• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If I "Deactivate All" my PS3 consoles..

Just wondering.
If I go to the Qriocity web site and deactivate all the PS3/PSP's linked to my PSN account, will it affect anything?
Seems the only way to deactivate a PS3 you have no access to is to do a "Deactivate All"

Currently my son got a new PS3 for Xmas and I'm trying to make that my second PS3 besides my main used living room PS3.

Basically I have a broken 60GB in my closet I cant turn on to deactivate..
A 40GB fatty that I sold when I got my slim..
My sons old 40GB that broke..
My brother's PS3 that he sold years ago..
And my final and 5th account tie in is my presently used living room PS3.

I know the new rule is 2 registered PS3's to 1 account and thats cool with me, all I want able to access my purchases on mine and my sons new PS3.

So if i go to the site and "Deactivate All" will it affect my past purchases? Will I be able to just log into my main living room console, make that registered console #1 able to access my 5 years worth of PS3 purchases and then log-in to sons console in his room and make that #2, him to also to log into my account and access my previous purchases while making him my final registered console?

Deactivate them all and then reactivate the 2 ps3's you want. I deactivated and reactivated both my ps3's and nothing bad happened.

you cant actually deactivate from that website

You can deactivate consoles through the website now.

Yes, you can deactivate them from Qriocity.
You just won't be able to decativate the PS3 that is tied to "VIDEO" content.
For that you need to call customer service.

Deactivating won't affect any of your purchases as they are tied to your username. (It's not like the Wii, which ties your purchases to the hardware).

Once deactivated..I suggest you activate them one at a time, wait for them to show up in Qriocity and then label them. I had to do what you are doing earlier this month..I had a rogue PS3 listed that was not removable due to the video tie.

Here's what I did..very simple...

JXRgQ.jpg

Razorskin

----- ------
Anyone saying you can't isn't aware of the change they did a few months ago.

Pkm said:
So if i go to the site and "Deactivate All" will it affect my past purchases? Will I be able to just log into my main living room console, make that registered console #1 able to access my 5 years worth of PS3 purchases and then log-in to sons console in his room and make that #2, him to also to log into my account and access my previous purchases while making him my final registered console?

Yes, you would be able to do that.

Yes, you can deactivate them from Qriocity.
You just won't be able to decativate the PS3 that is tied to "VIDEO" content.
For that you need to call customer service.

Deactivating won't affect any of your purchases as they are tied to your username. (It's not like the Wii, which ties your purchases to the hardware).

Once deactivated..I suggest you activate them one at a time, wait for them to show up in Qriocity and then label them. I had to do what you are doing earlier this month..I had a rogue PS3 listed that was not removable due to the video tie.

Here's what I did..very simple...

JXRgQ.jpg

Excellent! Thanks alot!

Sadly, my video tied in PS3 is the dead 60GB laying in my closet...I fought with them years ago when it broke about the registration, they were impossible, glad to see its easier using this web site.
Ashame about the video aspect still being a pain but oh well, I never used there video options anyways.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Purchases made before Nov 18th or around there still abide to the 5 activation rule. Purchases made after have 2 slots

Excellent! Thanks alot!

Sadly, my video tied in PS3 is the dead 60GB laying in my closet...I fought with them years ago when it broke about the registration, they were impossible, glad to see its easier using this web site.
Ashame about the video aspect still being a pain but oh well, I never used there video options anyways.

Same here with the video option, I'll never use it..but I am OCD enough that I just called and had them remove it.

The Qriocity site, on the whole, is really good for seeing what the hell you've purchased and/or downloaded over the years.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Will I be able to just log into my main living room console, make that registered console #1 able to access my 5 years worth of PS3 purchases and then log-in to sons console in his room and make that #2, him to also to log into my account and access my previous purchases while making him my final registered console?

You answered it yourself. This is exactly how it will work.

Some are even reporting that it does not actually deactivate the content on the older other 5, but it simply gives 5 more activations onto the account.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
You Can deactivate all from the account tab, but you can deactivate a single machine from the Devices tab.

WRONG! its everything or nothing, no cherry-picking

You can't choose from Devices Tab, it just tells you how to deactivate the PS3 and the steps to follow

Only way you will Deactivate is a Full Wipe, ie through Account Tab, it will wipe away everything, all the PS3's activated and all PSP's activated associated with that account, giving you a fresh start
You can only use this once every 6 months

Good thing is any purchases made before November 18th 2011, are in the grandfathered-in period, anything you have bought before than, up to 5 PS3's can share just like the good ol' days and enjoy

Everything afterwards past the 18th purchased, DL'ed are only 2 activation, first 2 PS3's to activate content after the 18th get dibs, the other 3 are shit outta luck
I don't think you can cherry pick games and put them on certain PS3's, like 1 be master PS3, and then the slaves get morsel-ed out, once the 2nd PS3 gets activated, your slots are bye bye for 6 months

fernoca

For those wondering...
They recently changed it to be able to do it from the website. For years, you couldn't which is why some are saying "you can't".

