• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: IEM VIII World Championship – SC2 ($100,000 Winner-Takes-All), LoL & Hearthstone!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
FPS and CS especially (given the maps and TTK) is so hard to present, but everything here they are showing in spectator is really quite impressive.

It's actually watchable and there's lot of redundant information in different parts of the screen (good!). Gogo underdogs VP!

Syf

Banned
ESL/IEM have really put on a great event this weekend. Hope the PvP is a good match, these fans deserve one.

Omega

Banned
FPS and CS especially (given the maps and TTK) is so hard to present, but everything here they are showing in spectator is really quite impressive.

It's actually watchable and there's lot of redundant information in different parts of the screen (good!). Gogo underdogs VP!

I've never felt this way about FPS. Usually the only thing I felt that ever made it hard to watch, was how long the games are.

DOTA/LoL and SC2 seem confusing as hell to me. I like watching SC2 but half the time I never know what's going on

twofold

is there some in joke im missing with csgo not getting a mention in the title or op?

There's not many CS:GO fans on here. CS:GO only picked up in popularity over the past few months, too. It's insane that there's 225k people (and climbing!) watching the final at the moment.

Valve's done a great job with the CS:GO spectator UI. It's so much better than the 1.6/source equivalents. The dedicated observer is doing a fantastic job, too. I gotta give it to the ESL folks - they've put on a really slick production.

Syf

Banned
Isn't CS:GO also not technically a part of the IEM event? It isn't featured on the official event website. That might be why it isn't in the title.

There's not many CS:GO fans on here. CS:GO only picked up in popularity over the past few months, too. It's insane that there's 225k people (and climbing!) watching the final at the moment.

Valve's done a great job with the CS:GO spectator UI. It's so much better than the 1.6/source equivalents. The dedicated observer is doing a fantastic job, too. I gotta give it to the ESL folks - they've put on a really slick production.

The production is super nice, and for once easy to follow.

They also lucked into a good storyline (the underdog home team that got badmouthed just a few days ago vs the big champs hungry for a win after a 2nd place before).

twofold

"230k watching online! CS claims it's rightful place on top of the tree of esports"

I don't think he's seen LoL numbers.

Eh, CS:GO has gone from 40k~ max viewers for its finals to around 230k in around six months. That's incredibly impressive. Sure, it's not LoL numbers, but it's still better than most.

Edit - GG!
Well played, Virtus Pro! UL NiP.

Edit2 - This polish crowd is awesome.

What the hell? I thought SC2 was @ 3 EST...

Also from being a really long time CS player that never really watched competitive games. I love them showing the smokes being thrown. The angles they would throw at were insane.

Nzyme32

Just watched the CS:GO final. Wow. I haven't watched anything like it before. Can't believe how tense and exciting it was, and with such a massive and awesome crowd. Definitely staying tuned for starcraft!

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

Won

Crazy numbers for CS:GO there. Close to 250k in the end. Would never have thought this to be possible a year ago. A lot can be learned from Valve here.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Wonder if these sorts of numbers will convince Valve to run a CS:GO International.

Syf

Banned
Wonder if these sorts of numbers will convince Valve to run a CS:GO International.
I'd love to see that.

Also, three minutes! Wish the SC2 final could've been anything but two protoss players but it should be a good match regardless.

Nzyme32

First time watch starcraft e-sports and I have learned that proxy gating is a cheeky tactic. He better scout, I want to watch a longer match!

SamuraiX-

First time watch starcraft e-sports and I have learned that proxy gating is a cheeky tactic. He better scout, I want to watch a longer match!

I would just like to apologize that the first match you get to watch is consequently the worst matchup in the entire game (PvP).

ykMhtqz.jpg

peakish

Seriously though hero deserved a quick win after those first games. I'll treat the series as a bo5 now with only one cheese having happened so far.

Syf

Banned
I kinda hope the cheese continues and Morhaime's finals party is ruined so he'll sit down and have a long talk with DK.

Because you don't contribute shit and just do your best to drive people out of the community with your whine. This will be the last fucking SC2 tournament and thread I participate with gaf on and I hope you are fucking happy.

Being upset at something I love to watch upsets you so much? There have been some great games in this tournament and these first 2 games were not entertaining at all. It's ridiculous that the end of the tournament stats like that.

We're supposed to share opinions here as it is a forum.

I'd like anyone else to speak up if posts like that "drive ppl from the community".

Top Bottom