• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If Metroid Prime 3 is a launch title...

Well, usually there's more ads/info by now, right? But there's nothing as far as I can tell. If it weren't for E3 hardly anyone would know this was going to be available in the fall. I dunno, maybe the hype will start sometime very soon, I'm just surprised that so little has been revealed or said about the game, which is probably only 3-4 months away if Wii launches in October or November.

lifestyle_ss_metroid.png

I just hope they actually put as much detail and effort, even more, into this one than the other two, instead of simply banking it on the new control style.

ant1532

Banned
It is....

So is Zelda and all other launch titles for Wii... No ads have begun though right? They don't start until later dude... First nintendo launch?

Amir0x

Banned
Very few ads for both PS3 and Wii atm. Big campaigns start in September i bet for October launch, October for November launch

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
have you seen the trailers? the animations is rocking I think it looks pretty good.

castle007

Banned
It is still kind of early. You don't see Sony releaseing tons of info about launch titles.

Nobody has even played in the Twilight realm yet in Zelda TP!!!

ant1532 said:
It is....

So is Zelda and all other launch titles for Wii... No ads have begun though right? They don't start until later dude... First nintendo launch?

38th Nintendo launch or something like that.

Thing is, Zelda has been pretty hyped already. Metroid, while a big franchise, needs a bit more of a push I think. People are aware that Zelda is coming out. But not nearly as many are aware that a Metroid Prime game is launching w/Wii. I guarantee if I went up to someone and said "hey did you know MP3 will be a launch title?" they'd be like "WHUT NO WAI!"

Sure, Zelda has been a pretty deceptive kitten, but we've still gotten tons of videos, impressions, information, etc. on it. Metroid... hardly a smidgen. Just a couple of E3 videos and screens to let us know it's coming. I realize it's too early for a marketing campaign; that's not what I'm implying. I just think that it being 3-4 months away from release, well, the word should be spread more than it has been.

I am hoping MP3 will actually cut down on a lot of the crap from MP1 & 2(Color-coded space pirates, 300 visors, lame collectathons towards the end, etc) but I'm not holding out much hope.

I'll buy it anyway I'm sure for the wiimote slinging goodness. I'm not going to upgrade my TV though cause I'm sure I'll throw my wii through the old one once some Chozo statue asks me to collect 12 pieces of whatever just to fight the last boss.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
I am hoping MP3 will actually cut down on a lot of the crap from MP1 & 2(Color-coded space pirates, 300 visors, lame collectathons towards the end, etc) but I'm not holding out much hope.

I'll buy it anyway I'm sure for the wiimote slinging goodness. I'm not going to upgrade my TV though cause I'm sure I'll throw my wii through the old one once some Chozo statue asks me to collect 12 pieces of whatever just to fight the last boss.

I hear you. I love the Prime games; I'd say they're some of my favorites of the last gen overall, but wow. Metroid and even Zelda have, recently, been keen on being fantastic games while making some seriously stupid decisions. Collecting the Relics in Prime 1, collecting the Triforce pieces in Wind Waker... not cool. But they're still wonderful games. Hopefully Prime 3 will not cater to this recent tradition.

Shalomi

Who cares about ads? The important thing is THEY HAVEN'T EVEN ****ING GOT THE TOOLS NEEDED TO USE THE SPEAKER IN THE REMOTE HOLY **** WE'RE ALL SCREWED **** YOU NINTENDO BANBANBANBAN

Too early for a marketing campaign.

Besides, Nintendo likes to have a 1-2 combo for their launches and holiday shopping seasons, meaning Zelda will probably come in October, and Metroid Prime 3 will come the first week of December.

Bloodwake

soundwave05 said:
Too early for a marketing campaign.

Besides, Nintendo likes to have a 1-2 combo for their launches and holiday shopping seasons, meaning Zelda will probably come in October, and Metroid Prime 3 will come the first week of December.

Honestly, you are right.

I remember the GameCube launch... and waiting for ****ing Smash Bros. Melee.

mugwhump

Shalomi said:
Who cares about ads? The important thing is THEY HAVEN'T EVEN ****ING GOT THE TOOLS NEEDED TO USE THE SPEAKER IN THE REMOTE HOLY **** WE'RE ALL SCREWED **** YOU NINTENDO BANBANBANBAN
I think Amirox has left many N-bots emotionally scarred. o_O

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Bloodwake said:
Honestly, you are right.

I remember the GameCube launch... and waiting for ****ing Smash Bros. Melee.
Man that was painful...But I guess Nintendo was just trying to prepare us for what was in store for GC owners. :(

Well the GameCube launch was odd in that Luigi's Mansion or Rogue Squadron probably should've been in that December slot, and Smash Bros. should've been the launch title.

Zelda: TP is a hell of a lot better than Luigi's Mansion, so Metroid can come 2 weeks later, no problem.

Waiting almost 1 1/2 months for Wave Race 64 after Mario 64 ... now THAT was painful.

Amir0x said:
It's a very tiny improvement, but it's Metroid Prime 3. Who cares?
The graphics themselves aren't a significant visual improvement, but have you seen the demo reel trailer? Not the official trailer, or the regular E3 gameplay footage, but a recording of the demo that played when the E3 demo was left inactive for a few minutes. There were some crazy sequences and animations that were noticeably more ambitious than the previous two games.

threeball

Banned
The graphics don't need any improvement in my opinion. They were great as they were. I'd rather the development team focus on creating the best Metroid Prime yet rather than worry about how it looks.

Amir0x

Banned
Chris Remo said:
The graphics themselves aren't a significant visual improvement, but have you seen the demo reel trailer? Not the official trailer, or the regular E3 gameplay footage, but a recording of the demo that played when the E3 demo was left inactive for a few minutes. There were some crazy sequences and animations that were noticeably more ambitious than the previous two games.

Yes, i've watched probably like 20 different Metroid Prime III videos since I got on broadband. It's just a Gamecube game with more emphasis on animations.

I'm not going to complain about it, I've accepted this and the Prime series is too awesome to get hung up on this. The Prime games are probably some of the best looking games from the previous gen, so there are way worse games to look like if you're stuck underpowered imo.

Xrenity

Nintendo's already advertising for Wii on some internet sites (including mtv.com).

TV and magazines will probably follow in september/october.

Top Bottom