You answered it yourself. This is exactly how it will work.

Some are even reporting that it does not actually deactivate the content on the older other 5, but it simply gives 5 more activations onto the account.

If those other consoles aren't ever connected online again, there'd be no way to take those activations away.

this thread showed me i can deactivate from that website.

i was finally able to recover about $70 worth of 3 year old content...

it is now time to rub a dub.

GraveRobberX

If those other consoles aren't ever connected online again, there'd be no way to take those activations away.

It doesn't matter if the PS3's are offline, you get your slots back

Yeah it's cheating the system to a point, but they at one time had to go online to even activate said account and DL all the goodies then go off the grid

Sony just wipes your activations clean, once that person puts in the Ethernet wire or through Wifi for whatever reason and powers up the PS3, all those games will be made redundant
Most will be unplayable, others still play amazingly, you will need to activate account again

this thread showed me i can deactivate from that website.

i was finally able to recover about $70 worth of 3 year old content...

it is now time to rub a dub.

Good Stuff man, enjoy, it was a give and take, but I'm happy we have a little power with our accounts

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
For those wondering...
They recently changed it to be able to do it from the website. For years, you couldn't which is why some are saying "you can't".

Actually, I think it might be because you actually still can't do it from Sony's PSN login website.

You have to go through the qriocity website.

AndyD

aka andydumi

Right. But some say some games do not check activations even when online and keep on playing just fine. As GraveRobber described above.

burgerdog

Awesome, I did not know you could do this online. Deactivated the five registered consoles and now my slim and 60gig will be the only active ps3s.

Roto13

So if I deactivate all of the PS3s tied to my account, anything I bought before November whatever will still be able to be activated on up to 5 systems, right?

EDIT: Oh, I can't deactivate my (broken) video account PS3 unless I call Sony. Well, nevermind then. That's the only reason I want to deactivate my accounts.

GraveRobberX

Roto13 you can call them up, they will do it for you

Just have the new PS3 Serial # ready for the PS3 you want video activated on

well it seems i was able to recover most of my old content except for 2 things.

mkII doesn't even exist on the store anymore and it appears to have vanished from my D/L history, whats up with that? gauntlet II was still there and even things like GT HD Concept were still present in my D/L history. Any chance I could salvage MKII somehow?

Also, I was able to re-download the 2 add-ons i purchased for SSDHD but only the demo of the game. when i start it up to play it's just the demo. the unlock key is missing from my D/L history...anything I can do about this?

GraveRobberX

Handycrap101

Did you buy SSHD on that account?. On mine it says SSHD full game unlock, no unlock key necessary

Same goes for MKII, it's in my DL History

If not maybe other account?, or game shared and you had access to it?

Handycrap101

Did you buy SSHD on that account, if so look again, the unlock key should be there, it's impossible it vanished

Same goes for MKII (I think)

If not maybe other account?, or game shared and you had access to it?

I checked a few times... they're both missing.

I'm nearly certain I purchased them on that account because I was only using one account then. This was in 07 though so I could be wrong. MKII I feel like I shared with a friend so I'm not too concerned about it but I suspect that SSHD is having issues because it was one of the games featured in the 'welcome back' package.

DomLando

If I deactivate all, will the content on the systems that have content before deactivation on them still work? Or does that screw everything up when you deactivate?

GraveRobberX

If I deactivate all, will the systems that have content on them still work after deactivation? Or does that screw everything up when you deactivate?

You have to go activate all the PS3's again

Remember any content you bought after the 18th of November = 2 PS3 only, first 2 activated and the new games played on

Anything before that an extra 3 PS3 can play, but they will not be allowed to play any of the newer stuff from the date said above

They will be locked out most likely, if allowed access can DL ans waste space unless 6 months and you switch up the PS3 activation carousel

DomLando

You have to go activate all the PS3's again

Remember any content you bought after the 18th of November = 2 PS3 only, first 2 activated and the new games played on

Anything before that an extra 3 PS3 can play, but they will not be allowed to play any of the newer stuff from the date said above

They will be locked out most likely, if allowed access can DL ans waste space unless 6 months and you switch up the PS3 activation carousel

Ok thanks for clearing that up for me.

