• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If I "Deactivate All" my PS3 consoles..

Jawmuncher

I just read this whole thread and just want to be completely sure here.

1.Use Deactivate All to actually deactivate the consoles you don't have acess to.
2.Once that's done you can reactivate the consoles you do have ownership of by simply logging back into you PSN account on them.
3.You can do this every 6 months.
4.When reactivating it wont affect any content on the system and such.

Is this right
(I don't care about that grandfather status and all that)

I just read this whole thread and just want to be completely sure here.

1.Use Deactivate All to actually deactivate the consoles you don't have acess to.
2.Once that's done you can reactivate the consoles you do have ownership of by simply logging back into you PSN account on them.
3.You can do this every 6 months.
4.When reactivating it wont affect any content on the system and such.

Is this right
(I don't care about that grandfather status and all that)

Yes. :)

DonMigs85

Theoretically you could have more than 5 consoles activated if you never go online with the first 5 activated machines, do "Deactivate All", then activate a new bunch right?

I'm glad this thread was bumped. I've been putting this off and wanted to make sure this would work as expected and couldn't find an answer in this thread for my exact situation. I'd back up my PS3 again before attempting this but, with regards to activation, I don't think that'd help if I screwed up.

Q1 - With regards to game content: If I deactivate all PS3 systems tied to my account and re-activate them one by one, the first two PS3s get all-access to all games purchased, and systems 3-5 get access to all games purchased before the November 2011 cutoff, right?

Q2 - When a system goes online and sees it's been deactivated, and I re-activate it, I won't have any issues with games not working/requiring re-download/re-installation, correct? It should just understand it's good to go again and won't mess with licenses?

How do you deactivate a PS3? I need to do mine, cos I'm selling it.

To deactivate a single, working PS3 system:
On the XMB™ menu, go to PlayStation®Network and sign in to your PlayStation®Network account.
Go to Account Management > System Activation > PS3™ System.
Select the type of content you no longer want your PS3™ system to use.
Highlight [Deactivate System] and press the X button. Your system is now deactivated.
Highlight [OK] and press the X button.

I'm having trouble with this right now as well.

I deactivated all of my old machines. Activated 3 new ones. #1 and #2 can play all my gaming content. #3 cannot play any gaming content (even if purchased before the November 18th deadline).

When I log on to the website it shows 3 PS3 systems being active.

Is there some workaround?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Had to deactivate my PlayStation 3 because it was stolen while trying to be shipped in for YLOD.

That thief has a fucking broken PlayStation 3 - bad news, I have nothing to get repaired now or to show for it... good times!

Ranger X

What is this November deadline thing? Something important did change regarding our purchases? I never had to deactivate reactivate PS3 but I wouldn't want to learn by surprise that there's content I am losing...

Aretak

What is this November deadline thing? Something important did change regarding our purchases? I never had to deactivate reactivate PS3 but I wouldn't want to learn by surprise that there's content I am losing...
The number of activations allowed for each piece of content changed from 5 to 3 in November last year.

They changed the number of consoles that can play purchased content form 5 to 2, but i don't know if that was on the 18th Nov. (not this year it wasn't that's for sure)

So let me get this straight: I had shared out my account to my friends ps3's who've all had broken ps3's and did not deactivate my account before repairing. I can deactivate all the ps3's from a website and then reactivate on my current ps3 and ps3 slim.

It that right?

Top Bottom