• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: IEM VIII World Championship – SC2 ($100,000 Winner-Takes-All), LoL & Hearthstone!

Aaron

I don't know why Taeja didn't commit early when SoS had like one stalker for defense. That contain against nothing was a waste of time.

Taeja, you're amazing at so many things... so why do you choose the absolutely worst times to engage?

SamuraiX-

TaeJa made some godawful mistakes in Game 2. Constantly overextending and that big engagement at the ramp near his third was Gold League-tier.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Taeja needs to not be running headlong into half a dozen storms like that...

SamuraiX-

So I heard you like headphones.

tngY4zXl.jpg

zC6LFvZ.gif

That was stupid. Taeja needed more bunkers but time warps. Should have just pulled back to the main.

Taeja please save us from PvP. Fighting under Timewarp was stupid as well.

calder

Damn.

Welp, that's it for me lol. *half the viewers leave stream*

EDIT: but I am going to miss another installment of "ToD Doesn't Get English Idioms"

peakish

Meh, no fun builds from sOs this time. Boring series except that game two.

I'm also stupified every time a blink stalker all-in is held because that just doesn't seem to be possible when looking at games like this.

SamuraiX-

lol protoss gud unit

I like herO and sOs but the fact that a Protoss is gonna walk away with $100,000 because of a bull shit map pool and a broken race is kind of disgusting.

Interested to see how many viewers actually tune in. My guess is only 30-40k.

survivor

Banned
lol protoss gud unit

I like herO and sOs but the fact that a Protoss is gonna walk away with $100,000 because of a bull shit map pool and a broken race is kind of disgusting.

Interested to see how many viewers actually tune in. My guess is only 30-40k.

Eh, it's the finals for 100k, don't think it will be below 50k.

EmiPrime

Tod being awkward not understanding basic English idioms.

I really don't see how Taeja was supposed to defend that on two fronts against a constant stream of reinforcements that can effectively move anywhere. sOs could have streamed his zealots into the expansion to make it even more one sided.

Aaron

He could have pulled everything into the main to make a smaller area to defend. It would have meant lost mining time, but at least he would have survived. With luck, he could make that up in the mid game. Terran can't defend on two fronts in the early game. They don't have photon overcharge.

Mr Swine

Banned
The absolutely worst thing is that Blizzard nerfed the MSC vision range from 13 to 9 and it's still a big problem for terrans

EmiPrime

He could have pulled everything into the main to make a smaller area to defend. It would have meant lost mining time, but at least he would have survived. With luck, he could make that up in the mid game. Terran can't defend on two fronts in the early game. They don't have photon overcharge.

I think that losing the mining time at the expansion and inevitably a ton of SCVs to repair bunkers would have put him too far behind even if he held.

Welp I hope herO wins if only to deny sOs his 2nd 100K since he won Blizzcon last year.

Frost is a good map regardless but the MSC + Blink just kills it.

Aaron

I think that losing the mining time at the expansion and inevitably a ton of SCVs to repair bunkers would have put him too far behind even if he held.
Well yeah. It's pvt after all.

Taeja could have held if he either built a second bunker in his main or had SCV's to repair his only one.
SoS would have just focused down the natural, and then blinked into the main on that side, away from the bunker.

EmiPrime

Taeja could have held if he either built a second bunker in his main or had SCV's to repair his only one.

There are too many ways into the base with blink for bunkers to provide adequate cover in the main. It's too easy on that map. Taeja and sOs could play the same game 10 times from the scan on the gateways and sOs would probably win all of them.

I think a lot of us needs a break to cool down and think this through.

Very disappointed that sOs just used blink with variations for pretty much 3 games in a row and won 2 of them that mattered the most. :(

If you play Protoss, try and stay away from the forums and Reddit and even twitter. Lots of people are angry and its going to take a while to cool down.

I'm still kinda numb at how both matches for Polt and Taeja ended. Misinformation and not enough units to hold. I want to be angry but I also don't want to blame herO and sOs for using their best tools to win.

So conflicted.... Hope tonights Proleague makes me happy.

Don't miss it guys! 5 am EST on twitch. MKP vs Roro later on with Samsung vs Prime.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
After the way these last games went (including the end of Jaedong vs HerO) I don't want to see any PvP. I'm going to watch proleague and hope that has some good stuff. It'd be nice to see Prime get some wins, though they may well get steamrolled.

EmiPrime

If you play Protoss, try and stay away from the forums and Reddit and even twitter. Lots of people are angry and its going to take a while to cool down.

This isn't about which race you play but rather the future of the game. MOBAs have been eating SC2's lunch for some time now and the foreign competition has become increasingly irrelevant in HOTS (Scarlett excepted) so the last thing SC2 needs is horribly lopsided balance. More and more people will lose interest and the game will slowly die if this continues as it's terrible to watch and it's especially demoralising for players who don't play protoss who get creamed by cheesy builds in a winner takes all competition.

CS:GO final stream is live! http://www.twitch.tv/esltv_cs/

NiP (f0rest, get_right, fifflaren, friberg, xizt) vs Virtus.pro (Pasha, Neo, Taz, Byali, Snax)

The broadcast will start in 20 minutes~ or so. The crowd/stage look awesome already.

Hltv.org have put up a good preview of the finals here - http://www.hltv.org/news/12171-ems-one-nip-vs-virtuspro-preview

Hopefully it'll be good one.

GL to the Polish team. Would be awesome for them to win in their home country!

twofold

GL to the Polish team. Would be awesome for them to win in their home country!

Indeed. They've been playing fantastically well this tournament and I'd love to see them win (although, I wouldn't mind if NiP won, either - I like both teams a lot).

I wonder how high the stream numbers will be today. Yesterday's stream topped out at 125k - 150k+ would be awesome.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
It's beautiful ;_;
Such a shame I got into PC gaming late.

Reminds me I really need to get TI4 tickets somehow. Too bad no Dota at MLG. At least smash will be hype when there are only Protoss left in SC2.

fUmBuD4.jpg

Omega

Banned
What time does SC2 start? On the schedule in the OP it says 10:30, is that CET?

Also, CS is gonna be hype. Had no idea people were talking about it in here.

Gonna sleep though it probably but I hope CJ Entus herO wins personally in the SC2 finals. sOs winning 200K within one year is too much for my liking.

Top Bottom