• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If Mass Effect Trilogy was Seamless

RuhRo

I actually think a big budget remake would be a great move for reinvigorating this very damaged IP.

Look at how REmake was a prestige play for that franchise, where a simple remaster would not have been. The Shadow of the Colossus remake significantly outsold that game’s original version too, and we know a remaster wouldn’t have gotten as much traction, because they released one, and it didn’t.

A remake of the ME trilogy would have more scope than either of those games, but not impossibly so. And I think, handled right, it could have big commercial prospects.

All of this would require a publisher willing to make an expensive long-game play for prestige and fan approval, of course, and EA is not that publisher.

So you’ll get your bare bones port and you’ll like it.

Last edited:
V

Vader1

Unconfirmed Member
A combat revamp to the first game, and more exploration in the third. At the very least being able to holster your weapon during missions.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
that guy is a hack. he knows 0. absolutely nothing. he literally never had a rumor that came out to be true. i think one time he said some shit that was said by someone before him and that was about it
2020 also seems like a long way away, but ME trilogy, Crysis and Dead Space are 3 EA trilogies that would benefit.

At least we know EA is working on Command and Conquer

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

I guess the fact that this tweet was made on Feb 25th and the fact that we are reading about it today almost 2 weeks later, really tells you the state of Mass Effect. This would have been big news 3-4 years ago.

I checked Shinobi's twitter page and he had said nothing to say about it, and thus I am inclined to call BS on it.

Last edited:

Esppiral

You'd expect a series of games to improve each time a new game is released, quite the opposite with Mass Effect sadly.

I want Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3, as one seamless game with no indication as to when the next game starts when you finish one. Just "Mass Effect" all the way through.

frogger

I really want to replay this series again, epic games. Except they really need to update the combat and exploration engine in ME1.

On a side note, I just watched the TV series The Expanse. It is amazing, almost like a prequel to mass effect.

prag16

Banned
Yeah, I can't remember a single case of this Sellars guy being proven accurate with non-obvious information. Take this with a dwarf planet of salt.

As for the (old) OP, HA. As others have said the absolute best we can hope for is a trilogy pack with all DLC and some minor graphical updates.

Top Bottom