• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If You could live anywhere else, where would it be?

GAMETA

Banned
Germany, Canada or Australia

Problem with Germany is the language barrier... Ironically it's the easiest for me to go (my grandfather was German = passport)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
SE Asia

Cambodia is fun

maybe Thailand

-Minsc-

I'd have to travel elsewhere and actually experience life there before I could make any such claim. Otherwise I'd be making a decision on fantasy green grass.
Definitely an island. Populated or not, doesn't matter. Feeling surrounded by ocean in every direction is really peaceful. City life used to be tons of fun and excitement, but nowadays I want to get far away from that environment.

No island in particular, I have few places in the Caribbean, southwestern Europe, Africa, Australia or Micronesia in mind
Canada's smallest province will take you. Crossing the bridge is free, gotta pay to leave.

Jtibh

Banned
Hope you like 8 months of winter

Otherwise......
wFTCYlt.jpg

XzrKHIT.jpg

vR65gFW.jpg

Qp0CI8n.jpg

KonJPb1.jpg

GymWolf

Hope you like 8 months of winter

Otherwise......
wFTCYlt.jpg

XzrKHIT.jpg

vR65gFW.jpg

Qp0CI8n.jpg

KonJPb1.jpg
i can adapt.

also i visited both america (new york, orlando, miami, cuba) and amsterdam during winter, and my city during winter is surprisingly cold too.

Never been in canada tho.

Last edited:

down 2 orth

Hong Kong or Macau. If you like culture, then prepare to have your face culture-smacked on a consistent basis. The only downside is the cost of living.

Dural

I've also seriously thought about getting something like this;

Rn2cnSv.jpg

and living wherever the road takes me. Not sure how well my kids would take it though.

Jtibh

Banned
i can adapt.

also i visited both america (new york, orlando, miami, cuba) and amsterdam during winter, and my city during winter is surprisingly cold too.

Never been in canada tho.

aFJe1lb.png

This is normal.

I am still not used to it. Never will.

But spring and summer is gorgeous

manfestival

Out of all of the places I have been to. I have considered moving to Medellin, Colombia. I was making plans for earlier this year but COVID happened. I would just need to find a way to keep a high paying American job while living there.

Dark Star

Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, etc. Any Scandinavian/Nordic country is awesome.

Netherlands, too. Specifically Amsterdam.

I'd like to spend a year in Japan as well.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

If I was a millionaire I'd probably move between places once every few months to experience living in different environments. Iceland, France, Italy, Greek islands and Japan would definitely be on my list.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Alberta, Canada
Japan
The UK

I prefer the climate the least in Japan, but man Japanese people just seem so friendly it feels like it would be a pleasant place to live.

Alberta for climate and nature.
UK for my love of history and I just love the look and feel of it.

Jtibh

Banned
Alberta, Canada
Japan
The UK

I prefer the climate the least in Japan, but man Japanese people just seem so friendly it feels like it would be a pleasant place to live.

Alberta for climate and nature.
UK for my love of history and I just love the look and feel of it.
What you mean by climate? You really like the cold?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
What you mean by climate? You really like the cold?
I love the cold. I don't think I'd like the summers of Japan. Very hot and humid from what I've heard. I'm sure I could tolerate it though if I loved living there enough, but I hate the heat.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Vancouver Island if I were to stay in the country, probably up near Comox or Campbell River. If I had my pick of the world, I'd probably go with somewhere in the Algarve.

Jtibh

Banned
I love the cold. I don't think I'd like the summers of Japan. Very hot and humid from what I've heard. I'm sure I could tolerate it though if I loved living there enough, but I hate the heat.
Winnipeg got you covered

A lot of outsiders dont realize how fucking cold it gets here and for how long.

Minus 20 is the average for long period of times and you always get that 2 weeks of minus 30 and 40.

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Mid-Atlantic region of the USA only place for me. Love experiencing all four seasons and I think I finally adapted well from living here all my life. I'm ready for the cold or the heat.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Winnipeg got you covered

A lot of outsiders dont realize how fucking cold it gets here and for how long.

Minus 20 is the average for long period of times and you always get that 2 weeks of minus 30 and 40.
I really like Alberta because Banff is a place that just makes my jaw drop. Though not sure that's really a place you live, it feels like more of a vacation type place. But I wouldn't mind living around nature.

I know much of Canada is like that though.

Jtibh

Banned
I really like Alberta because Banff is a place that just makes my jaw drop. Though not sure that's really a place you live, it feels like more of a vacation type place. But I wouldn't mind living around nature.

I know much of Canada is like that though.
Banff is an hour away but i prefer canmore over banff.
Yeah banff is a tourist place. You can live there but its more to retire same with canmore.

Much better places around banff though.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Midwest USA, Portugal (Lisbon), Italy (Rome) or Mexico City.

If I'm thinking Brazil, Florianópolis would be the dream choice. I almost got a job there a while ago.
I've lived near two of those places. I was born in the Mid-Western U.S. and am nearly 5-years in Mexico (about an hour from Mexico City).

Liljagare

Galicia, Spain.

I am old, and tired. The heat does wonders, but you still get a slight chill in the winter, the seafood is arguably the best in the world, and I would know, because all my life, I have done naught but travel, to find the best sea critters to eat. Hands down, the best place on the planet, if you like seafood.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Problem with Germany is the language barrier... Ironically it's the easiest for me to go (my grandfather was German = passport)
Hmmmmm...

Last edited by a moderator:

GAMETA

Banned
Hmmmmm...

??? What do you mean?

3 cousins of mine did theirs, all based on the documentation of my grandfather and grand grandfather (who served in WW1 and moved to Brazil with his family a couple of years before WW2)...

Sure my cousins look a lot more German than I do (I don't), but, at least theoretically, it shouldn't matter. Can't say how I'd be seen in Germany, though. I really don't look the part...

Last edited:

Trumpeter

Neo Member
All of Western Europe is pretty much fucked for the foreseeable future because of immigration and the effects it has on society.

Even so, I would love to live in the northern part of the Netherlands. Have travelled around there camping and seen the amazing nature reserves, great people and calm way of life. In many ways it seems like a completely different country than the big cities.

ButtSax

Neo Member
Somewhere in southern England. Preferably a nice large countryside estate with a view of the ocean.

Durien

Squamish or Whistler BC. 4 hour drive from me now from Seattle but if I could pack it all up and move, I would do it in a heartbeat (after my kids were out of the house. I couldn't do that to my kids LOL). That is beautiful country.

Top Bottom