GraveRobberX

Wait? We can deactivate consoles now? Link?

http://www.qriocity.com/us/en/

Look @ bottom hand right hand corner, Manage Account > Sign-in with PSN credentials (your info) > Go to Accounts tab > Then Media & Devices Option (7th Option) > Select it > Hove over to the box with "Game", it will tell you how many PS3's + PSP's activated, hit the little blue arrow, propt buttom appears "Deactivate All" > ??????? > Profit*

*Can deactivate once every 6 months from the day you did your full wipe

ACH1LL3US

This is what I get when I try to deactivate a PS3 a I sold:

You can only deactivate your PlayStation®3 system from PlayStation®Network using your PS3™ system. You cannot deactivate it using a PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system or PC.
On the XMB™ menu, go to PlayStation®Network and sign in to your PlayStation®Network account.
Go to Account Management > System Activation > PS3™ System.
Select the type of content you no longer want your PS3™ system to use.
Highlight [Deactivate System] and press the X button. Your system is now deactivated.
Highlight [OK] and press the X button.

Also I followed the instructions above and for videos and music I cant deactivate online, only on the PS3, I had deactivated the games on the PS3 but not video apparently.

Roto13

So here's something I've been curious about since online deactivation was announced. Here's a hypothetical situation.

Say I activated my account on 5 PS3s, henceforth called 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. If I deactivate all of those PS3s on the website, and then activate 1 again, and also four new PS3s (6, 7, 8, and 9), will numbers 2, 3, 4, and 5 be able to keep using my games as long as they never log in with my PSNID again? Or does it check for licenses any time you try to play a game while connected to the PSN, with any PSN account? Or any time you sign in with any account at all?

It's too convoluted for me to ever actually try, but I'm curious. :p

AndyD

aka andydumi
So here's something I've been curious about since online deactivation was announced. Here's a hypothetical situation.

Say I activated my account on 5 PS3s, henceforth called 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. If I deactivate all of those PS3s on the website, and then activate 1 again, and also four new PS3s (6, 7, 8, and 9), will numbers 2, 3, 4, and 5 be able to keep using my games as long as they never log in with my PSNID again? Or does it check for licenses any time you try to play a game while connected to the PSN, with any PSN account? Or any time you sign in with any account at all?

Some games check whenever you try to play them. Some never.

So as long as you never log back on the network with 2-5, all games will continue to work fine (logical for those with legitimate no internet access). And if you do connect to the network, some games will continue to play just fine (probably unintended), and some will stop working (as intended), but there is no list of which is which that I know of. Its trial and error.

Roto13

Some games check whenever you try to play them. Some never.

So as long as you never log back on the network with 2-5, all games will continue to work fine (logical for those with legitimate no internet access). And if you do connect to the network, some games will continue to play just fine (probably unintended), and some will stop working (as intended), but there is no list of which is which that I know of. Its trial and error.

I know some games require sign in at launch in order to work anyway (like Bionic Commando Rearmed 2), and those obviously wouldn't work because they don't work with regular game sharing either. But there are games that don't need to be signed in to the PSN to launch but will stop working if you play while connected to the internet at all anyway?

AndyD

aka andydumi
Yes. Some check activation of the system but do not require PSN access to start. It happened to me a few weeks back with a game, but I forget which.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Lmao, makes me think of the account I used to game share with. I'm guessing everyone has their accounts back now

yurinka

Deactivated all the PS3 and PSPs.
Reactivated my current PS3 and PSP3000 (I had a PSP1000 which was stolen).

One of the deactivated PS3s was the console of a friend, the others were from random people who I shared stuff. The console of my friend died.

Does this mean if I share my new password with my friend, he will be able to activate his new console?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

The licenses/ownership for the games get nuked once PS3s 2-5 go online (doesn't matter what account they log in)

AndyD

aka andydumi
Deactivated all the PS3 and PSPs.
Reactivated my current PS3 and PSP3000 (I had a PSP1000 which was stolen).

One of the deactivated PS3s was the console of a friend, the others were from random people who I shared stuff. The console of my friend died.

Does this mean if I share my new password with my friend, he will be able to activate his new console?

Yep. His new console will be #2 on the account. For post November 18 purchases, there is a limit of 2 consoles, for older purchases 5.

This thread inspired me to deactivate all the random PS3s people have accessed my content with.

Then I realized the only important change I wanted to make is still unavailable, disabling video access from my phat YLOD PS3.

Guess I gotta call customer service :(

Top Bottom