaint the "Mona Lisa" and hang it in the museum.
CAN DO!

Marcel_Duchamp_Mona_Lisa_LHOOQ.jpg

MASTERPIECE! Thank you Marcel Duchamp!

Happy with GOW collection, will buy any other collections they care to put out. Trophy support and up-scaling are necessary for PS1/2 era games that don't use sprites, they look atrocious.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Drkirby said:
CAN DO!

Marcel_Duchamp_Mona_Lisa_LHOOQ.jpg

MASTERPIECE! Thank you Marcel Duchamp!

OT: LHOOQ means "She is hot in the ass" in English.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
ULTROS! said:
OT: LHOOQ means "She is hot in the ass" in English.
Also, to be technical, that isn't a painting but a cheap post card reproduction, with the moustache drawn on with pencil. It is also the reason why I argue art is about emotion and not meaning, since it was made to mock art, not to be called art.

ummo

Banned
Bronze Trophy - Call Agro
Gold - get rid of every colossus in the game
Platinum - Experience Full HD mode after beaten the game.

Chrysalis

Augemitbutter said:
nobody took mine away.

May your PS3 function properly unto eternity...

But mine- and 10 years of game saves along with it - succumbed to a particularly ugly shade of yellow. First console to ever completely crap out on me

Novella said:

Let's just go ahead and get some guy to repaint the "Mona Lisa" and hang it in the museum.
fz5hde.jpg

Take that son! Fuck out of here with your weak ass trolling son!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Drkirby said:
Also, to be technical, that isn't a painting but a cheap post card reproduction, with the moustache drawn on with pencil. It is also the reason why I argue art is about emotion and not meaning, since it was made to mock art, not to be called art.

It's kind of ironic that these anti-art pieces sold over a million dollars since one of the motives of dadaism is to attack the value of art. :lol

Augemitbutter said:
BC and PS2 both still exist. don't buy and move on if you're not interested.
I am in high hopes that a little financial support makes the release of Last Guardian come closer so I would support Team ICO with anything they throw at me. But if the release of this collection is scheduled after the release of Last Guardian I won't buy ICO/SotC again.

Chrysalis said:
Re-buying a game in HD is like re-buying your movie collection in blu-ray: it's something you only really care about if you A) have a decent pile of cash and B) are at least a mild technophile. But if your dvd player is suddenly no longer compatible with your tv, you've got a much greater need to rebuy your dvd's.

The GAF audience is generally well-to-do enough that we don't mirror the gaming population at large. Buying an old game that you already have for small/moderate visual upgrades isn't something the larger gaming public does.
If you think DVD to Blu-Ray is a small/moderate visual upgrade, you need new eyes :) And the old PS3 smoothing only barely makes things look barely better, compared to making the game actually render in HD.

YagizY

Hmm now I consider selling my copy of Ico for $35 so I could just buy this for $40. Prices will surely plummet once this is official though.

Drkirby said:
Was it a disk only copy from Amazon?

From Amazon, but it came with the original case and booklet and insert, all in excellent shape.

I mean, I'm not sorry I bought the game, but I would have waited had I thought this was actually going to happen.

Also, :lol at "collections" consisting of two games.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Night_Trekker said:
From Amazon, but it came with the original case and booklet and insert, all in excellent shape.

I mean, I'm not sorry I bought the game, but I would have waited had I thought this was actually going to happen.

Also, :lol at "collections" consisting of two games.
I sold mine now because I am really expecting a formal announcement at TGS. Seems I bet right :D

Crisis

Banned
Novella said:

gasp.jpg

I don't even know where I'd start with this one.

DrXym

Branduil said:
A better analogy is a painting that's just been restored. Some people might like the version with duller colors as a matter of preference, but it's silly to say restoring art is desecrating it.

A better analogy is not to use one. Sony clearly have some form of PS2 compatibility tools that produces native code. e.g. headers and libs that emulate the PS2 APIs. Something akin to winelib on Linux. I expect if the original souce is available it can be recompiled natively with relatively small modifications.

I would not be surprised if 90% of the source code and 95% of the assets are reusable without change. The biggest issue is probably packaging and fixing any localisation mess (e.g. if the code branched for different languages), adding trophies etc.

ULTROS!

Gravijah said:
viral marketing for frico

ico
nico
trico
frico
fivco
sixco
seveco
eico
nieco
teco

ChryZ said:
Please don't fuck up the box art, make it pretty.
Oh man, I hope they put the box arts from the American versions of both games at a slight angle with their logos underneath them and a black background, and then another logo saying Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection at the top, and then at the bottom a little grey stripe that says "Containing the classic Playstation 2 hits, Ico and Shadow of Colossus, now in HD!"

That would be the best box art ever

Branduil said:
I'm curious what they'll do for ICO HD, the original game ran in supersampled 240x320, which gave it a sort of soft-focus feel. I guess they could just use some kind of soft-focus depth-of-field effect.

This is a good question. The HD version of Rez looked completely different with the new fine, crisp well defined lines and odd empty space in widescreen.

onken

Yeah I'd definitely buy this. Even emulated on a super PC, SotC still has the shitty framerate problems, that getting fixed is worth it on its own.

Though it will be interesting to see what they do with ICO, since it never had a widescreen option.

Gravijah

onken said:
Yeah I'd definitely buy this. Even emulated on a super PC, SotC still has the shitty framerate problems, that getting fixed is worth it on its own.

Though it will be interesting to see what they do with ICO, since it never had a widescreen option.

AHEM SOTC WITHOUT EXTREME FRAME RATE DROPS IS NOT SOTC

I think it was last year when a Sony exec said that he thought the US box art for ICO hurt the sales of the game. So it wouldn't surprise me if they use a different boxart for it if they decide to put both boxarts on the cover like they did for the GoW Collection.

onken

Gravijah said:
AHEM SOTC WITHOUT EXTREME FRAME RATE DROPS IS NOT SOTC

I know you're joking but it's rather lol that some people take this stance seriously. People seem to think this is like Stars Wars where they butchered all the backdrops with crappy already-dated CG. This is more equivalent to removing the person behind you kicking your seat non-stop while watching it the first time.

onken said:
I know you're joking but it's rather lol that some people take this stance seriously. People seem to think this is like Stars Wars where they butchered all the backdrops with crappy already-dated CG. This is more equivalent to removing the person behind you kicking your seat non-stop while watching it the first time.
It likely has to do with people worshiping Ueda's games as more than just games and thus flaws have to be intentional, because a work of art can't be flawed.

Top Bottom