• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: IEM VIII World Championship – SC2 ($100,000 Winner-Takes-All), LoL & Hearthstone!

luffeN

So what's up with Hearthstone? Watching the stream and so far only commercials :(

Edit: Okay, just started, they had some difficulties.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
barf
What a disgusting SC2 finals. Great CS:GO sets and story.
Honestly barely care about SC2 anymore, fuck you Blizzard.
I've never felt this way about FPS. Usually the only thing I felt that ever made it hard to watch, was how long the games are.

DOTA/LoL and SC2 seem confusing as hell to me. I like watching SC2 but half the time I never know what's going on
FPS is inherently much harder to spectate.

1) Roofs and Walls (Can't see PLAYERS on the whole map, must use minimap and representation)
2) Everyone in the game can die in under a second and you need to catch this while showing positioning and guessing at likely places action is going to happen
3) Flashbangs and Smokes
4) Players through walls
5) Showing equipment, money, gear, etc

Then add in the fact that new players need to understand how Eco rounds work, how money works, how keeping and taking guns work, differences in guns etc. It's much harder to get a grasp of everything, but still easy to appreciate 1 guy pistoling 3 people with rifles.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
This was good.

I got about 5 minutes in and it's kind of nonsense really. Are sponsors really going to care if 30% of SC2 players are watching a tournament, if they can so many more viewers on Dota/League and maybe even GO. The fact is these games are seeing growth and hitting new max. concurrent numbers while SC2 hasn't seen anywhere near the same increase.

And Blizzard charging for another required expansion doesn't help the game at all, if they really cared about growing the game as an eSport they would have made it F2P a long time ago.
barf
What a disgusting SC2 finals. Great CS:GO sets and story.
Honestly barely care about SC2 anymore, fuck you Blizzard.

Don't worry, another paid expansion is coming, that'll surely increase player numbers and make the game better.

Top Bottom